Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Wouldn’t be so certain of that yet, Sanson may surprise everyone with a pre-season under his belt. 

It's possible. 2 from Luiz McGinn Sanson and possibility all 3 play and Traore bench. Don't think we're splashing out on a DM/CM as the 3 above are seen as first XI picks by coaching staff regardless of fan's opinions

43 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Homer Simpson Wow GIF by Justin

That article lost all credibility when it said Sanson was out of favour.

Stupid turdmonger cant get his facts straight.

• Like 1

Josh King on a free is definitely not the sort of deal you push to complete ASAP like we did with Buendia. He’s another last payday signing whoever he goes to and, unless it’s someone like Fernandinho, we should avoid those like the plague.

11 minutes ago, AJ said:

To be fair, that's not in the original Athletic article that HITC have ripped off. Adam Leventhal, the Athletic's Watford reporter, said in a round up of transfer news for Watford that they're trying to agree a new contract, but with one year left on his current deal, they may try to sell if he doesn't agree terms, and that we're interested if he's available. Nothing in it about our motivations, just we were one of the teams interested.

Honestly, I don't mind it, it seems to be similar to Sanson in that we might get someone we're keeping tabs on at a cut rate price. We don't have great depth, so Hughes for under £10m would be a good deal imo, he won't displace the current starters, but will be a decent option off the bench or when rotating players.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

The “Journalist” Danny Owen must be paid by the article as his output is crazy - 20nr so far today all on different clubs in different leagues, 6 in the last hour. This is totally made up bollox looking for clicks.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AJ said:

🤦‍♂️ They could give the lad a chance FFS before making crap up!

8 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

To be fair, that's not in the original Athletic article that HITC have ripped off. Adam Leventhal, the Athletic's Watford reporter, said in a round up of transfer news for Watford that they're trying to agree a new contract, but with one year left on his current deal, they may try to sell if he doesn't agree terms, and that we're interested if he's available. Nothing in it about our motivations, just we were one of the teams interested.

Honestly, I don't mind it, it seems to be similar to Sanson in that we might get someone we're keeping tabs on at a cut rate price. We don't have great depth, so Hughes for under £10m would be a good deal imo, he won't displace the current starters, but will be a decent option off the bench or when rotating players.

I don’t think he would be a good signing at all.

I would rather give one of the kids a run than Will Hughes. I hope to god we are trying harder than this?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's possible. 2 from Luiz McGinn Sanson and possibility all 3 play and Traore bench. Don't think we're splashing out on a DM/CM as the 3 above are seen as first XI picks by coaching staff regardless of fan's opinions

I think we’re going 4-3-3 and with current personnel they would be our first choices. But.. I also reckon the Sarr link is real (because it makes sense) and same for JWP (but also more complicated and harder to complete). With Ramsey out on loan that’s 6 players for 3 positions, plus Chuk. We’ll need that depth. 

I am getting annoyed with all these journos trying to trigger us with their clickbait of links with players we dont want.

From now on, I am only going to rely on the one source that produce credible links with integrity and honesty.

Villareport.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Awol said:

Sarr link is real (because it makes sense) and same for JWP (but also more complicated and harder to complete).

Sarr I could understand because of Mackenzie history with French leagues. JWP there is still nothing other than Paul Doyle article. No follow up on his Twitter account. No other source other than likes of Nursey saying Villa looking at JWP according to Doyle article. I have nothing against trying to sign JWP but he recently signed 5 year contract and no credible link bar original article and all sorts of hearsay ITK comments which happens every season with any link even if comes to nothing

1 hour ago, Awol said:

I think we’re going 4-3-3 and with current personnel they would be our first choices. But.. I also reckon the Sarr link is real (because it makes sense) and same for JWP (but also more complicated and harder to complete). With Ramsey out on loan that’s 6 players for 3 positions, plus Chuk. We’ll need that depth. 

Smith said Buendia can play as a 10 as a key point in his interview in regards to Buendia. I think it is clear we are going 4-2-3-1. I think we need a player more skilled than nakamba with his defensive qualities. If we are going 4-2-3-1.

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Smith said Buendia can play as a 10 as a key point in his interview in regards to Buendia. I think it is clear we are going 4-2-3-1. I think we need a player more skilled than nakamba with his defensive qualities. If we are going 4-2-3-1.

We can make 11 without Nakamba

McGinn Luiz

Traore Buendia Grealish

Watkins 

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

We can make 11 without Nakamba

McGinn Luiz

Traore Buendia Grealish

Watkins 

Yes. But I'm saying I don't think McGinn is good enough and we need an upgrade if we are playing 4-2-3-1 as we lose the midfield battle almost every game. And I think it is down to his impatience, Ill discipline and poor positional awareness.

Ideally whoever we sign is a similar quality defensively to nakamba but with far more attacking and creative prowess. 

10 hours ago, thabucks said:

Please can anyone of our American based fans provide insight into Brenden Aaronson… Just read that him & Dike excelled against Costa Rica, saw he moved to RB Salzburg beginning of this year. Looks a technically gifted player from obligatory YouTube vid

Yeah, I actually just happened to post on Other Football that the first club to pounce for him is going to make out well in the deal, as his profile is only going to grow larger in the coming year. In fact, I think an early bid (in the sense that he's only been in Europe for six months at Red Bull Salzburg) is one of the only ways I don't see him joining Jesse Marsch at RB Leipzig. I've been watching him since his Philly days and he's the real deal.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, thabucks said:

Please can anyone of our American based fans provide insight into Brenden Aaronson… Just read that him & Dike excelled against Costa Rica, saw he moved to RB Salzburg beginning of this year. Looks a technically gifted player from obligatory YouTube vid

Aaronson is a really good young player who’s trying to carve out a role in the national team. I didn’t see him play at all in Austria this year, but I did watch him quite a bit in Philly. Really skilled on a ball, and reads the game well (off the ball movement, pulling defenders wide). Probably needs to work on his strength a little more, but he’s starting to show up with more assists and goals, which is encouraging. Personally, I think he’s a season or two from breaking out. He’s being overlooked a little because of players like Pulisic and Reyna, but he’s definitely got talent.

Dike is a little more difficult to break down because Barnsley deployed him as a battering ram in a very direct system. I’ve heard some people say his link up play is a little suspect, but he seemed fine against Costa Rica. The kid is physically ready, and he’s commanding in the air. He made a really smart run on his goal to get back onside and showed good composure to slot the ball into the near post. I didn’t watch him a lot at Orlando, so I’m intrigued to watch him play more.

Tyler Adams, the DM for the US (and RB Leipzig) is a player I’d love us to sign. Does a lot of the dirty work, covers a ton of ground, and is underrated going forward (doesn’t get a ton of goals or assists, but he cycles the ball well). He was recently linked to Arsenal and I wouldn’t mind around round of banter if we stole him.

Edited by Houseoftomorrow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can’t see this happening at all. There’s absolutely no need for us to sign another CM especially one who isn’t really going to push our existing players. Another made up one I think, bloody Villa Report with that click bait 😉