Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Does anyone know anything about Valentino Livarmento? He was Chelsea’s academy player of the year, he’s 18 and plays as a right sided player, wingback / right midfield even winger on occasion. Apparently he can also play on the left. That all reads well but that’s all I know about him. 

We’re apparently “linked”. Has anyone seen him? 

If he's half as good as Tariq Lamptey was when he was on the fringes at Chelsea in same position, get him in!

Makes sense to get a young lad in one of the fullback positions we can train up as they won't be playing that much given how good Targett and Cash were last season so will likely be just cup games for first season unless first choice gets a bad injury.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’ve just read we are interested in Will Hughes who would slot in to our midfield to replace the “already out of favour Morgan Sanson.” I was going to say you could t make this stuff up, but obviously you can. 

Hughes and Ward Prowse in same summer makes no sense whatsoever as you're signing pretty much same midfield player (they even look a bit similar!) in area where we already have same type of midfield players.

In a way I wonder if this is just to force Southampton's hand a bit. Seems the Buendia link accelerated when the Smith Rowe rumour popped up in the paper so a common tactic to sort of say to selling club we're interested in other players to speed up negotiations.

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

This is absolute dribble. He's not even guaranteed starter at Watford

They could at least link us to some decent players instead we get a crock and bench warmer at Watford.

rocket polishers

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So, if we were only to sign one more "top player", what position would you sign that player in?

DM?

CAM/RW? (to have Grealish - NEW - Buendia?, or Grealish - Buendia - NEW?)

I am a little torn......i really would like both 😜

CM/DM. After that another left back even if only as a backup. I've been banging on about that since last year and now with Taylor gone its even more important.

If Buendia hits the ground running, and we get a quality DM and a left back, jesus this team has genuine potential.

Watkins, Buendia and Grealish would be an elite attack whilst Traore, El Ghazi and Trezeguet have all shown enough to at least be good backups.

Our first team defense and goalkeeper is set and we've seen how good we can be at not conceding last season. Hause, Guilbert and a new left back are all quality backups, and our defenders have the added bonus of seemingly being able to play all across the defense.

The big question mark is the midfield. Ideally, Mcginn, Sanson and a quality DM should be good enough. Luiz, Ramsey and Carney as backups. Even with a new DM however, its clear this is the area we're most weak in. 

12 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

The big question mark is the midfield. Ideally, Mcginn, Sanson and a quality DM should be good enough. Luiz, Ramsey and Carney as backups. Even with a new DM however, its clear this is the area we're most weak in. 

Luiz and McGinn will be our main CM pairing and Buendia will make huge difference to our defence and possession

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Will Hughes is really good.

Probably don't need another midfielder unless he's clearly better than the current fellas though. Or a Sarr type who's a bit of a project and could grow into something crucial.

I was more referring to the bit about Sanson being out of favour. They couldn’t even check that he’s been out injured. I was t sure if Hughes was still any good to be honest. He could be cheap as he only has a year left on his contract but a bit uninspiring after all the excitement. Then again what do I know?

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wood is actually decent and doesn't deserve to be lumped in with those 2

They’re all fine, it’s just so far away from what this club is trying to achieve. They’re O’Neill second or third season signings.

Yes though, I would take Wood for free as a back up to Ollie.

Edited by a m ole

29 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Luiz and McGinn will be our main CM pairing and Buendia will make huge difference to our defence and possession

Wouldn’t be so certain of that yet, Sanson may surprise everyone with a pre-season under his belt. 

• Like 1