Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, Zatman said:

He had a great game vs City. Thats it :D  Similar to the Sarr hype because he had a great game vs Liverpool

Thankfully Norwich and Watford came up so both them rumours should be squashed

Sarr I think is more interesting due to him having that scary pace. Seem to have had a more productive season in the Championship too, and he plays on the right. Hyped up too much thou as you say.

But yeah we won't be buying players from the clubs that get promoted unless we are happy to pay silly fees. So that rules out Buendia as well.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Except I didn’t. Nice try though.

but of all the stuff to be negative about... injured jack, trez, aeg, traore, davis, luiz, red cards, poor form, super league. Not sure Sanson even enters the list. In fact I know doesn't.

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Two players from Brighton would transform our team Bissouma and Trossard and we'd be a top 8 team. Groß would be a good addition too.

I’d only take Bissouma and White from Brighton and only then in a theoretical world as both would cost so much you would be better off spending elsewhere.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Not a huge fan of the Todd Cantwell rumors. Hopefully just paper-talk although with only 1 year left on his contract he might not be super expensive.

Not watched him this season but thought he was a bit flimsy in the PL last time out.

If he is the same player that got relegated he isn’t worth 30m with a year left on his contract that’s for sure.

As for him replacing Grealish, have a laugh.

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I genuinely don't think, being able to pass the ball accurately to your own team mates requires 40 - 50 million players. Lol

This should actually be minimal requirements for Premier League players.

I do not disagree,  yet unfortunately it's happening. McGinn is our main culprit but of late many of them seem to be following the trait. Many of them are struggling to pass the ball to a teammate and some can't pass the ball forward (Cash and Konsa).

Villa's possession statistics have been shocking of late.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Brighton fans cant stand Trossard, they say him and Maupay offer no end product and prefer Lallana and Welbeck. He has the same amount of goal contributions as Traore and played 500 minutes more

Trossard no end product? he's a quality player.

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Tin hat time but Chris Wood in the summer anyone as a back up to Watkins?  Very different styles but would be a decent pick up and an improvement on Davis.

No thanks if Davis had as many minutes as Wood he'd score as many goals!

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 2

On 24/04/2021 at 13:01, messi11 said:

Welcome to the Villa

Seems really good, not sure about the difference in league, but that’s the kind of player that could improve us. He won’t cost a lot too. So we could keep the big money for other areas.

15 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't think we need as many players as we think we do, In this window.

However,Getting in the right players, is key, it can lift the spirits and productivity of our existing players.....as an example, when we signed Cropley, many moons ago he lifted the whole team, he transformed us, as did Ashley Young....other players who we thought was meh, started performing, much better.

Its a talent, is scouting and its these guys we have to rely on...then comes the balance and thats the managers job to get the right balance between Piano players and Piano carriers.....and in Piano players, we have one of the best around.

Exactly, if we pulled the right midfielders or Wingers in who are leaders, a player who creates something out of nothing would go along way in our team. We need players who can change the game so quickly when the deck is against us, who lifts the spirits of those around him (just like Grealish does for us). We get those type of players in at the club, you would see a massive morale boost amongst a team that seems to be struggling game by game to find any.

None of our players apart from Grealish seem to draw energy from the fact they can woop ass on the field, then transfer that into extra ass wooping and get the rest of the team excited and roaring. Grealish loves to take on everyone and while Watkins gives it ago also as does Traore when he comes inside to attack from the right. I feel we are severely lacking and Grealish is the only one we know we have who can constantly make something from nothing.

When the crowds come back I hope our Owners are gearing up for there biggest possible spend yet, they would be wise to. Crowds come back and we have new signings who are of a much better standard than most of what we have, that can easy stand next to Grealish and give him a run for his money, the crowd would be roaring. Villa Park would be crazy loud if they can pull in a couple of players who can do what Grealish does but in there own way. if Lange can work his magic by pulling in a couple of world class players then fans back in the stadium would be breaking there voice boxes the moment those players start creating runs, assists, dribbles or interceptions and goals. We need the names now, the names that can bring the crowds to scream and shout because in turn when the crowd does that then the rest of the team goes bonkers and is up for the fight against there opposition.

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Tin hat time but Chris Wood in the summer anyone as a back up to Watkins?  Very different styles but would be a decent pick up and an improvement on Davis.

Back up to Watkins better F'in be Barry and for good reason why he deserves the shot for his hardwork in the U23s, he deserves the chance to get on in the first team.

7 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I find it quite disheartening the hate Davis gets from some Villa fans each to there own I guess.

It's not hate, it's knowing he can't do what Watkins does. You see id have faith in Barry coming in as a sub and putting some goals in, yet Davis no no.

Now that doesn't mean I find Davis useless, I feel that we can use him in other positions and he would totally be more useful there. Use Davis strength against teams, use him as an extra striker running interference for Watkins all while Watkins is free to run into goal. You could in fact use Davis as an extra Winger and overload one side where the opposition is weakest, but we have to find alternate ways to use Davis or he's going to rot at this club. Davis is not a goal scorer and I do not know why people keep trying to play him as a lone striker. He won't never be what were asking of him and that's okay as long as we realise it. Yet why not take that stress of being a goal scorer right out of his game and utilise him in other places and we may find trying him elsewhere could yield better results.

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Or someone similar. Definitely be a good alternative off the bench.