Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

20 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Given your reputation regarding young players I'll take that as affirmation that my views are correct. 

Phil Foden being overrated and Phil Foden not being good are 2 very different things. He's easily one of the best English prospects of this generation and that's saying something. Just cos he's not at a KDB level doesn't mean he's not exceptionally good. He'd absolutely stroll into our starting XI and a lot of the teams above us nevermind bottom half teams. 

• Like 2

Just now, skarroki said:

Phil Foden being overrated and Phil Foden not being good are 2 very different things. He's easily one of the best English prospects of this generation and that's saying something. Just cos he's not at a KDB level doesn't mean he's not exceptionally good. He'd absolutely stroll into our starting XI and a lot of the teams above us nevermind bottom half teams. 

I'd have him here in a heartbeat...

Jack    Emi    Foden

Awesome 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Raw appearances mean nothing. Look at starts, look at minutes played. He played in less than half of their available minutes, 21 games worth out of 50. 18 starts in those 50 games. 

He played 36 minutes short of half the entire minutes available in the Bundesliga for Dortmund last season.  He started 50% of matches.  That isn't "barely playing".

• Thanks 1

How about… 

GK - Gazzaniga (free)

CB - erm…. 🤷‍♂️ (previously mentioned - Andersen, Tuanzebe, Luyindama, Adarobioyo… there are plenty of other options out there)

DM (+ CB) - Boubacar Kamara, Sarr the understudy

FW - Alvarez

AM - De Arrascaeta/Kamada….ESR? (the previous excite me a lot more)

If we still want a CF - Nmecha?

I don’t expect this at all, but it’s good to dream 😆

Would have to shift a few players out too. Apart from the obvious (Conor), the prime candidate is Davis. Ramsey out on loan.

If they fancy it and we can afford it, sure JWP and even Tammy can come along for the ride 🤣

Milinkovic-Savic is more than welcome if we are really going crazy too 🤣

21 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

If we finished the transfer period with:

Buendia

Young

ESR

Pape Sarr

Alvarez

A cheap young CB

Whats the optimism gauge?

Title challengers.

No, I'm not joking. If Buendia is as good as we expect him to be, that front 3 with Grealish and Watkins can challenge any other attack in the league. Then you add El Ghazi's goal rate and Traore's magic and Alvarez who can play as a winger and crucially cover as a striker, we'd be spoilt for choice.

Our defence was one of the best in the league last season and we only really need to bring on good backups here which we should be doing in this scenario.

Midfield was always the big question mark. I don't think any of our CMs are good enough for us right now for where we want to be. But Sarr and ESR are one of the top prospects in the entire world at their ages, and even if they're still not exactly good enough for next season, the future certainly looks bright for our midfield especially if we include Carney and Luiz into that group.

7 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Is he overrated?  He seems to be on a remarkable trajectory and plays with incredible composure for someone so young at the level he's at.  I think the praise he's gotten (which, if anything, has been a bit subdued IMO) is absolutely warranted.

Who we could/should still sell (already let a few go):

Kalinic

Hourihane

Nakamba

Davis (or loan)

Purely for his raised value, a good opportunity to sell El Ghazi and boost the transfer kitty. But also a great option to have in the squad and to grab goals. He could improve further…

Loan:

Ramsey (and let Carney take his place)

Beyond the first team, we should loan out a couple of youngsters such as Barry (if not going to be involved in match day squad or not deemed ready), Brad Young, Chrisene, Raikhy…

Whats Vassilev’s status? Should probably let him go…

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Pep says he’s the best young player he’s ever coached, don’t listen to me, listen to him

Pep has a reputation for hyping up young players. He coached a player who was top 3 in the world at 21. And pep claims Foden is the best. What a ridiculous claim. 

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He played 36 minutes short of half the entire minutes available in the Bundesliga for Dortmund last season.  He started 50% of matches.  That isn't "barely playing".

Because that is definitely Dortmunds most important competition. Definitely not like they also progressed far in the CL. 

4 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

The deification of Pep is weird isn’t it? He plays the same tricks and has a lot of the same blind spots as other coaches. It helps when you’re consistently given the best players and the most money, though.

I used to like him but he’s changed, just comes across as overly sensitive and disingenuous. Bit fake and a liar…

I guess it’s what the pressure and stress of high level management and competition can do to you.

I remember an interview with Vialli, after he’d managed Chelsea, and he himself stated that “it brings out the worst in you”.

Still admire his work and haven’t got a huge problem with him. He’s levels above shite like Mourinho, he’s just not as likeable as he once was…

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Pep has a reputation for hyping up young players. He coached a player who was top 3 in the world at 21. And pep claims Foden is the best. What a ridiculous claim. 

Why is it a ridiculous claim?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was a fantastic player and is one of the best coaches in the world. We should respect his views 

He was and he is but I don’t trust the guy… he’s lost his “sheen”…

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was a fantastic player and is one of the best coaches in the world. We should respect his views 

You can respect his opinion on everything but his own players. He things John stones is better than laporte who I think is pretty much a consensus top 10 cb in world football atm. Probably top 5 with Ramos and VVDs injuries. 

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why is it a ridiculous claim?

Because Foden is an average at best Premier league starter and I think that is generous. I'd definitely have Traore over him if you ignore age.

Messi was probably the 2nd best player in world football at the time pep first coached him (and he would have known him as he coached barca B from when Messi was 17). Its a **** ridiculous claim. 

• Haha 1