Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Buendia, Young and Bailey in, if we add JWP, good CB and GK cover and Jack's stays, I'd be fairly happy with this window.

🙄

I see one problem with this……………

where the hell are we going to find decent GK cover? 

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Steer is no worse than a lot of teams GK cover including top teams. See Liverpool 7-2

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Steer is no worse than a lot of teams GK cover including top teams. See Liverpool 7-2

Yh, I'm not nruling out Steer as no2 and Sinisalo as back up. To provide high level backup to Emi would probably cost more then what we paid for Emi.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yh, I'm not nruling out Steer as no2 and Sinisalo as back up. To provide high level backup to Emi would probably cost more then what we paid for Emi.

Interestingly I think Cutler wants another development project behind Emi, but someone further along than Sinisalo. The Oxford manager confirmed they rejected a bid from us last month so I don't see us targeting an established or high profile keeper.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Interestingly I think Cutler wants another development project behind Emi, but someone further along than Sinisalo. The Oxford manager confirmed they rejected a bid from us last month so I don't see us targeting an established or high profile keeper.

4 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

I would like to get an GK in to be second or third choice so we could let Sinisalo out on a years loan.

Names? Who is achievable that would be willing to be no2 because Emi is practically untouchable. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Names? Who is achievable that would be willing to be no2 because Emi is practically untouchable. 

Jack Stephens is the Oxford keeper I believe.

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

IMO if Grealish goes even with Bailey and Buendia coming in we still need another wide forward and to sell AEG.

IMO we still need a full blooded defensive midfielder and not IMO but fact we need a centre back.

IMO as Davis is injured for a few months and Wesley is still unknown a striker should be higher on the list of priorities now.

IMO our midfielders are all good but I don’t think the balance is there at all. Maybe an out and out DCM fixes that, maybe it just improves the current situation but we need to be thinking seriously what Luis, McGinn and Sanson’s role is in the team and make some ‘difficult’ decision on them.

Unfortunately it isn’t football manager, if you can improve even 4 of your squad each season then you are doing well. And the 2 (3) we have signed are major upgrades.

Villa are obviously ambitious and I agree now is the time to strike, with or without  Jack.

Its a weird situation at the moment that If we only sign Bailey, Buendia, Young and I think we will definately sign someone else I could be disappointed.

If we get another 3 in of the quality of Buendia and Bailey we I’ll obviously be delighted. 

A centre back is priority for me, hopefully a top prospect who can stand in for Mings and Konsa. It is now where we are weakest in my option.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Unfortunately it isn’t football manager, if you can improve even 4 of your squad each season then you are doing well. And the 2 (3) we have signed are major upgrades.

Thank you

• Like 1

Just now, Nicho said:

Villa are obviously ambitious and I agree now is the time to strike, with or without  Jack.

Its a weird situation at the moment that If we only sign Bailey, Buendia, Young and I think we will definately sign someone else I could be disappointed.

If we get another 3 in of the quality of Buendia and Bailey we I’ll obviously be delighted. 

A centre back is priority for me, hopefully a top prospect who can stand in for Mings and Konsa. It is now where we are weakest in my option.

you seen our central midfield?

id even put back up striker before CB, CB to me is where we can now have a play, we can go in to FM mode and try and snap up the next konsa wherever he's coming from, 20 year old with bags of potential and a bit of excitement about him...thats not tuanzebe on loan...

the links that we have at the moment, tuanzebe, abraham, JWP, cantwell, i think they're all ok but not knicker wetting stuff, fairly easy safe scouting IMO and id like something more, especially for the back up / development players, i still hope we sign alvarez and that he's a diamond

Would be terrible value for money to spend the Grealish money on players from other PL-teams.

Look abroad and think long term. IF there are deals to be had in the PL then by all means go for it but don't go spend over the odds for the likes of Tammy, JWP or Lingard just becuase we have money and have to show ambition now if Grealish is sold.

Damsgaard, David, Brandt and so on makes so much more sense.

• Like 3