Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Who in their right mind will pay 12M for Wes? I think we would be lucky to get 5M for him sadly. 

Well that's just mean.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

3 different leg related injuries that made him unavailable for 47 games in 2 seasons but fond memories so average Joe Villa fan wants him back and people complain about signings to get us into Europe spot. Nostalgia over common sense

Yes, those are fair points re his injuries, clearly it wouldn't be without risk. I'm not sure I think it would be a good idea, and I'm not recommending him, I'm just saying I think focusing on his absolute worst game is a bit harsh.

One thing that is true, though, is that managers often like to work with particular players because they trust them and feel comfortable with them, and possibly that is the case here.

1 minute ago, Wes said:

Well that's just mean.

Unfortunately true though.

No one has seen anything of him, no game time well positive game time apart from nearly smashing a stoke player up other day, surely that's worth 30 mill alone 😂

Do you guys think that Wesley will now be feared after his outburst and that some would think twice about even going anywhere near him?

There is the other side to that as well I spose where Wesley is riled up so much by defenders he earns more reds than Deadpool earns kills.

Edited by Dave-R

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

3 different leg related injuries that made him unavailable for 47 games in 2 seasons but fond memories so average Joe Villa fan wants him back and people complain about signings to get us into Europe spot. Nostalgia over common sense

How dare you.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

If they came in did a job then we should always be on the look out for a good little deal that's cheap as hell. As long as they were worth the risk of bringing in and that the player could take a part and when called upon did ace or the best he could, I don't see a problem with it.

They all hopefully do the best they can, but if they are just not good enough it is only a waste of money. Also you want your back up to be available when required, Tuanzebe's injury record is not good.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Unreal, I'd get rid of Davis at the first opportunity, never gonna happen for him.

Agree with you! Problem is he would probably get injured having his medical. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

Agree with you! Problem is he would probably get injured having his medical. 

Yeah Davis has to be done, no way can Smith move into the new season with Davis and Wesley as backups, it's asking for trouble.

Better to gamble on Young and Barry instead as backups than Wesley and Davis and is not mind that one bit if no Tammy or Alvarez or another striker does not happen.

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The links to Tuanzebe and Tammy just scream lazy reporting. 

And yet they're coming from one of the more reliable journalists...

What is it with peoples obsession with Tuanzebe? Since 2016 he has played 4, 1, 5 , 28, 5, 9 games in topflight. with the 5 and 28 for Aston Villa in the Championship. He is clearly not good enough and injury prone

Stay away...

• Like 2

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148868xy7n7tas8186q3v8p

still don’t mean it’s not lazy 

Lazy implies it is made up, an easy quick fix for a story to print. That would makev sense if the link came from The Sun or Football Insider, but it's coming from someone who's known for not making stuff up. That's all I was saying, that it seems likely there's some real interst there. Of course, our scouts could just be lazy and have turned to Jacks mates as options.

10 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

What is it with peoples obsession with Tuanzebe? Since 2016 he has played 4, 1, 5 , 28, 5, 9 games in topflight. with the 5 and 28 for Aston Villa in the Championship. He is clearly not good enough and injury prone

Stay away...

There are a few pros to signing him, Dean knows his character, we don't need someone to play every week, he is versatile, will be cheap.

• Like 2