Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

25 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Wasn't Bailey mentioned on here before any inkling of him signing though....

The only reason I know who he is at all was the recommendation of @Villan4Life as someone we should go for this summer. That was before the window opened, but don’t think he’s been linked with any move. 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

The only reason I know who he is at all was the recommendation of @Villan4Life as someone we should go for this summer. That was before the window opened, but don’t think he’s been linked with any move. 

I just meant he was recommended in here. Not in an ITK way. So I was suggesting that Leon Bailey was recommended and signed so maybe Kamada will by pure coincidence. Unless @Villan4Life has taken up a scouting role at Villa.

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

maybe Kamada will by pure coincidence. Unless @Villan4Life has taken up a scouting role at Villa.

Either works for me. Also, think I’d prefer Alvarez to Tammy if we’re going on a splurge. Buying players who can play two or even three positions is an approach I really rate. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Either works for me. Also, think I’d prefer Alvarez to Tammy if we’re going on a splurge. Buying players who can play two or even three positions is an approach I really rate. 

Yeah I like that versatility and interchangeable ability. Sounds strange but I really think Grealish isn’t a player Smith would have signed to play his system. (If) he goes it will be interesting to see how targets fit into a system, will our transitions be better. I know people attack Smith’s record without Grealish, but the whole system is geared toward facilitating Grealish. And without Grealish it always felt like wait until Jack is back, but that would not be the case.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

We seem to be bookies favourite (sky bet) to sign Danny Ings

that suggests a lot of people are lumping money on him joining us 

better option than Abraham IMO even if there is probably nothing in it 

5 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Anyone take James Rodriguez out of favour with Everton?

One of the more overrated players in recent memory. Don't get me wrong, he's good, but he's still paid and perceived as the player he was for a few weeks during the 2014 World Cup. The other 99% of the time he's a fairly creative player who is never healthy.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

One of the more overrated players in recent memory. Don't get me wrong, he's good, but he's still paid and perceived as the player he was for a few weeks during the 2014 World Cup. The other 99% of the time he's a fairly creative player who is never healthy.

Lived off a world cup, a real modern day El hadji diouf

Also there's allegedly other issues (although unfair and not quite right to call them issues) which may stop Rodriguez from playing. Don't want to mindlessly speculate on here but there are some highly unsubstantiated rumours about James and therefore his ability to play.

That aside, he's a great player and would be very good for us. However, he's not young, earns a huge amount of money and missed a lot of time last season. I don't think he's the kind of move we would be making. I'd love to see him in a Villa shirt though. Also not sure I can see him wanting to come here. He only went to Everton for Ancelotti

53 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Also there's allegedly other issues (although unfair and not quite right to call them issues) which may stop Rodriguez from playing. Don't want to mindlessly speculate on here but there are some highly unsubstantiated rumours about James and therefore his ability to play.

That aside, he's a great player and would be very good for us. However, he's not young, earns a huge amount of money and missed a lot of time last season. I don't think he's the kind of move we would be making. I'd love to see him in a Villa shirt though. Also not sure I can see him wanting to come here. He only went to Everton for Ancelotti

You talking about snip gate.

We sure that isn't just a rumour?

Anyway... Who knows.

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

Lived off a world cup, a real modern day El hadji diouf

He's scored 50% more goals in 100 less games and isn't a striker. You're selling him incredibly short. 

You only have to look at his injury history to see why he's not reached his potential. 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

We seem to be bookies favourite (sky bet) to sign Danny Ings

that suggests a lot of people are lumping money on him joining us 

better option than Abraham IMO even if there is probably nothing in it 

Bookies are getting free money from anyone foolish enough to bet on Ings to Villa

• Haha 1

IMO if Grealish goes even with Bailey and Buendia coming in we still need another wide forward and to sell AEG.

IMO we still need a full blooded defensive midfielder and not IMO but fact we need a centre back.

IMO as Davis is injured for a few months and Wesley is still unknown a striker should be higher on the list of priorities now.

IMO our midfielders are all good but I don’t think the balance is there at all. Maybe an out and out DCM fixes that, maybe it just improves the current situation but we need to be thinking seriously what Luis, McGinn and Sanson’s role is in the team and make some ‘difficult’ decision on them.

39 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I know it hasn’t been announced on the official channel, but I have this sneaky ITK feeling Bailey is going to be announced by the club tomorrow.

Does that get me Tier 0?

Strictly speaking the Tier system is in descending order S, A, B, C, D.

Theres a wide open birth for the SAD bastard. A smattering of accurate if telegraphed calls cuddled by PSG in for Messi, Ronaldo and Pogba.

I’m starting to think, I’d rather go with what we’ve got, bar maybe one further signing, than be rinsed by other clubs for their share of the Grealish money. I don’t think this season will be what we wanted it to be now but equally I don’t think we will struggle (although could get off to shaky start due to all this leading up to it).

That 100mil will be the only silver lining of losing Jack and I’d be gutted if we just squandered it, overpaying for average players. 

• Like 1