Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Lingard could be an interesting proposition, if we got the lingard that West Ham got and not the lingard that’s been happy playing second (or even third / fourth) fiddle at United for 5+ years.

Whoever we sign I have faith in the club that they’re the right call, the transfer success rate under the new setup here has been highly positive so far.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Would be terrible value for money to spend the Grealish money on players from other PL-teams.

Look abroad and think long term. IF there are deals to be had in the PL then by all means go for it but don't go spend over the odds for the likes of Tammy, JWP or Lingard just becuase we have money and have to show ambition now if Grealish is sold.

Damsgaard, David, Brandt and so on makes so much more sense.

Agreed.

But even better than that we need Rob MacKenzie to find the next Kante

5 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

If we spend 30-40m of the Grealish money on Tammy Abraham I will be absolutely fuming. Assume this was just some ploy to get Jack to change his mind.

I'm sure I saw Tammy was a potential loan deal

If Grealish isn't here then it's going to be interesting to see what Dean Smith's preferred formation is going to be.

We know we don't have enough central defenders to go three at the back so in almost all situations it'll be a back 4 that picks itself.

We don't have the striking depth to play with more one Striker so can't see us playing a more traditional 4-4-2 except for some late game situations.

The obvious choices are 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1. I think the plan with Grealish playing would have been for him to play in that free role behind the Striker.

Now Smith is at a pivot point where he could decide on a particular formation with his remaining transfers, or perhaps he will emphasise fluidity/versatility above all.

Whilst this is a sad time for us fans for obvious reasons, it's a very intriguing one too.

One thing is for certain though, we are not done in the market this window.

• Like 3

I think the management team would have known that Grralish leaving was a possibility and have a plan in place to deal with this. No doubt Buendia will add creativity and Bailey will add pace and some direct running. The question is, how do we set up? And do we play two strikers or do we play a 10? Realistically I'd like to see this team by the time the window closes. 

Emi

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

JWP

Bailey McGinn Cantwell Buendia 

Wartkins

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

I think the management team would have known that Grralish leaving was a possibility and have a plan in place to deal with this. No doubt Buendia will add creativity and Bailey will add pace and some direct running. The question is, how do we set up? And do we play two strikers or do we play a 10? Realistically I'd like to see this team by the time the window closes. 

Emi

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

JWP

Bailey McGinn Cantwell Buendia 

Wartkins

tenor.gif

• Haha 4

Just now, Villastine said:

Maddison, if available, would be a great signing for us. It's probably paper talk, cannot see why Leicester would sell him. 

Hopefully as a professional it wouldn't matter but he seems to have the typical Coventry fan chip on his shoulder about Villa and even stated he loves scoring against Villa as he's a Coventry lad.

It's a weird dislike that they have. Excellent player, mind you.

Whilst we're throwing names out there... there was a tenuous link to Thomas Lemar the other day and the more I think about it, while it would be extremely unlikely, the more I like it.

17 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Mikkel Damsgaard, anyone?

Is he really that good (I have no idea btw)? Or are people getting overexcited after a few good performances at the Euros. Only 2 goals and 5 assists last season… only 21 and must have high potential. But we really need players that can make an impact and consistent/reliable contribution…

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Is he really that good (I have no idea btw)? Or are people getting overexcited after a few good performances at the Euros. Only 2 goals and 5 assists last season… only 21 and must have high potential. But we really need players that can make an impact and consistent/reliable contribution…

I'll defer to folks with more knowledge of Serie A. I thought he was highly regarded, even before the Euros. 

If Jack is really off… I hope we don’t blow our budget and overpay for British based “names”… we genuinely need to improve and upgrade the team as a whole and strike good deals where we can. Would hate for us to waste funds…

• Like 2