Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

14 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

What are the chances we can get someone like Andy Delort? Especially considering Montpellier's financial woes.

Zero chance.

Andy Delort is nowhere near the level required for Villa.

• Like 3

I think we could possibly see a lull in recruitment for a couple of weeks with the Euros getting going and other players going on holiday. I know we signed Emi B when he was in Argentina but we had our man Emi M as the club representative operating for us. Plus it may have happened quickly but I’d imagine a lot of the work had already been done. Phones and all other forms of communication will still be working of course but these guys have families and everyone needs a break from work occasionally, no matter how glamorous, exciting and well paid your job is. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Zero chance.

Andy Delort is nowhere near the level required for Villa.

Any players at the Euros we should keep an eye on and we could realistically sign?

They say its iffy signing players from tournaments......our league is 38 games.

We need consistency now.

as an example.....Jack has all the thrills and spills like some of the best players around......but he does it so often, is the key.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

They say its iffy signing players from tournaments......our league is 38 games.

We need consistency now.

as an example.....Jack has all the thrills and spills like some of the best players around......but he does it so often, is the key.

It’s iffy if you sign someone based on a one off game or two… but if you’ve had an eye on certain targets for a while and previously scouted them, seeing how they perform on the world/international stage could give you a greater insight and judgement…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

It’s iffy if you sign someone based on a one off game or two… but if you’ve had an eye on certain targets for a while and previously scouted them, seeing how they perform on the world/international stage could give you a greater insight and judgement…

Yeah, agree with that, instance.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

At almost 29 wouldn't he be a bit old to bring in to sit on the bench?

Oh, I didn’t bother checking. It’s usually a good account with good suggestions and accompanying vids. 

Yeah, move on…

I like the link @thabucks mentioned…

Vitaliy Mykolenko

22yr old LB for Dynamo Kiev

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, zab6359 said:

I completely agree with the sentiment we are building something and hopefully we will progress year on year, but I don't think for one minute players won't leave for percieved better opportunities looking 'happy together' means nothing in modern football, players have ambition. It's mooted Spurs was Ollies preferred destination last year but Levy wouldn't take a punt on him our gain at the end of the day, but if they came in hard with 50 mil bid and 150k a week package I think he'd be off. 

If they came in with that amount of money and that much of a weekly wage, just because they do does not mean we have to sell. Sure the player could wait his contract out and then decline but he's a professional like the many others and they get on with there job. The club does not have to sell because a club comes calling and this whole if a bigger club comes calling they will be off isn't the 90s anymore where the likes of Man UTD can go to a club 7 places down and demand they sell there best player for peanuts. Sure there's Europe and champions League football that can be offered but there is still such a thing as loyalty with some players or the fact they just enjoy where they are. Also if a club comes calling and they can offer Europeon football, a club such as ours which is moving up in the right direction, I'm not sure who would up and leave that to be thrown into the subs bench of aan already kitted out squad. Yes that is the part I think is easy looked past by people, that these so called bigger clubs can just pick a player from us, be off with him to Europe and the idea that he's somehow going to play much football. They will be bench boys warming the bench for most parts of a Europeon campaign, not to mention there first season they won't be stuck straight into the first team. Even Grealish wouldn't be a first teamer at the so called big 6, they'd have him as someone they could bring on as a sub and refresh there ranks with from time to time, he'd be wasted at Spurs, City, Liverpool, Chelsea UTD and most certainly at Arsenal. Not everything is about money to a player, sometimes it's about where they are and how they feel part of the show. But we do just have to enjoy our time with the players while we they are here because in reality every player is on a clock as to when they leave and what circumstances they leave under.

I also certainly feel as though any big club who come in, our Owners can match whatever they put on the table. I mean how high is an approaching club going to go to obtain one of our players and for me that's the part I think many don't realise is that our club just has to make the price seem to crazy that no club is willing to dream of paying that price. In the 90s, upto NSWE coming in, we would of been bullied rotten for our players. I know we don't see or hear who we've declined or how many clubs have tried a cheeky bid but I bet there have been many try already for some of our players. The thing that stands out now mthat we didn't or couldn't do is that we can decline offers because the club no longer needs the money like it once did, when you have Owners who have billions then you know they can afford to deline big clubs offers.

Look how we have obtained Buendia, if the details are right then Buendia chose us over Arsenal not because they are seen by the rest as a bigger club. Maybe, just Maybe Buendia came to look around, seen how professional the plans were and decided he wanted to be apart of a club that had a great set of player, some history, great feel and thought he could make a difference next season. Also have to take into account that he has a friend in Martinez. Going back to what I said above about some think of the right circumstances over money, it all actually speaks volumes that Buendia came to Villa to be near his friend also. I think it's easier to see in players these days and it's more easy to identify a player who thinks less of the money and more about the other circumstances surrounding his career and the moves he makes than it was back some ten or twenty years ago.

Times have changed again and with more clubs at the top having more rich Owners, I think and do believe it's much easier for Owners/clubs to keep hold of the players they want, all while telling clubs to piss off when they come calling for there best players.

• Like 1

Did you guy watch Takefuso Kubo's quadruple nutmeg goal, I so wished Smith would go try get him again.

Japan's Takefusa Kubo Scores Freak 'Quadruple Nutmeg' Goal Against Jamaica And It's Blowing People's Minds

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-reactions-take-a-bow-japans-takefusa-kubo-scores-rare-quadruple-nutmeg-goal-20210612

Edited by Dave-R

34 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Anyone get a good look at Zakaria (Switzerland) yesterday?

Would fit the bill for the sort of DM could do with…

Yeah but everytime I saw him it wasn't at DMC

He covered a bit of ground and popped up in multiple positions, including left wing at one point 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Did you guy watch Takefuso Kubo's quadruple nutmeg goal, I so wished Smith would go try get him again.

Japan's Takefusa Kubo Scores Freak 'Quadruple Nutmeg' Goal Against Jamaica And It's Blowing People's Minds

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-reactions-take-a-bow-japans-takefusa-kubo-scores-rare-quadruple-nutmeg-goal-20210612

🙄