Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, useless said:

We need to stop messing about and start spending £60m plus on a genuine world class winger.

Exactly.

Zatman of course we could lure some 60 mill players. We won't ever rise to Europe if we don't pull some of those players in that 50 mill and up range, we simply won't reach any higher in this league if we don't buy a few of them. Money talks and so do negotians.

Our Owners will want Europe,they know what needs to happen that is a massive spend on those big price ranges. If we buy more of the same were just taking up residence in mid table and being part of flok that makes up the league which the Owners stated they wernt here to do 

We gotta go Big now and we have to make Grealish feel like he's not the only Technically gifted player at this club, he needs help and we have openings where we could bring a few in.

200 mill should cover it.

All these media story's in UK I do not believe, last season we didn't sign anyone they reported we were going for from what I can remember, come Summer we will go for totally different signings.

1 minute ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

IF Traore is available from Wolves for £30m as suggested in this mornings papers, would it be worth a go?

I think some on here are going to tell you not even for 5 mill lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

IF Traore is available from Wolves for £30m as suggested in this mornings papers, would it be worth a go?

No. He's had his chance here and blew it. Also, he has barely enough intelligence to breathe. We need something a bit more sophisticated than a man chasing his own muscular buttocks at 100mph.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Sanson was a player we had been tracking for a while and as he became cheap it was a good opportunity to sign him even though it’s one for next season. I don’t think for a second it’s altered our plans to strengthen other positions. 

Was that last season which he may of fit the bill then but we're playing better now right? So why did we pick him up if the current build has outgrown that player and he's possibly struggling to adapt.

It's like going for another Ghazi, Barkley in Summer knowing we should be signing more capable players, we've outgrown that level of performance and require much more in a player.

I think we need to try hijack some outgoings from the top 5 who may go abroad for top money or to ruffle the feathers more hijack some incomings to there clubs.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Sanson was a player we had been tracking for a while and as he became cheap it was a good opportunity to sign him even though it’s one for next season. I don’t think for a second it’s altered our plans to strengthen other positions. 

This and just for a split second Dougie was looking like a 60m player who would prob be off back to citeh and we bit the bullet for his replacement in advance just incase @villa-lad went loopy.

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

No. He's had his chance here and blew it. Also, he has barely enough intelligence to breathe. We need something a bit more sophisticated than a man chasing his own muscular buttocks at 100mph.

I knew the brutality was about to come out the moment I seen that post 🤣.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think we need to try hijack some outgoings from the top 5 who may go abroad for top money

No one is leaving a top 5 PL club to get more money abroad. Even China has pulled the plug. If it’s money you’re after you come to the PL not leave it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Was that last season which he may of fit the bill then but we're playing better now right? So why did we pick him up if the current build has outgrown that player and he's possibly struggling to adapt.

It's like going for another Ghazi, Barkley in Summer knowing we should be signing more capable players, we've outgrown that level of performance and require much more in a player.

I think we need to try hijack some outgoings from the top 5 who may go abroad for top money or to ruffle the feathers more hijack some incomings to there clubs.

No it’s not. El Ghazi was a championship loan that we decided to take up after promotion due to the low transfer fee. Sanson was a highly rated midfielder rated at 30 million with a lot of top clubs monitoring him. Not sure how you can compare the two. 

Barkley on the surface was a very ambitious loan signing. It just didn’t work out for whatever reason. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

See I think he’s better on the wing, cutting in, less worried what’s behind him, with the right back at him, dragging the right centre back towards him creating space and delivering the killer pass or skipping past them.

Centrally he has the DMs after him and he’s driving straight at the centre backs.

I think he’s far more effective out wide with the ability to roam.

Completely agree.  He gets more space and less congestion out wide.

I would love to see, say, Rashica/Olise, or a similar type player who could also move to the left, at ACM so Jack and he could interchange.  Even better of the RW/RM could join in and the three behind the striker could be interchangeable, so that its harder for the defence to make a plan and get settled.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Completely agree.  He gets more space and less congestion out wide.

I would love to see, say, Rashica/Olise, or a similar type player who could also move to the left, at ACM so Jack and he could interchange.  Even better of the RW/RM could join in and the three behind the striker could be interchangeable, so that its harder for the defence to make a plan and get settled.

I agree, to have players that can interchange well and not just because the manager stops them over would be frightening.  It’s why I’m excited about Foden and Jack for England because in my mind they can interchange throughout the match given their talents and skill set to a devastating effect.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

How is this latest announcement of the big 6 breakaway league, going to affect our summer business.?

DeBruyne and Foden stand up to Man City and quit in protest and join Villa on a free transfer.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

How is this latest announcement of the big 6 breakaway league, going to affect our summer business.?

Well......from what I’m reading all the main federations and leagues are stating they’ll fight this with everything they’ve got......including barring any player who plays in the breakaway from being eligible for international football. The current alleged signatories thus far do not include any German or French clubs, indeed its only 3 from Italy and Spain joining the six from England. And all of those countries league federations have spoken out strongly against the proposed breakaway clubs. As Gary Neville has already said, these clubs must now be heavily sanctioned. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree. Although I think we have weaknesses in central midfield, half of those problems are because we rarely have a good release ball option. With no Jack it’s a choice of a long ball to Ollie, give it away or give it to one of our “wingers” to give it away. 

We really don’t have a great deal of pace in the team, none that scares defenders anyway. Gabby could never be described as anything approaching world class but his pace petrified defenders. 

We’ve got the defensive set up right and could be a very good counter attacking team but for that to be really effective you need pace. 

Rashica would have been a great buy for us, perhaps might still be. There was a lot of smoke to not have been any fire. I’m pretty sure Traore was the back up plan. 

Frustrated Head GIF

Jon Stewart Queue GIF

Frustrated Fainting GIF

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

frustrated frustration GIF

frustrated sherlock holmes GIF

Edited by Jas10