Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

45 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

We already have Emi Martinez in goal so not a position we need to fill.

Uğurcan Çakır (Turkey Keeper who plays for Trabzonspor) is a very good keeper.

We were linked with him back in April by the Turkish press … 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

https://twitter.com/pgr_analytics/status/1403457101192646657?s=19

A whopping 47.5% pass accuracy from the keeper too. Given how good Martinez is with his feet I'm not sure he would fit in!

(P.S. how do I properly link a tweet so it shows here?)

Paste the link and then it should come with an option of paste as plain text (I’m using an iPhone and that’s what comes up for me)

32 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

A whopping 47.5% pass accuracy from the keeper too. Given how good Martinez is with his feet I'm not sure he would fit in!

It was like a look at me I can proper welly the ball really far

In a team that was sat deep

He was smashing it over everybody without a care in the world 

38 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

His passing accuracy in the Turkish league is much better. 59% compared to Martinez's 63% with us.

23 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Paste the link and then it should come with an option of paste as plain text (I’m using an iPhone and that’s what comes up for me)

Thanks 

Charlie Day Reaction GIF

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Just got a message from a mate from my days at OUFC who has given me a few random bits of info every now and then Villa related. He has said to watch Vitaliy Mykolenko which I guess is his way of saying he’s heard of interest perhaps… 

It's a nice out of the blue name, fits a position we're needing a replacement for, perfect age etc. 

I Can Dig It Don Cornelius GIF by Soul Train

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Doesn't make him a bad keeper just because of a mistake.

Yeah, I know that. I just thought it was funny he was getting props and then made an absolute bollocks of it. To be fair, Turkey were all awful tonight.

7 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

We already have Emi Martinez in goal so not a position we need to fill.

Do you know I thought to myself today: if Martinez has another stellar season, and is Argentina’s goalkeeper at the World Cup, someone like Real Madrid might throw a fortune at him. I have been thinking “here’s our goalkeeper for 7-8 years” but that’s not how it works - need to make sure we have a talent pathway and backup plans in place for all our stars even while trying to keep them.

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Do you know I thought to myself today: if Martinez has another stellar season, and is Argentina’s goalkeeper at the World Cup, someone like Real Madrid might throw a fortune at him. I have been thinking “here’s our goalkeeper for 7-8 years” but that’s not how it works - need to make sure we have a talent pathway and backup plans in place for all our stars even while trying to keep them.

If we keep improving, something tells me Emi might be reticent to accept anything but the #1 position at a huge club. Unlikely Real Madrid or equivalent will be able to offer him that.

Question for us will be, do we want the cash or do we want Emi Martinez?

4 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

If we keep improving, something tells me Emi might be reticent to accept anything but the #1 position at a huge club. Unlikely Real Madrid or equivalent will be able to offer him that.

Football is an ever changing landscape. It can also change quickly. What can look a perfect relationship this month can suddenly look a whole lot different next month, due to any amount of external factors. We have in Martinez a GK who I would think can now be classed as in the top 10 GKs in world football, and as such that’s going to mean there’ll be interest in him from football clubs with a considerably bigger standing in football than Aston Villa at the present time. As long as Emi is really happy at Villa and his form and fitness remain then it’s a no brainer to retain a GK of his undoubted quality over the money. But……it only takes a slight change to the dynamics to change this. If somebody like a Real Madrid or a Barcelona showed real interest then it wouldn’t be a surprise for that to interest Martinez, as we must remember that his time in the limelight has come late to him at 28yrs old and he’d likely want to maximise his remaining years to create memories and win silverware. Lets not forget that a little over a 18months ago he was not on anyone’s radar as he was throwing himself around in a Reading FC shirt! 
And then there’s the possibility that Villa unearth a young GK in the coming season or so who easily looks like he could be the No.1 for the next decade, at which point offers above £30-35m and above begin to look like really good, sensible business! So many possibilities in football. 
All that said, at this moment in time there’s not an offer coming that would tempt me to sell what is a top class Goalkeeper. 

21 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Football is an ever changing landscape. It can also change quickly. What can look a perfect relationship this month can suddenly look a whole lot different next month, due to any amount of external factors. We have in Martinez a GK who I would think can now be classed as in the top 10 GKs in world football, and as such that’s going to mean there’ll be interest in him from football clubs with a considerably bigger standing in football than Aston Villa at the present time. As long as Emi is really happy at Villa and his form and fitness remain then it’s a no brainer to retain a GK of his undoubted quality over the money. But……it only takes a slight change to the dynamics to change this. If somebody like a Real Madrid or a Barcelona showed real interest then it wouldn’t be a surprise for that to interest Martinez, as we must remember that his time in the limelight has come late to him at 28yrs old and he’d likely want to maximise his remaining years to create memories and win silverware. Lets not forget that a little over a 18months ago he was not on anyone’s radar as he was throwing himself around in a Reading FC shirt! 
And then there’s the possibility that Villa unearth a young GK in the coming season or so who easily looks like he could be the No.1 for the next decade, at which point offers above £30-35m and above begin to look like really good, sensible business! So many possibilities in football. 
All that said, at this moment in time there’s not an offer coming that would tempt me to sell what is a top class Goalkeeper. 

Yes, but no chance at £30-35m.   

£60m+ before we even print out the fax to read it.

• Like 1

Thing is, whether we do need the money (i believe we don't) doesn't really come in to it. If a player gets his head turned in the international dressing room by team mates who play for Barcelona or RM then they may want to leave for the big stage now rather than work Villa's way up to it in a few years. 

As Alan Shearer once said when quizzed about his move to Blackburn "every man has his price and they've just found mine "

6 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

See I’m saying “what if they do offer him that?” - because I think he’s that good. I’m not immediately worried about it - just saying my working assumption that he’s here for years and years may not work out if he improves further.

To your second point it depends how much cash eh… if Madrid want someone they usually get them.

Anyway this was a pure hypothetical that a couple of years down the line a monster club might come in for him so young goalkeeping prospects should still be in our mind.