Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

We need better than Matheus Pereira, he's been woeful for most of the season, his failure to show any kind of form for most of the season is a big reason why Albion have been as good as relegated for a while now. If we're serious about improving we need much much better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Sign pereira

I sincerely hope we aim a lot higher. We made him look good by giving him time to have a fag on the ball. He's OK, nothing more.

• Haha 1

Was actually impressed with the West Brom RB. Can't remember his name (townsend perhaps) but lost amount of times he was positioned well to block a Targett cross so as low cost back up to Cash he might be worth a look as I wouldn't be spending a huge amount on defenders as they'll just be back ups next season.

Edit: Was Furlong.

Edited by VillaChris

Just seen Lille top again of French league...start of the season they picked up Burak Yilmaz who'd never played outside of Turkey before and 34 years old. 18 goals in just over 30 games later....

I keep going on about it but an experienced striker to slot into the squad would make sense. We have the young and hungry one progressing in Ollie but a more proven one is still needed and there's plenty of Yilmaz types knocking about, as mentioned before Chris Wood is obvious one in premier league. We went for Wilson last summer so the club clearly isn't as against it as claimed so interesting what options there are for 2-3 year deal.

Someone who can come on after 60 minutes, link play and score headers from crosses as that's not really Ollie's thing so we need to solve that.

Edited by VillaChris

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just seen Lille top again of French league...start of the season they picked up Burak Yilmaz who'd never played outside of Turkey before and 34 years old. 18 goals in just over 30 games later....

I keep going on about it but an experienced striker to slot into the squad would make sense. We have the young and hungry one progressing in Ollie but a more proven one is still needed and there's plenty of Yilmaz types knocking about, as mentioned before Chris Wood is obvious one in premier league. We went for Wilson last summer so the club clearly isn't as against it as claimed so interesting what options there are for 2-3 year deal.

Someone who can come on after 60 minutes, link play and score headers from crosses as that's not really Ollie's thing so we need to solve that.

There's an Argentinean in Manchester who.... 👀

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

would open up a whole new dimension for us.

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was actually impressed with the West Brom RB. Can't remember his name (townsend perhaps) but lost amount of times he was positioned well to block a Targett cross so as low cost back up to Cash he might be worth a look as I wouldn't be spending a huge amount on defenders as they'll just be back ups next season.

Edit: Was Furlong.

He was dreadful the 1st game we played vs them, made El Ghazi look a superstar that night

It's all about game management. We need players, especially in midfield, who can manage a game depending on what is required at any given time. At the moment it's mostly mindless which is a bit disappointing.

Is that coaching or player driven? Probably a bit of both. But it needs to change. I really don't like the fact we have 1 way of playing, 1 formation and no versatility. We're missing players, I know. But I see no appetite to switch it up this season. Its almost like we're just going to leave it as is until next season. OK fine, as long as there is a plan to do it then.

Players like Sanson and Ramsey do recycle the ball and keep it, more of that with a bit more cutting edge please. Luiz can do it, but is in horrible form these last few months. McGinn can't do it, he's a good character to have in the squad but is too slow in intent, scuffs most of his shots, and can't cover quickly enough to be a CDM.

We need some smart players in the middle who can adapt to different situations and control a game. 2 in the middle, a defensive quarterback type and a CAM. And at least one shit hot fast and direct winger. But most of all we need flexible tactics and game management. It's our biggest flaw.

• Like 2

I reckon we are missing a couple players who can crack a real screamer as well.

Obviously they don't always have to score, but they create parries, rebound, for tap ins and so on as well.

Doug and McGinn used to have it in them but don't know what's happened.

Anwar has a hell of a shot on him when he is on it as well.

I'd love a big, powerful CM ( Who could possibly even fill in at CB ) who could also randomly go on a driving run and unleash a RON VLAAR special!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

We need a midfielder, a super all-round athletic, strong player.

Just looking at some statistics and Martinez is still having to save too many shots. He is fourth on the list amongst the bottom three keepers and Dirty Leeds.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Obviously they don't always have to score, but they create parries, rebound, for tap ins and so on as well.

I'd love a big, powerful CM ( Who could possibly even fill in at CB ) who could also randomly go on a driving run and unleash a RON VLAAR special!

McGinn hit one with last kick in fairness, Johnstone did well to parry out wide as would've been a tap in for anyone in six yard box.

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think we have the players, Barkley, Dougie, McGinn and Anwar can do it. Cash has taken a few from long range this season as well. I think Mings could have a decent long range shot as well but not sure he ever tried

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Im not sold on Pereira because of a bit of form near the end of the season, bit like Ayew the season we went down he was very good when we were pretty much already relegated

Highlight reel player. Played some nice passes but reliant on his set pieces. He’s no better than our current crop and he’s 24. We will have bigger transfer targets I’m sure. We’ve got competition for wingers - we need quality to push on. He ain’t it. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Exactly, if we pulled the right midfielders or Wingers in who are leaders, a player who creates something out of nothing would go along way in our team. We need players who can change the game so quickly when the deck is against us, who lifts the spirits of those around him (just like Grealish does for us). We get those type of players in at the club, you would see a massive morale boost amongst a team that seems to be struggling game by game to find any.

None of our players apart from Grealish seem to draw energy from the fact they can woop ass on the field, then transfer that into extra ass wooping and get the rest of the team excited and roaring. Grealish loves to take on everyone and while Watkins gives it ago also as does Traore when he comes inside to attack from the right. I feel we are severely lacking and Grealish is the only one we know we have who can constantly make something from nothing.

When the crowds come back I hope our Owners are gearing up for there biggest possible spend yet, they would be wise to. Crowds come back and we have new signings who are of a much better standard than most of what we have, that can easy stand next to Grealish and give him a run for his money, the crowd would be roaring. Villa Park would be crazy loud if they can pull in a couple of players who can do what Grealish does but in there own way. if Lange can work his magic by pulling in a couple of world class players then fans back in the stadium would be breaking there voice boxes the moment those players start creating runs, assists, dribbles or interceptions and goals. We need the names now, the names that can bring the crowds to scream and shout because in turn when the crowd does that then the rest of the team goes bonkers and is up for the fight against there opposition.

I'm absolutely certain some would still boo our players when we inevitably lose a game.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

We need a midfielder, a super all-round athletic, strong player.

Just looking at some statistics and Martinez is still having to save too many shots. He is fourth on the list amongst the bottom three keepers and Dirty Leeds.

How are we on blocks? I know Mings has had a ton this season.

Pretty sure it's because we lose the midfield battle way too often, so I think we need better protection there. Should be a priority in the summer imo.