Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

13 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Brandt doesn't play. They have Reus, and Formerly sancho now Malen in the 2 behind the striker and they play with a flat midfield Brandt is apparently available for 40 million and he'd be a fantastic signing imo. 

What do you mean Brandt doesn't play? Of course he does. He played 31 out of 34 league games for them last season. 8 CL games out of a possible 10. He's central to their style and a brilliant player for them.

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’s awesome, he was outstanding in the 2020 Carabao Cup Final. He ran the show that day, it’s hard to believe he’s only 21, it feels like he’s been around for ages 

Given your reputation regarding young players I'll take that as affirmation that my views are correct. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

What do you mean Brandt doesn't play? Of course he does. He played 31 out of 34 league games for them last season. 8 CL games out of a possible 10. He's central to their style and a brilliant player for them.

He played fewer minutes for them in the bundesliga than el ghazi did for us. He barely plays and when he does it's because of an injury concern to Reus. 

He had 18 total starts last season in what must be over 50 possible games. That is not playing for someone. And he only had that many games because Thorgan Hazard missed half the season through a torn Thigh muscle. 

Edited by MotoMkali

8 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

If we finished the transfer period with:

Buendia

Young

ESR

Pape Sarr

Alvarez

A cheap young CB

Whats the optimism gauge?

ONE MILLION BILLION TRILLION ZILLION.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He played fewer minutes for them in the bundesliga than el ghazi did for us. He barely plays and when he does it's because of an injury concern to Reus. 

He had 18 total starts last season in what must be over 50 possible games. That is not playing for someone. And he only had that many games because Thorgan Hazard missed half the season through a torn Thigh muscle. 

Playing in 45 games across all competitions in one season "is not playing for someone". I've heard it all now. You're just talking pure tosh mate.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Playing in 45 games across all competitions in on season "is not playing for someone". I've heard it all now. You're just talking pure tosh mate.

27 sub appearances. He had barely any game time. Dortmund fans say he barely plays. 10 minutes at the end of a game isn't really what I would classify as meaningful game time. Which is what he mostly gets. 

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

I wouldn't rule us out of signing anyone at present, ( within reason).....I think the word has got around in football circles, that we have serious owners, who are putting their money, behind very competent staff.

Yep, loads of time left. It takes time to complete deals, we won’t be able to bring in everyone so soon… it’s always easier said that’s done. Pleasant surprises in store I hope…

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

If we finished the transfer period with:

Buendia

Young

ESR

Pape Sarr

Alvarez

A cheap young CB

Whats the optimism gauge?

Really low, what’s the point without Tammy 😜

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

After last night's semi final I want Lange to set his filters to search exclusively for Spanish and Italian players. The technically ability shown in that game was different gravy!

(South Americans too)

Eddie Murphy Oscars GIF by PBS SoCal

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep, loads of time left. It takes time to complete deals, we won’t be able to bring in everyone so soon… it’s always easier said that’s done. Pleasant surprises in store I hope…

I think they have their eyes on doing some deals before others, in a priority, so the others in the pipeline are in a queue.

13 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Are you honestly suggesting that playing in 31 out of 34 Bundesliga games is "barely playing" for a team?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Playing in 45 games across all competitions in on season "is not playing for someone". I've heard it all now. You're just talking pure tosh mate.

27 sub appearances. He had barely any game time. Dortmund fans say he barely plays. 10 minutes at the end of a game isn't really what I would classify as meaningful game time. Which is what he mostly gets.

Playing about 1913 minutes out of a possible 4500 so near enough 40% of the available time. 

Just now, bobzy said:

Are you honestly suggesting that playing in 31 out of 34 Bundesliga games is "barely playing" for a team?

Raw appearances mean nothing. Look at starts, look at minutes played. He played in less than half of their available minutes, 21 games worth out of 50. 18 starts in those 50 games. 

21 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Given your reputation regarding young players I'll take that as affirmation that my views are correct. 

Pep says he’s the best young player he’s ever coached, don’t listen to me, listen to him

• Like 3