Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

There is a lot of talk about DS wanting to buy players early so that they can get used to our playing style etc,but so far we have only bought 1 first team player ( A.Young was not bought ) so when exactly are all these early signings going to start getting bought ?!

I think that's a bit of a stretch - it's just about bringing players in as early as possible.  Doesn't matter if they've had a transfer fee attached or not.

Literally EVERY Club and manager would prefer to have their signings in early, for the reasons mentioned, doesn't mean it can, or will happen. lol

Man U tried to sign Sancho for two years.

To be fair, sometimes, it's even difficult to sign top players on Football Manager FIFA!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

There is a lot of talk about DS wanting to buy players early so that they can get used to our playing style etc,but so far we have only bought 1 first team player ( A.Young was not bought ) so when exactly are all these early signings going to start getting bought ?!

Signing 1 (or 3) - Tuesday 20th July

Signing 2 (or 4) - Thursday 29th July

Edited by Craigy1874

Signing two first-team players already is more than most sides have managed to be fair, as well as this Villa are quite demonstrably have been trying to get another one done ASAP in ESR so I don't think the claim can really be questioned too much.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think that's a bit of a stretch - it's just about bringing players in as early as possible.  Doesn't matter if they've had a transfer fee attached or not.

If thats the case,then we are well on target because we have bought 3/4 young players in that will definately not make the first team this term.

Aston Villa are set to sign highly-rated teenage star Tim Iroegbunam, West Bromwich Albion's academy player of the year.

The midfielder, from Great Barr, has been at Albion since under-8s while, last season, he was promoted to the first-team for West Brom's final match of the season against Leeds United at Elland Road.

Iroegbunam was fast-tracked to the under-23s last term and made 40 appearances in total, scoring four and assisting four while helping Albion to the FA Youth Cup semi-final before playing the full 90 minutes in the defeat to Villa at Villa Park.

Brum Mail fwiw

44 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Only Zaha really. Andros Townsend has done nothing for years and already semi retired with him being on Talksport a few times a week. Eze pretty good but out until 2022, Benteke decent last season but still miles off what he was here. Batsuyahi they had on loan and he didn't do much in the end. Have I missed out on anyone?

Is Conor Wickham still at the club 😂

22 hours ago, sne said:

Tim Iroegbunam, there's another one to our long list of guys who will be a headache for the poor sods putting the names at the back of the jerseys in the fan shop.

But 10 letters. Kerching. 

money pay GIF by Static & Ben El

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oh wow, is that real? 

Yeah, Messi was a boyhood Villa fan and walked around in that shirt.  Think he was 6 years old at the time when that photo was taken, just looks a bit old for his age (and went through puberty early). 

It's amazing how he's been able to look the same for almost 30 years isnt it?  that's what money does for you!

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah, Messi was a boyhood Villa fan and walked around in that shirt.  Think he was 6 years old at the time when that photo was taken, just looks a bit old for his age (and went through puberty early). 

It's amazing how he's been able to look the same for almost 30 years isnt it?  that's what money does for you!

Funny thing is, this is exactly the opposite to what he went through as a child, where he had a hormone growth deficiency. Barca had to shell out for his treatment when he signed for them as a kid. 

(Good gag though fella 🤣)

Edited by Steero113

9 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Funny thing is, this is exactly the opposite to what he went through as a child, where he had a hormone growth deficiency. Barca had to shell out for his treatment when he signed for them as a kid. 

(Good gag though fella 🤣)

Yeah I remember seeing that in some documentary years ago.

Lets pretend he also wore a Villa shirt during that period.  They wanted him to wear a Barca shirt but he clung to his Villa shirt like a security blanket. 🤪

23 hours ago, TRO said:

......By the description of Tim Iroegbunam, he is my kind of player, been waiting for such a player in our academy.

Sounds really promising ,if he signs for us.

Difficult to determine from the articles.  I read somewhere that he is a central midfielder that is a tough tackler and is also capable of playing as a DCM, so reads like an 8 that can play 6?  I understand that you want a proper 6??