Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Adarabioyo, plays for Fulham, great centre back 

Another one that the daily mail tried to shoot down when he bought his mom a house with his first man City contract 

Didn't get a sniff at city, I thought he was poor at baggies, OK at Fulham, there could be a surprisingly good deal in there, upgrading engels to him whilst spending around £3-5m nett but that'd be where I saw him 4th choice CB challenging Hause for minutes 

Adarabioyo is a no from me. I suppose he'd probably be more use than Engels and at 23 still has room for growth but I think the standard of team he's been playing for is around his level and I'm not sure we'll be throwing £10 million around this summer for a player like him at this stage of where we're at squad-wise. Stats are mediocre at best - generally worse than Tuanzebe's for what it's worth, despite playing in a side where he had more defending to do - and I can't see him realistically pushing Konsa or Mings at any stage. 

Adarabioyo if he continues he’s to progress could be a great replacement for Konsa … I’m not advocating selling our best players but reality is, it will happen. Leicester have been successful with this. Say bids come in for Konsa after another terrific season for £45-£50 million next summer - We would hopefully not feel his loss too much if  Adarabioyo continues his development and was ready to step into the void. We would have a ready made replacement with around £28mill profit (inc Tosin purchase price) to reinvest as and where required. I’m convinced this is our business model. Hence I really feel we should sign Adarabioyo . 

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin Oluwadoyinsolami Adarabioyo Or Tosin Adarabioyo for short … Available fir £10 mill and similar to konsa 

Gonna cost a fortune to get his name on a shirt! (and a biiig shirt)

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Adarabioyo is a no from me. I suppose he'd probably be more use than Engels and at 23 still has room for growth but I think the standard of team he's been playing for is around his level and I'm not sure we'll be throwing £10 million around this summer for a player like him at this stage of where we're at squad-wise. Stats are mediocre at best - generally worse than Tuanzebe's for what it's worth, despite playing in a side where he had more defending to do - and I can't see him realistically pushing Konsa or Mings at any stage. 

I don't think tuanzebe goes from 5th choice at utd to 4th choice at villa

But that's what he would be 

Tosin maybe does come in as 4th choice, hard to tell, he did play a fair bit last season 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think tuanzebe goes from 5th choice at utd to 4th choice at villa

But that's what he would be 

Tosin maybe does come in as 4th choice, hard to tell, he did play a fair bit last season 

Yeah, wasn't advocating that we should or will sign Tuanzebe (think he'd be a brilliant signing but is just unrealistic), just referencing him as an aside because it was alluded to previously that Adarabioyo is the better player when I'm not sure there's much to say that is the case.

9 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Don’t think his stats read too badly for a newly promoted/relegated team and his first full season of top flight football. Here’s there career stats. 
https://fbref.com/en/players/2baec6ce/scout/365_euro/Axel-Tuanzebe-Scouting-Report

Vs 

https://fbref.com/en/players/c81d773d/scout/365_euro/Tosin-Adarabioyo-Scouting-Report

Edited by thabucks

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Don’t think his stats read too badly for a newly promoted/relegated team and his first full season of top flight football. Here’s there career stats. 
https://fbref.com/en/players/2baec6ce/scout/365_euro/Axel-Tuanzebe-Scouting-Report

Vs 

https://fbref.com/en/players/c81d773d/scout/365_euro/Tosin-Adarabioyo-Scouting-Report

The defensive stats are barely even comparable though and as mentioned Adarabioyo has been playing for teams where you think he'd have more defending to do than Tuanzebe would for United,  yet he has considerably fewer of almost every single defensive action listed outside of successful pressure %, which in itself is probably only because Axel attempts so many more.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

As good as gone apparently! 

That makes it 4 years in a row. 

I also remember the same stuff they're doing with Chuk now when he was a teenager. 'Man Utd, Bayern and Liverpool monitoring the development of talented youngster Grealish'. 

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Hypothetically is JWP worth £30 million + more than Will Hughes is the question - Yes he is better,  but that much better? When you’ve got a finite budget you have to make best use of it and maybe they see Hughes a step worth taking for a season or two whilst Chucky & hopefully Sarr progress in the background. 

