Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Seems really good, not sure about the difference in league, but that’s the kind of player that could improve us. He won’t cost a lot too. So we could keep the big money for other areas.

He does look really good. Fast, strong, skilful and only 19! I would be very happy for us to take him as a development player at the right price.

55 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I find it quite disheartening the hate Davis gets from some Villa fans each to there own I guess.

I dont hate Davis and nor did I ever even insinuate that I did. This is a football forum and I believe he is a very poor footballer. That's it and that's all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Seems really good, not sure about the difference in league, but that’s the kind of player that could improve us. He won’t cost a lot too. So we could keep the big money for other areas.

He's 19 years old, a left winger, he can also play on the right and as a CF.

Has 4 goals to his name and 6 assists In 20 appearances, so he's doing rather well since the club he joined had him on a free transfer.

Also a Ghanaian international it seems.

His team are 5th in the superlagean which is probably ranked as the 12th best league in the world right??

You look at it and could he make the step up to the premier? He has plenty of growth potential and seem like a whipper snapper n half so anything is possible.

Edited by Dave-R

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

He's 19 years old, a left winger, he can also play on the right and as a CF.

Has 4 goals to his name and 6 assists In 20 appearances, so he's doing rather well since the club he joined had him on a free transfer.

Also a Ghanaian international it seems.

His team are 5th in the superlagean which is probably ranked as the 12th best league in the world right??

You look at it and could he make the step up to the premier? He has plenty of growth potential and seem like a whipper snapper n half so anything is possible.

It's a really shit league. On average probably around league one, i.e. Sunderland level.

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's a really shit league. On average probably around league one, i.e. Sunderland level.

Well compared to the one were in yes it surely is lol.

Buying players from anywhere now apart from the top league's in the top clubs would be a waste of money I think.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well compared to the one were in yes it surely is lol.

Buying players from anywhere now apart from the top league's in the top clubs would be a waste of money I think.

It's not like we can't find talent else where, but thought I'd just mention it. 😄

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

I find it quite disheartening the hate Davis gets from some Villa fans each to there own I guess.

No hate towards Davis from me but you can’t argue that Wood isn’t an improvement off the bench than Davis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Reading missed out on a playoff place.....

Olise please!

If the supposed release clause is true YES! If they want 20 million for him then no, not this summer.

23 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Sign pereira

He had a good game but I dunno, it would be nice to sign a player with pedigree and profile you look at and think yep that guy is going to help us break into the top 6 in the near future.

Pereira is talented player but he falls short of that imo.

I don't know whether we'll have the finance to do it this summer but in near future we simply must start pushing our sights a bit higher in calibre of player especially while Grealish is still around otherwise we'll just stay around the mid table pack.

Edited by VillaChris

Just now, One For The Road said:

No, not even close. 5 career goals in 75 games proves that. 

Yes I know and I don't want him near the bench next season either btw but just found it a bit odd you just dismissed people wanting him involved tonight after the Fulham performance pre matchand he comes on and plays a big part in a rare point from losing and it still gets dismissed.

Can certainly see West Brom or someone like that signing him next season while hopefully we get a more proven prem option as back up, really just shows we should've sent him out on loan 18 months back as he'd surely have scored some goals at a lower level.

Next season I want us to line up like:

Martinez
Cash.   Konsa     Mings.   Targett
               Luiz.      McGinn
New Winger. Grealish.  New Winger
                        Watkins

The "new wingers" need to be £30m+ type signings who can actually make a difference in a game. 

Traore, AEG, Trez are just not good enough. 

• Like 1

For me the priority has to be central midfield. 

McGinn and Luiz aren't good enough. Although I feel Luiz could improve with a better partner. Any strong, disciplined player with good passing ability. As mentioned several times Bissouma would be perfect, even if costing 40m.

We need backup for Targett, Kesler can be backup for Cash.

We also need competition for Konsa and Mings, Engels will probably leave so the space is there to be filled.

We also need a top quality right winger, someone can cross the ball and also provide a goal threat.

I'd have thought Trez would potentially leave but his injury may stop that. El Ghazi if suitors should probably leave.

Up front we need to judge. Possibly someone experienced happy to be second fiddle who offers us something different.

I also forgot a new 10. I prefer Jack on the left so again this again needs to be top quality. 

Edited by VillaAlex

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Next season I want us to line up like:

Martinez
Cash.   Konsa     Mings.   Targett
               Luiz.      McGinn
New Winger. Grealish.  New Winger
                        Watkins

The "new wingers" need to be £30m+ type signings who can actually make a difference in a game. 

Traore, AEG, Trez are just not good enough. 

We have to buy at least 1 central midfielder, they kill us both in attack and defence 

I'd buy 2 personally, keep Jack left, £80m on a 10 and a 6 push Luiz up to an 8 but he'd be on thin ice too and in competition with sanson 

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

We have to buy at least 1 central midfielder, they kill us both in attack and defence 

I'd buy 2 personally, keep Jack left, £80m on a 10 and a 6 push Luiz up to an 8 but he'd be on thin ice too and in competition with sanson 

I kinda think if our front line are dramatically improved which is what I'd suggest to do, then the job of McGinn and Luiz gets easier. 

But I understand where you're coming from.