Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

54 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'd have to disagree, Nigel - it wasn't hype with Martinez, we'd seen what he was capable of at the back of end of last season. 

Ross barkley did it at the front end of this season!

You can't take a small sample and extrapolate.

At circa 20m it was a gamble he could do it consistently.

Edited by Nigel

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really looking forward to the summer transfer drama but I’m guessing nothing will really happen until after the Euros?

Then i insist that we Sign all the players!!

I hope that if we have identified our targets, then we will try (where possible) to bring them in before potentially a string of good performances could increase both their fees and the competition for their signature.  That said, clubs do tend to wait until after tournaments, more often than not. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Ross barkley did it at the front end of this season!

You can't take a small sample and extrapolate.

At circa 20m it was a gamble he could do it consistently.

For me one of the best metrics is fan (not on a Match Thread!) opinion on X player. The reason I was so confident on the Martinez signing was the perplexed, angry reaction of my Arsenal mate, who stated, among other things, that Leno should be #2 to Martinez, and this was further evidence of poor decision making at the club. Conversely, I think we all knew the general opinion on Ross was in fact what we have found out: occasionally brilliant. A Chelsea friend mentioned exactly this, which tends to not be good enough at any upwardly mobile club.

• Like 4

I think we may possibly have deals/targets lined up and incoming near the start of the window and add another player or two later… Dean said they’ve been researching & working on transfer targets for ages so we might get an early surprise…

The Euros is on but what about other competitions? Are there any other tournaments such as Copa America or AFCON? If not, then we could focus on players outside of Europe initially (Samba time!) and those locally, not involved in the Euros (like Buendia).

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

So true. I don’t even think about that position anymore. It’s Watkins for the next 5 years as far as I’m concerned! 

God he'd be 29 then right?

As bad a thought as it sounds you imagine that the owners would want him moved on before that and cash in. Maybe they will use all this analysis data and see when he starts dipping then find a suitable buyer that will pay big for him, which of course all depends whether his season get stronger and stronger from this one.

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think we may possibly have deals/targets lined up and incoming near the start of the window and add another player or two later… Dean said they’ve been researching & working on transfer targets for ages so we might get an early surprise…

The Euros is on but what about other competitions? Are there any other tournaments such as Copa America or AFCON? If not, then we could focus on players outside of Europe initially (Samba time!) and those locally, not involved in the Euros (like Buendia).

Sure let's start the dominos off and get someone massive in.

The much wished for Adam Reach has been released by Sheffield Wednesday. Outside of some wonderful goals I'm not sure he was ever quite as good as sometimes made out, will probably end up back in the championship

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

I think he said when asked about looking......Quote " we have been making plans since the last window closed".....so there is every chance some are advanced, but until June 9th we will just have to wait and see.

34 minutes ago, bose said:

I have a feeling we will sign Buendia. Just the player we need. Hope the links are true.

It would be amazing to go from El Ghazi & Trez competing at RW to Buendia & Traore. Buendia could probably cover at AM too…

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Aroused Hard Ons GIF

Is that Dean Smith- Johan Lange- Christian Purlow?...if so, might be something in it?

• Haha 2