You don't have to be 3 times better to be worth 3 times the fee. It's that 1% edge that makes all the difference. And is worth huge amounts. 

8 hours ago, Houseoftomorrow said:

Aaronson is a really good young player who’s trying to carve out a role in the national team. I didn’t see him play at all in Austria this year, but I did watch him quite a bit in Philly. Really skilled on a ball, and reads the game well (off the ball movement, pulling defenders wide). Probably needs to work on his strength a little more, but he’s starting to show up with more assists and goals, which is encouraging. Personally, I think he’s a season or two from breaking out. He’s being overlooked a little because of players like Pulisic and Reyna, but he’s definitely got talent.

Dike is a little more difficult to break down because Barnsley deployed him as a battering ram in a very direct system. I’ve heard some people say his link up play is a little suspect, but he seemed fine against Costa Rica. The kid is physically ready, and he’s commanding in the air. He made a really smart run on his goal to get back onside and showed good composure to slot the ball into the near post. I didn’t watch him a lot at Orlando, so I’m intrigued to watch him play more.

Tyler Adams, the DM for the US (and RB Leipzig) is a player I’d love us to sign. Does a lot of the dirty work, covers a ton of ground, and is underrated going forward (doesn’t get a ton of goals or assists, but he cycles the ball well). He was recently linked to Arsenal and I wouldn’t mind around round of banter if we stole him.

The most remarkable thing about Aaronson at Salzburg (in addition to 7 goals and 5 assists in half a season) is the speed at which he adjusted. He asserted himself immediately and didn't look back. He benefitted from having strong players around him, but that will only increase his ability to take the next step up in my opinion. Also, he did things like this.

I agree with you with regard to Dike being used as a battering ram at Barnsley. I watched him quite a bit this past season with Orlando and he can ball. But we've also explored him pretty well on this thread, so I'll leave it at that.

Tyler Adams is an interesting one. I saw the link to Arsenal and thought the same thing, but if we're being honest, I don't see why he would leave Leipzig right now when everything is lining up for him to find further success there. With respect to what he brings to a team, I think we saw it this past week as soon as he entered the pitch against Mexico (only lack of fitness due to injury prevented him from starting): his ability to disrupt the opposing team's rhythm, break up play, and then transition into attack makes him arguably the most important player to the USMNT, including our more high-profile stars. He's the guy that lets them play. He's a terrier.

But here's the thing—RB Leipzig are a Top 4 team in the Bundesliga who, despite losing their manager to Bayern, are bringing in an up-and-coming manager that knows Tyler well from their time together in New York, knows what he can bring to the team, and will likely view him as a vital component in the Leipzig midfield going forward. Even more, one of the things that's probably prevented Adams from raising his profile more outside of the U.S. and Germany is the fact that his club and national output has been hampered a bit by injury. Now that he's rounding into form, I think the most important thing for him will be playing week in and week out for an entire season at Leipzig and for the USMNT. Once done, he's either going to be one of the core players at Leipzig or have better opportunities to consider than Arsenal. If I were an Arsenal fan, or if he came here, I'd be ecstatic, but I just don't see why he'd leave a good thing at Leipzig unless it were absolutely clear something outside of his own power was going to prevent him from playing week in and week out, and that certainly doesn't seem to be the case.

Edited by JamieZ
Typo.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

City will spend 130m on Kane. How on earth would they then be able to afford, assuming there is no buyout clause, another 130m on Jack? Especially as they're stacked in those wide positions. 

If they want him they will need to offload a few players. No way they will sell Foden, Stirling has to be a 50mil player so Jack suddenly becomes a 50 mil player if they sell Stirling, they can afford Kane and Jack. Will all come down to what Jack wants. I really think Jack will be our Le Tissier.

• Like 1

I'm happy getting cover for Konsa. There's no way we're selling him. I also don't believe selling improving younger players features anywhere in our planning.

• Like 2