Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

28 minutes ago, useless said:

That's not a correction, him and Young sometimes swap positions, but on the main Barry is on the left with Young through the middle, it's not as if Barry plays on the left in the first half of games and then through the middle in the second half like you imply.

Earlier in the season before Campton Sturridge's injury he was playing through the middle with Barry on the left. Barry also plays on the left for England.

If Barry plays for the first team anytime soon it's more likely to be as a wide forward than it is a centre-forward, even if his long term position will probably be as a central striker.

Yeah I think the plan is for him to be a goal scoring wide forward - like Salah, Messi, C Ronaldo - playing off a central workhorse. He’ll play central as well, but it seems like this is the plan.

Back in the old days he would have been the small, quick one in a front 2, paired up with a big target man, but times have changed.

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We are a bit full on wingers I guess  but like I said last summer, I'd like to see us look at Jens Petter Hauge. I still rate him.

Is he a player worth targeting ? Read multiple reports which said he is a LW then also read he is a striker … His name has been loosely linked as being a player we are interested in … Im guessing Lancs Live is on a par with BrumLive so no doubt BS…. 

Just now, thabucks said:

Is he a player worth targeting ? Read multiple reports which said he is a LW then also read he is a striker … His name has been loosely linked as being a player we are interested in … Im guessing Lancs Live is on a par with BrumLive so no doubt BS…. 

LW for sure. I just think he's good and he has something about him. Not sure why Milan didn't give him more time on the pitch. He started alright. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We are a bit full on wingers I guess  but like I said last summer, I'd like to see us look at Jens Petter Hauge. I still rate him.

I’ve seen another random link to a young Swedish LW called Karlsson, too. Doubt we’re in for either, but might suggest we’ve been scouting the position…

Edited by Awol

25 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

LW for sure. I just think he's good and he has something about him. Not sure why Milan didn't give him more time on the pitch. He started alright. 

He was competing with Ante Rebic and Hakan Calhanoglu for time at LW, easy choice that.

Hauge is still young and has time on his side.

11 minutes ago, Awol said:

I’ve seen another random link to a young Swedish LW called Karlsson, too. Doubt we’re in for either, but might suggest we’ve been scouting the position…

Jesper Karlsson? He's had a very good season for AZ but probably needs another season to be PL ready.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Just got a message from a mate from my days at OUFC who has given me a few random bits of info every now and then Villa related. He has said to watch Vitaliy Mykolenko which I guess is his way of saying he’s heard of interest perhaps… 

Thanks for sharing,

22, left back, looks to fit into our model on that basis.

Guessing your friend has been pretty solid with his info. in the past.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Just got a message from a mate from my days at OUFC who has given me a few random bits of info every now and then Villa related. He has said to watch Vitaliy Mykolenko which I guess is his way of saying he’s heard of interest perhaps… 

This is gonna happen. Fits the mould in terms of age, height, and potential.

He is 5'11 like Targett, an inch shorter than cash. 22 and highly rated. Good technique, defensively sound, and quick.

4 hours ago, useless said:

The academy players from the FAYC team most likely to go out on loan are Kesler, Aaron Ramsey, and Raikhy and Young if we can find them suitable clubs.

Then some of the olders ones like Bridge, Dominic Revan, Wright, Archer, Vassilev and maybe Jacob Ramsey depending on who else we sign, will probably be loaned out as well.

I think Chukwuemeka and Barry will stay as they will still be seventeen when the season starts, very rare for players to go out on loan at that age.

Philogene-Bidace i can see us keeping around and playing in the early rounds of the League Cup, and then reevaluating his situation in January.

The thing is with our youth set up now is the u18s that are good enough play for the u23s against much more experienced, and more physically developed players, thus negating the same need to play “mans” football. Chuk is already their physically and I believe he is ready to be integrated into the first team already. Could see it as maybe Barry going out on loan as he has all the skill but would be good to see how he stands up , physically, to the Championship. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I wonder if Martinelli would be attainable… Arsenal are in a right mess and Emi has a good relationship with him…

Decent player but needs to prove his fitness as would be a massive gamble

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Yeah I think the plan is for him to be a goal scoring wide forward - like Salah, Messi, C Ronaldo - playing off a central workhorse. He’ll play central as well, but it seems like this is the plan.

Back in the old days he would have been the small, quick one in a front 2, paired up with a big target man, but times have changed.

Yeah, he’s definitely more suited to the inside forward position.

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

We already have Emi Martinez in goal so not a position we need to fill.

Uğurcan Çakır (Turkey Keeper who plays for Trabzonspor) is a very good keeper.

Yeah, he's been linked to Liverpool and a bunch of top clubs during the last year.

• Like 1