• Guilbert is an upgrade on Elmo
  • Young is an upgrade on Taylor
  • Sanson is an upgrade on Hourihane
  • Buendia is an upgrade on Traore
  • Bailey is an upgrade on El Ghazi/Trez
  • Tuanzebe would be an upgrade on Engels
  • Abraham would be an upgrade on Wesley/Davis
  • JWP would be an upgrade on Ramsey

I agree with this (although Buendia is the Barkley upgrade). We should keep Wes as he offers something different in an aerial threat, presence and hold up play that Tammy and Watkins don't. It also allows us more flexibility such as going 2 up top. 

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Tammy is quite close to Watkins in terms of style and quality,so would give good competition. However, I think Watkins is slightly ahead so Tammy would have to make do in the bench unless he improves. The jury is out on Wesley, but from what I've seen Tammy would suit or style better. If the price is right it would be a good addition. The price is definitely wrong at 40m though! Around the 20m mark or a loan to buy would make this a no brainer. 

There no reason why Smith can't utilise both together IMO. There are ways and processes of giving both Watkins and Tammy decent game time. I've explained how in the Tammy thread many a time.

Personally I think both Tammy and Watkins are on par with each other but differ in terms of play styleyet there are simularitys in bits of there game. If Smith goes for Tammy then I should imagine he has ideas that making Watkins play all season long is just not fair nor tactically right. Having both those players gives Smith real trust and confidence in two strikers and this whole main striker title that some say, it will be the last you hear of the words (main striker). Main striker is a way of saying you only have excellent good real striker at your club, but bring a second in and they both equal, both do the job and both are main strikers because they can be both played and rotated to keep each other fresh and in top shape. 38 games is a long time especially at the level of the prem, it isn't right now days playing a guy like Watkins all season, he will pick up an injury eventually as it's greuling on the body and 90 mins at that level is no doubt body killing. If Smith were to go into next season with Wesley or Davis we would see a burnt out Watkins in no time at all. You add Tammy to the squad and Smith has a player he can call upon off the bench to start games so Watkins can rest, or the other way round, it also changes us tactically.

There are many ways to look at this but something has to be done before season starts, we need a striker.

Edited by Dave-R

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If Abrahams and Tuanzabe are Smith’s idea of how we will progress to the next level then says it all about his limitations as a manager.

Go to bed, wake up and pretend this comment was never made 😂

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If Abrahams and Tuanzabe are Smith’s idea of how we will progress to the next level then says it all about his limitations as a manager.

For starters, Smith doesn’t solely set the transfer criteria, in fact, given we have Lange etc I’d say his input is relatively minimal.

Secondly……actually F it, that’ll do.

What a joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I agree with this (although Buendia is the Barkley upgrade). We should keep Wes as he offers something different in an aerial threat, presence and hold up play that Tammy and Watkins don't. It also allows us more flexibility such as going 2 up top. 

Tammy scores headers, he's good with his head to Ball, you don't need Wesley for Aerial. I don't think Wesley has anything that Watkins or Tammy doesn't have unfortunately.

Edited by Dave-R

No thanks to Tuanzabe. He is not going to offer much apart from keeping the bench warm. Can't see him wanting to move from the Utd bench to the Villa bench. 

2 hours ago, Awol said:

Agree with almost all of that, but if JWP joined he’d be our best CM by a distance and play every game - imho. 

I agree with that too, I was merely trying to illustrate the point that we could swap personnel and still not significantly weaken the squad by playing different systems.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Tammy scores headers, he's good with his head to Ball, you don't need Wesley for Aerial. I don't think Wesley has anything that Watkins or Tammy doesn't have unfortunately.

Is Taamy his cheaper non-union cousin?

I still think we should buy Bruno Guimares from Lyon and partner him with Douglas Luiz as our midfield two 

They've been playing together in the Olympics like that and think it would solve our DMC issues. 

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

I remember Deano getting slated by the boo boys whenever we drew or lost a match about his lack of substitutions or changing "tactics" in those matches.  The truth is that it doesn't matter if Deano, Mourinho, Pep, or Fergie himself was managing this team, we weren't going to have impact subs with the pathetic bench we had last season.  I'm now seeing some of the same people turning down the idea of Tuanzebe (as 4th choice CB) and Abraham (as a backup striker) or the idea of JWP (because he isn't a brick shithouse DM).  If we pull all these signings off, we've strengthened considerably to when we fell off on the back half of the season.  

Deano will now have the squad strong enough to play a variety of systems to deal with injuries as well as change the shape or have impact subs off the bench.  We'd arguably have a stronger side than we did in 07-08 when we last made a run for the Champions League.

433: Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, McGinn, Douglas Luiz, Sanson, Buendia, Watkins, Grealish

4231:  Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Ward Prowse, Douglas Luiz, Bailey, Buendia, Grealish, Watkins

442: Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Bailey, Ward Prowse, McGinn, Grealish, Watkins, Abraham

532: Martinez, Guilbert, Konsa, Mings, Hause, Young, Ward Prowse, McGinn, Grealish, Watkins, Abraham

Grealish in every lineup…

#KMitchITK

23 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

SSN reporting that we want Abraham and Tuanzebe on loan. If that’s the case it doesn’t sound like we’d be relying on selling Grealish.

id thought it would be loan for axel and buy  tammy

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

I remember Deano getting slated by the boo boys whenever we drew or lost a match about his lack of substitutions or changing "tactics" in those matches.  The truth is that it doesn't matter if Deano, Mourinho, Pep, or Fergie himself was managing this team, we weren't going to have impact subs with the pathetic bench we had last season.  I'm now seeing some of the same people turning down the idea of Tuanzebe (as 4th choice CB) and Abraham (as a backup striker) or the idea of JWP (because he isn't a brick shithouse DM).  If we pull all these signings off, we've strengthened considerably to when we fell off on the back half of the season.  

Deano will now have the squad strong enough to play a variety of systems to deal with injuries as well as change the shape or have impact subs off the bench.  We'd arguably have a stronger side than we did in 07-08 when we last made a run for the Champions League.

433: Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, McGinn, Douglas Luiz, Sanson, Buendia, Watkins, Grealish

4231:  Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Ward Prowse, Douglas Luiz, Bailey, Buendia, Grealish, Watkins

442: Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Bailey, Ward Prowse, McGinn, Grealish, Watkins, Abraham

532: Martinez, Guilbert, Konsa, Mings, Hause, Young, Ward Prowse, McGinn, Grealish, Watkins, Abraham

Why does this get so many likes yet I've been saying it for nearly 100 pages In the Tammy thread. Sure i may not have set out my posts as good as this but I explained it in great detail, ask Kiwi lol.

I'm lost for words right now, it's time for me to

*Throw self over Cliff*

Glad someone got through to this lot at last 😂

Well done KMitch I will call on you next time I need to explain something to this lot lol.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Why does this get so many likes yet I've been saying it for nearly 100 pages In the Tammy thread. Sure i may not have set out my posts as good as this but I explained it in great detail, ask Kiwi lol.

I'm lost for words right now, it's time for me to

*Throw self over Cliff*

Glad someone got through to this lot at last 😂

Well done KMitch I will call on you next time I need to explain something to this lot lol.

It's because you posted it in the Tammy thread.  Most of us have avoided that warzone for weeks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Unbelievable. I can’t believe what people write in here.
Hmmn two players that are young and have massive potential, who the last year were on the verge of breaking into Chelsea and Man U’s first 11 would be no use to us. We ain’t Barcelona of ten years ago. 

I would be worried about Tuanzebe and his injuries, though. 

• Like 1