Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

16 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

That makes it 4 years in a row. 

I also remember the same stuff they're doing with Chuk now when he was a teenager. 'Man Utd, Bayern and Liverpool monitoring the development of talented youngster Grealish'. 

We are a different team to when Jack was coming through he stayed because he was a Villa fan, there was a lot of interest in Chuk when we signed him I think our youth/academy set up is really appealing now, it has to be up there with the best set ups in the country.

Edited by zab6359

Salzburg are absolutely the right kind of team to be looking at for potential players - they're absolutely excellent at scouting/recruitment, like all the Red Bull teams, but while they're in Austria they're more affordable and available. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I'm happy getting cover for Konsa. There's no way we're selling him. I also don't believe selling improving younger players features anywhere in our planning.

Apart from Jack and Ollie, I think Konsa will be the most looked at player in our squad, we'll probably never know but I'd be amazed if no one even enquired about him during this window.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Salzburg are absolutely the right kind of team to be looking at for potential players - they're absolutely excellent at scouting/recruitment, like all the Red Bull teams, but while they're in Austria they're more affordable and available. 

The Salzburg manager is moving to leipzig, would guess that the pick of the players will follow him 

Would happily take about 5 of them

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

Apart from Jack and Ollie, I think Konsa will be the most looked at player in our squad, we'll probably never know but I'd be amazed if no one even enquired about him during this window.

Our best defender and he will get a lot better over the next couple of years. No way we'll sell.

• Like 1

I’m sure we won’t want to sell Konsa and nor do I want us to… Have to be realistic though and it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that If he continues an elite level team will come in with a bid we find acceptable and he will go with the money made to be reinvested. It’s one of the ways we will continue us to progress till the point hopefully where we are part of the elite… 

Just now, thabucks said:

I’m sure we won’t want to sell Konsa and nor do I want us to… Have to be realistic though and it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that If he continues an elite level team will come in with a bid we find acceptable and he will go with the money made to be reinvested. It’s one of the ways we will continue us to progress till the point hopefully where we are part of the elite… 

The best way to be part of the elite is to keep the players that can take us there. So if he's on a trajectory to be elite, and I believe he is, that matches our stated aim.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

City will spend 130m on Kane. How on earth would they then be able to afford, assuming there is no buyout clause, another 130m on Jack? Especially as they're stacked in those wide positions. 

It seems obvious that City will sell to fund Kane, not Grealish. They won’t get both. 

Is Marcus Edwards any good? I've never watched him play, but seen him hyped a bit.

Sporting have apparently had a bid of around £10m accepted. I thought he was supposed to be a decent talent, so the figure seems low. 

The major caveat is the rumour comes from Football Insider, so it's almost certainly made up. We'd also probably struggle to find a place for him in our squad since signing Buendia. 

I wonder if we could get Noni Madueke from PSV? He’s 19 and is in the England U21 set up, as a sort of understudy to Ollie? I read that Leeds and Leicester are interested and I think we should nip in there first if there’s a chance of getting him for a reasonable fee (£15m is being mentioned but I think he’d be more that that).

29 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I wonder if we could get Noni Madueke from PSV? He’s 19 and is in the England U21 set up, as a sort of understudy to Ollie? I read that Leeds and Leicester are interested and I think we should nip in there first if there’s a chance of getting him for a reasonable fee (£15m is being mentioned but I think he’d be more that that).

Could be interesting especially as PSV were apparently interested in loaning Wes. 

• Like 1

What's the obssession with wingers, we already have Grealish, Buendia, Traore, El Ghazi, Philogene-Bidace, Barry, and Trezeguet to come back from injury, we won't be signing anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

What's the obssession with wingers, we already have Grealish, Buendia, Traore, El Ghazi, Philogene-Bidace, Barry, and Trezeguet to come back from injury, we won't be signing anymore.

Barry and JPB are going on loan. Or should be. And Smith was talking about Buendia being able to play as a 10 suggesting we will go 4-2-3-1. Which means we only have 4 fit first team players for that role. As I assume we will be loaning out Chuk, Ramsey, Ramsey, Barry, JPB etc. 

Which I presume is why we signed Jedinak as the loan manager. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, useless said:

If you're referring to my post, I even said we'd struggle to find space for another winger.

I was simply asking an opinion on a player that is meant to be talented apparently going for around the same money we paid for El Ghazi/Trezeguet/Nakmaba/half of Wesley. 

There will come a point when we sell players and replace them. I don't think it's outrageous to suggest if we have the opportunity to upgrade with little to no net outlay we will take it. Sanson has shown we are willing to spend decent money on a player we want who becomes available at a good price, even if they don't make it straight into the team. 

I'm also not convinced by Philogene-Bidace at u23 level. I do hope he proves me wrong though. 

I doubt Barry will be going on loan yet, he will still only be seventeen once the season starts, and It's been reported that Philogene-Bidace is going to be part of the first team squad next season, even if you ignore those two we've still got plenty of options out wide.

Just because Smith says that Buendia can play as a No.10 doesn't meant to say he's going to play him there, it's just a soundbite, he also said Traore can play as centre forward when we swooped for him but has never played him there and most probably never will, can't recall but probably spoke of Cash being able to play more than position as well, but again will probably only ever play right back for us.

15 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Barry and JPB are going on loan. Or should be. And Smith was talking about Buendia being able to play as a 10 suggesting we will go 4-2-3-1. Which means we only have 4 fit first team players for that role. As I assume we will be loaning out Chuk, Ramsey, Ramsey, Barry, JPB etc. 

Which I presume is why we signed Jedinak as the loan manager. 

Can't see us loaning out Chuk or JPB