Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

22 minutes ago, useless said:

We need to stop messing about and start spending £60m plus on a genuine world class winger.

like who?  World class wingers play for the top teams in Europe, why would they join us

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Would Tammy come back here or does he still think he's cut out for "bigger" clubs. 

Could see eg Spurs going for him if Kane leaves. You would hope his existing knowledge and contacts at the club would help our cause.  

Yes we need a really good winger but we desperately need another striker. 

I read West Ham will try sign him, I think he wont be leaving London again

If our budget this window is around the £120 million mark again I would hope we look at planning in this kind of way:

RB - Release Elmo and replace with Guilbert as our backup RB. Give Guilbert a season, and allow ourselves another year to fund a right back if required.

LB - Release Taylor and buy a replacement backup left backup, but one who can push Targett for first team football - £10 -15 million

This then leaves us around £100 million for three big signings. My priorities would be a DM, a winger RW/LW (preferably able to play both) and a striker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

Rhian Brewster would be a very shrewd signing for someone, a good player that will have a good career.

Makes no sense though as how much would he cost? Sheffield signed him for what we signed Wesley for so they wouldn't sell for 5-10m so you're basically paying 15-20m for someone who's looked good in championship but has shown no scoring instinct whatsoever in prem so far.

I think he needs to just do what Solanke did, go back to championship, score 20 goals and then he comes back as their main man and full of confidence.

Mad Sheffield are going down as one of worst prem teams and at various points this season people have suggested us signing Berge, McBurnie, Lundstram and now Brewster. If we had to raid a relegated team for a player or two I'd still suggest Fulham have a couple who'd improve our squad and even first 11.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Would Tammy come back here or does he still think he's cut out for "bigger" clubs. 

Could see eg Spurs going for him if Kane leaves. You would hope his existing knowledge and contacts at the club would help our cause.  

one winger, one striker, 2 midfielders.

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

West Ham and Everton will be in for him I reckon. West Ham need far more depth for europe and Everton had had Calvert Lewin out for a few games and don't have many other options at CF.

He'll certainly leave Chelsea this summer anyway.

12 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

RB - Release Elmo and replace with Guilbert as our backup RB. Give Guilbert a season, and allow ourselves another year to fund a right back if required.

Hopefully guilbert stays giving us the perfect set up to ease Kesler in to the team, too early for him if guilbert goes meaning we'd need a stop gap, maybe a loan player if the right one is available 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Hopefully guilbert stays giving us the perfect set up to ease Kesler in to the team, too early for him if guilbert goes meaning we'd need a stop gap, maybe a loan player if the right one is available 

Agreed

Kesler is the most ready of our youth players, I'd have no problem with him being our back up right-back next season, and I think that there's a good chance that will happen. Wouldn't be surprised to see us send Guilbert back on loan until January at which point we will assess how Kesler is doing and decide whether he needs a loan, if so, we can send him somewhere to get some game time and then recall Guilbert until the end of the season.

7 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I've said it all season but I think our priority this window should be Yves Bissouma.

He would provide so much that we are currently missing in our midfield and allow players like Luiz and McGinn a lot more freedom to do what they are good at further forward.

would love to see us in for him but sadly think there are bigger clubs than us who will be after him this summer

We need a back up left back, it's priority on numbers, I hope we take a chance on a young player with talent who can learn under Targett.

Priority for the bigger money I think is a winger, then a striker and a midfielder - although I'd be quite happy to see priority go to getting two wingers and moving Jack to 10.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, useless said:

If we genuinely want to become a top six club and challenge for trophies on a regular basis then we have to make best in class players want to come.

Or you do like we did with Emi and find them before they become world class. 

We aren't convincing a world class winger, who is going to want champions league football, to come play for a mid table PL team. 

This has nothing to do with the "size" of Villa. The elite european clubs can pay wages that would bankrupt our club. There were rumors Jadon Sancho wanted £20 million per Man United. That is over twice what Jack is currently making. 

35 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Or you do like we did with Emi and find them before they become world class. 

We aren't convincing a world class winger, who is going to want champions league football, to come play for a mid table PL team. 

This has nothing to do with the "size" of Villa. The elite european clubs can pay wages that would bankrupt our club. There were rumors Jadon Sancho wanted £20 million per Man United. That is over twice what Jack is currently making. 

question asks GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Rashica just scored at Dortmund. Better than Bellingham and Haaland ;)  

Seriously though, just bring him in! (And another - Buendia?)

A few proper attackers to play w Jack & Ollie is really going to elevate us.

He’s going to be better than our current wingers (has performed well in a good league and maybe just needs a move to kick on to the next level), see if we can throw in Anwar as part of the deal too.

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Seriously though, just bring him in! (And another - Buendia?)

A few proper attackers to play w Jack & Ollie is really going to elevate us.

He’s going to be better than our current wingers (has performed well in a good league and maybe just needs a move to kick on to the next level), see if we can throw in Anwar as part of the deal too.

I agree. Although I think we have weaknesses in central midfield, half of those problems are because we rarely have a good release ball option. With no Jack it’s a choice of a long ball to Ollie, give it away or give it to one of our “wingers” to give it away. 

We really don’t have a great deal of pace in the team, none that scares defenders anyway. Gabby could never be described as anything approaching world class but his pace petrified defenders. 

We’ve got the defensive set up right and could be a very good counter attacking team but for that to be really effective you need pace. 

Rashica would have been a great buy for us, perhaps might still be. There was a lot of smoke to not have been any fire. I’m pretty sure Traore was the back up plan. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

West Ham and Everton will be in for him I reckon. West Ham need far more depth for europe and Everton had had Calvert Lewin out for a few games and don't have many other options at CF.

He'll certainly leave Chelsea this summer anyway.

Why Everton? have they been linked?  Not sure Tammy would want to be behind Calvert Lewin and Richarlison and I'm not sure they'll be interested in, they have other priority areas.  I also think they will look abroad through Carlo's contacts

West Ham, who knows with them!  I think if Tammy is available he has a great connection with this club and players, I cant see if we were in a battle for his signature why we cant at least be in the running.  I understand the Europe and being in London thing but it's also assuming West Ham would be interested in him.  He'll remember the good time he had here, the players he enjoyed playing with and a manager that got the best out of him and a club that are on the up.