Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

44 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Palace are still a sinking ship. Living off their London location alone. 

They have plenty of attacking quality now. If they had a 20 goal a season striker they'd be guaranteed midtable. Viera is a wild card though. 

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I think Olise is a fantastic talent. But he doesn't have the versatility ESR has. ESR can play in any of the 3 positions behind the striker, Oliver basically only plays in the centre.

The other thing is ESR has shown he can play at Premier league level, Oliver has yet to do this, and would need an adjustment period. 

The final thing us Olise is French, and Viera is the new Palace manager. So I'm sure that would have helped him make this decision.

There are many talented players and we can't have them all. 

Says who?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, picicata said:

I like Olise but I would say that Chuk plays in very similar area of the pitch and in a pretty similar style. I feel we're hedging ourbets on Chuk coming good 👍

This.

Plus, if we do actually sign Smith Rowe we wouldn't need Olise anyway, even without Chukwuemeka being in the squad.

14 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

But we couldn’t sign Abraham then - you’ll have to take your new shirt back and get it reprinted 😉

Worth every penny!

Anyway, I can keep that, frame it and buy a Messi shirt 🥳🥳🥳

853A1BC3-3F11-42CD-82CB-CD8D7CCA00E0.jpeg

Haven't looked over last few pages to see if he's been mentioned but that Luiz Diaz guy for Colombia looks pretty decent and one we should be targeting. 24 and scored good goals v Argentina and Brazil and generally looked good. Can play on the left or as CF so surely got to be on our radar as we need a forward player like that.

No idea who he's been linked to but Porto would sell for 25-30m you'd suspect and would be pretty annoying if someone like Wolves signed him if there's a Mendes link.

Edited by VillaChris

21 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Selling their best players? 

Clever for Brighton, perhaps. Definitely not a model we should be looking at with envy. 

Won't be so clever if they end up getting relegated next year.  If they can do that and do a Leicester then they might be considered clever, but this will be all about clever recruitment and coaching and not so much clever selling.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

They have plenty of attacking quality now. If they had a 20 goal a season striker they'd be guaranteed midtable. Viera is a wild card though. 

Only Zaha really. Andros Townsend has done nothing for years and already semi retired with him being on Talksport a few times a week. Eze pretty good but out until 2022, Benteke decent last season but still miles off what he was here. Batsuyahi they had on loan and he didn't do much in the end. Have I missed out on anyone?

21 hours ago, sne said:

Tim Iroegbunam, there's another one to our long list of guys who will be a headache for the poor sods putting the names at the back of the jerseys in the fan shop.

Should be "Tim" on the back of his shirt.

He must have got his surname of the back of a Wifi password card!😉

• Haha 2

Just now, barry'sboots said:

Won't be so clever if they end up getting relegated next year.  If they can do that and do a Leicester then they might be considered clever, but this will be all about clever recruitment and coaching and not so much clever selling.

They can afford to move on Ben White if Arsenal are really going to put 50m on the table. Lewis Dunk their captain and have Webster and others that can play as CB or in back 3. Bissouma would be a bigger loss but again they signed an Ecuadorian in January who's pretty decent and will probably be involved at start of the season along with the new signing.

There is a lot of talk about DS wanting to buy players early so that they can get used to our playing style etc,but so far we have only bought 1 first team player ( A.Young was not bought ) so when exactly are all these early signings going to start getting bought ?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

There is a lot of talk about DS wanting to buy players early so that they can get used to our playing style etc,but so far we have only bought 1 first team player ( A.Young was not bought ) so when exactly are all these early signings going to start getting bought ?!

I’ve wondered exactly this. I do count Young but I would have expected another by now. Not particularly bothered, nobody seems to be doing that much in the market and we got our number 1 target but yes, thought we’d get 3 in by before our first pre season game, so still time.