Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

The academy players from the FAYC team most likely to go out on loan are Kesler, Aaron Ramsey, and Raikhy and Young if we can find them suitable clubs.

Then some of the olders ones like Bridge, Dominic Revan, Wright, Archer, Vassilev and maybe Jacob Ramsey depending on who else we sign, will probably be loaned out as well.

I think Chukwuemeka and Barry will stay as they will still be seventeen when the season starts, very rare for players to go out on loan at that age.

Philogene-Bidace i can see us keeping around and playing in the early rounds of the League Cup, and then reevaluating his situation in January.

With the Brazilian now fully fit after recovering from knee surgery, Genk are keen to bring the former Club Brugge star back to Belgium.

Wesley, reports Voetbal24, is being made available by Villa for €15m.

Probably just more BS.

Personally, I wouldn’t expect us to “make him available” until we’ve at least had a good luck at him during preseason… would love him to make it here tbh.

But, if he is leaving (transfer or loan) then we would definitely need a new striker…

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Barry and JPB are going on loan. Or should be. And Smith was talking about Buendia being able to play as a 10 suggesting we will go 4-2-3-1. Which means we only have 4 fit first team players for that role. As I assume we will be loaning out Chuk, Ramsey, Ramsey, Barry, JPB etc. 

Which I presume is why we signed Jedinak as the loan manager. 

Barry is a STRIKER! Correction; Smith said Buendia can play as winger or a 10. He was referring to his versatility, not where he intends to play him.

Barry has played most of this season on the left wing, also plays there for England U18s. And I suspect when he first breaks into the first team that's where he will play.

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Barry is a STRIKER! Correction; Smith said Buendia can play as winger or a 10. He was referring to his versatility, not where he intends to play him.

I also think Barry is a striker but I was responding to someone who said he was a winger. And whilst Smith may not intend to play Buendia as a 10 I think he will play Jack there. Which is the position he had always said was his favourite (he recently said he doesn't know which position is his favourite but I assume that was him being mindful not to cause speculation about him being unhappy with Smith). 

I feel it is pretty clear that we will see a 4-2-3-1 and Buendia would likely fill in there if Jack misses some time for whatever reason. 

Genk's transfer record is just over £6m, I doubt that they will more than double that on a player that's been out for over a year and we don't know if he's going to be as good as he was. A loan move would make more sense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

Barry has played most of this season on the left wing, also plays there for England U18s. And I suspect when he first breaks into the first team that's where he will play.

Correction he plays half of game as a LW for Villa then him and young switch and he goes upfront. He just generally goes LW in the first half presumably because young is more physically developed so can battle against defenders who are at peak fitness.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Genk's transfer record is just over £6m, I doubt that they will more than double that on a player that's been out for over a year and we don't know if he's going to be as good as he was. A loan move would make more sense. 

I think it’s just nonsense, gonna be a lot of that going around know and plenty of fake ITKs and website rumours…

Is there an easy way to identify the fake/wrong ones?

Yes, a loan would be the best option if he’s not ready for major involvement in the first team…

Edited by Jas10

That's not a correction, him and Young sometimes swap positions, but on the main Barry is on the left with Young through the middle, it's not as if Barry plays on the left in the first half of games and then through the middle in the second half like you imply.

Earlier in the season before Campton Sturridge's injury he was playing through the middle with Barry on the left. Barry also plays on the left for England.

If Barry plays for the first team anytime soon it's more likely to be as a wide forward than it is a centre-forward, even if his long term position will probably be as a central striker.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Had a quick look at their squad too and other than selling vandevoordt for £20m+ which would be unlikely I can't see who they could even sell to raise the funds

I still think teams out of the top leagues will have a decent transfer kitty because there's still going to be some big player sales to the top leagues 

As much as much of VT wouldn't like it I can see there being something in the reports saying that we're in for another option up front, as much as anything because I wouldn't be surprised in them letting Wesley go out on loan. If they think there's something salvageable with him still, it probably won't happen unless he's getting regular minutes to get him back up to speed, and I can't see that occurring as long as we're playing one striker and Watkins is fit. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Probably just more BS.

Personally, I wouldn’t expect us to “make him available” until we’ve at least had a good luck at him during preseason… would love him to make it here tbh.

But, if he is leaving (transfer or loan) then we would definitely need a new striker…

Oof. That'd be tempting tbh and I like Wesley. 

Looking at Genk last season and they had Paul Onuachu playing as their main striker, he scored 35 goals in 41 appearances, 29 of those goals from 33 league games. Presuming he's still with them next season, it's hard to imagine they'd want to replace him in the first team given those stats.

25 minutes ago, useless said:

That's not a correction, him and Young sometimes swap positions, but on the main Barry is on the left with Young through the middle, it's not as if Barry plays on the left in the first half of games and then through the middle in the second half like you imply.

Earlier in the season before Campton Sturridge's injury he was playing through the middle with Barry on the left. Barry also plays on the left for England.

If Barry plays for the first team anytime soon it's more likely to be as a wide forward than it is a centre-forward, even if his long term position will probably be as a central striker.

Surely that's anchored in physical development. Most young strikers are put wide at first. Meeting two senuor centrebacks that will smash you every duel isn't good for anyone's development.

34 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I also think Barry is a striker but I was responding to someone who said he was a winger. And whilst Smith may not intend to play Buendia as a 10 I think he will play Jack there. Which is the position he had always said was his favourite (he recently said he doesn't know which position is his favourite but I assume that was him being mindful not to cause speculation about him being unhappy with Smith). 

I feel it is pretty clear that we will see a 4-2-3-1 and Buendia would likely fill in there if Jack misses some time for whatever reason. 

Disagree I think it's clearer that we will play 4-3-3. Look at the squad we are stacked with 8's. 

• Like 4