Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

31 minutes ago, Awol said:

Agree, but was saying Tammy isn’t an upgrade on the first XI, he’d be (very expensive) depth. If Jack goes 0121 I could see us trying for an Odegaard level replacement. 

Nothing wrong with adding some expensive depth.

Tammy knows he can come here and do a job, that lads got the goods to make you lot jiz a second time 😂

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Presumably you'll be campaigning for the re-signing of Mathieu Berson, Hassan Kachloul and Rudy Gestede next?

I can't believe you are comparing those players' contributions with those of Axel and Tammy.   

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

We can do 2 domestic loans a season, so it's completely possible that deals for Tammy and Axel could be with the view to sign them next summer. I couldn't see us taking either on loan though if we couldn't sign them at the end of it. Also Axel only has 12 months left on his contract which muddies that a bit, but I'm sure they have an extension they can trigger.

I'd be down for both as both are from our championship promotion team who came here and did one heck of a job for us.

I have no doubt that they could come here and be stars a second time coming.

Loans deals with the option to buy would be best for the club although I don't think Axel would be much to buy now would he?

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's also nearly three years ago at this point, so he - being a young player - has presumably improved significantly since then.

3 different leg related injuries that made him unavailable for 47 games in 2 seasons but fond memories so average Joe Villa fan wants him back and people complain about signings to get us into Europe spot. Nostalgia over common sense

1 minute ago, Liam100 said:

I can't believe you are comparing those players' contributions with those of Axel and Tammy.   

Thanks I didn't respond to that post because I'd go on a massive typing response spree lol.

• Like 1

Yesterday the Telegraph were reporting that Chelsea were expecting us to bid for Abraham if Grealish left, so I imagine they're reporting that we want him today because they believe that Grealish to City is going to happen.

I like Abraham and think he's bizarrely underrated on here, but wouldn't be unsure about us spending a large chunk of the Grealish fee on him and Ward Prowse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

3 different leg related injuries that made him unavailable for 47 games in 2 seasons but fond memories so average Joe Villa fan wants him back and people complain about signings to get us into Europe spot. Nostalgia over common sense

Clearly you are not the Average Joe Villa fan, so how would you define the thing that makes you different?

35 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Who suggested that? 500 mins last 2 seasons with loads of time out from 3 injuries. Can't get this defending out of my head but maybe just an off day

You could of at least put the full game on pal, I've seen it on YouTube im sure its there.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

What is the point of Lange and Mackenzie only to be linked with 2 ex loanees unless it's just lazy journalism

Exactly, or us just trolling the media again knowing they'll lap it right up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Clearly you are not the Average Joe Villa fan, so how would you define the thing that makes you different?

Not obsessing about bringing back ex loanees. 

8 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Wes - 12m

Aeg - 15m

Conor - 4m

30 m incoming should be enough for big spends

Who in their right mind will pay 12M for Wes? I think we would be lucky to get 5M for him sadly. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Liam100 said:

The point, Liam, is that the past is the past. Neither of those signings really make objective sense in the present and I feel that those calling for them are fueled by sentimentality. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yeah what you say is true in related to the Injurys and all that, some good memory knowledge there Kiwi.

I understand you want the next step up insignings, so do I to be fair but it maybe that we have to get the likes of Tammy and Axel for a while to get to that next step in signings.

Maybe Smith sees that this is the step in the right direction.

Also I believe Axel and his injuries would be coming here for game time but it'd be a backup role and not as intense as our champ season.

I do actually think were trying to strengthen in a way that makes rotating much stronger than we won't see our normal first eleven all season and risk greater injury to them.

It's alot of money down the drain if one of our stars has a Trezegeut/Wesley injury and yes it can happen to anyone in our squad because football is becoming more ruthless with these type of injuries.

Edited by Dave-R

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I'd be down for both as both are from our championship promotion team who came here and did one heck of a job for us.

I have no doubt that they could come here and be stars a second time coming.

Loans deals with the option to buy would be best for the club although I don't think Axel would be much to buy now would he?

Well, there is a reason for that, but is that what we want? Hopefully the days of bargain basement buys are behind us.

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Well, there is a reason for that, but is that what we want? Hopefully the days of bargain basement buys are behind us.

If they came in did a job then we should always be on the look out for a good little deal that's cheap as hell. As long as they were worth the risk of bringing in and that the player could take a part and when called upon did ace or the best he could, I don't see a problem with it.

Edited by Dave-R