Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, RichiBoi11 said:

Lazy implies it is made up, an easy quick fix for a story to print. That would makev sense if the link came from The Sun or Football Insider, but it's coming from someone who's known for not making stuff up. That's all I was saying, that it seems likely there's some real interst there. Of course, our scouts could just be lazy and have turned to Jacks mates as options.

I could be wrong, but the names are just to convenient for a story to be true.

Percy hasn’t been 100% this window. And now he’s dealing with speculation. He hasn’t done that for a while. He often comes in late when the deal is near done. Sooo maybe pressure from the editor to produce content… or not I don’t know. But I’m suspecting this is far too convenient for these links to be true  

Depending on the price, Axel would be a decent signing: players know him, he's young, he will be willing to play a supporting role, and can play elsewhere if required. 

If this is a loan deal and he's on a free next summer, it's a no-brainer. 

I have no sentiment for the man, I just think it makes some degree of sense. 

• Like 2

Allegedly the new account for the Reddit guy who deleted his account over the weekend when Twitter found his Reddit post history talking about his sexual problems.

(What a **** weird week this is)

You'll need to click to read the full post.

Key point "Jack is definitely staying, those who put money on it will rinse the bookies dry. Promise."

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I could be wrong, but the names are just to convenient for a story to be true.

Percy hasn’t been 100% this window. And now he’s dealing with speculation. He hasn’t done that for a while. He often comes in late when the deal is near done. Sooo maybe pressure from the editor to produce content… or not I don’t know. But I’m suspecting this is far too convenient for these links to be true  

Yeah the truth is we won't know one way or the other until the window is closed, but if he does start speculating then people will take a lot less notice of him. 

9 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I remember Deano getting slated by the boo boys whenever we drew or lost a match about his lack of substitutions or changing "tactics" in those matches.  The truth is that it doesn't matter if Deano, Mourinho, Pep, or Fergie himself was managing this team, we weren't going to have impact subs with the pathetic bench we had last season.  I'm now seeing some of the same people turning down the idea of Tuanzebe (as 4th choice CB) and Abraham (as a backup striker) or the idea of JWP (because he isn't a brick shithouse DM).  If we pull all these signings off, we've strengthened considerably to when we fell off on the back half of the season.  

• Guilbert is an upgrade on Elmo
  • Young is an upgrade on Taylor
  • Sanson is an upgrade on Hourihane
  • Buendia is an upgrade on Traore
  • Bailey is an upgrade on El Ghazi/Trez
  • Tuanzebe would be an upgrade on Engels
  • Abraham would be an upgrade on Wesley/Davis
  • JWP would be an upgrade on Ramsey

Deano will now have the squad strong enough to play a variety of systems to deal with injuries as well as change the shape or have impact subs off the bench.  We'd arguably have a stronger side than we did in 07-08 when we last made a run for the Champions League.

433: Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, McGinn, Douglas Luiz, Sanson, Buendia, Watkins, Grealish

4231:  Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Ward Prowse, Douglas Luiz, Bailey, Buendia, Grealish, Watkins

442: Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Bailey, Ward Prowse, McGinn, Grealish, Watkins, Abraham

532: Martinez, Guilbert, Konsa, Mings, Hause, Young, Ward Prowse, McGinn, Grealish, Watkins, Abraham

Great Post, no likes so have this🤛

I’m smelling a lot of ‘if’ there, given the stage of the preseason we’re at. As it stands if Jack leaves we are substantially weaker than last year, and kick off is next week.

Our CM really worries me at the moment. 

If Southampton reject our JWP bid outright, what then? We’ll be outgunned  in midfield against quite a lot of the other teams in this league.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I’m smelling a lot of ‘if’ there, given the stage of the preseason we’re at. As it stands if Jack leaves we are substantially weaker than last year, and kick off is next week.

Our CM really worries me at the moment. 

If Southampton reject our JWP bid outright, what then? We’ll be outgunned  in midfield against quite a lot of the other teams in this league.

My concern too.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

There are a few pros to signing him, Dean knows his character, we don't need someone to play every week, he is versatile, will be cheap.

He won’t be much of a cover if he’s injured.

No thanks.

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Tammy would be an amazing upgrade and a strength increase in the CF area.

Tammy is quite close to Watkins in terms of style and quality,so would give good competition. However, I think Watkins is slightly ahead so Tammy would have to make do in the bench unless he improves. The jury is out on Wesley, but from what I've seen Tammy would suit or style better. If the price is right it would be a good addition. The price is definitely wrong at 40m though! Around the 20m mark or a loan to buy would make this a no brainer. 

Edited by Made In Aston

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Tammy is quite close to Watkins in terms of style and quality,so would give good competition. However, I think Watkins is slightly ahead so Tammy would have to make do in the bench unless he improves. The jury is out on Wesley, but from what I've seen Tammy would suit or style better. If the price is right it would be a good addition. The price is definitely wrong at 40m though! Around the 20m mark or a loan to buy would make this a no brainer. 

Tammy doesn't press like Watkins does and is a penalty box player.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

I do not see this at all. They are totally different players. Ollie is a hard working striker, great at working the channels, great with his back to goal, great at pressing a defence and generally offering an outlet for a team.
Tammy is 100% a fox in the box. He is a Darren Bent type but obviously a better version.

• Like 3