Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

23 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Story on the Athletic today about agents being worried no clubs have any money.

I wonder if those devious greedy vampiric bastards have something to do with that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Rhian Brewster would be a very shrewd signing for someone, a good player that will have a good career.

I have not seen much of him play but I have never been all that impressed with him. He seems to have struggled to get into a really poor Shef Utd team. He’s still young though. What do you like about him Useless?

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I have not seen much of him play but I have never been all that impressed with him. He seems to have struggled to get into a really poor Shef Utd team. He’s still young though. What do you like about him Useless?

I thought he was taking the piss.

He’s been one of the worst signings in recent Premier League history. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, useless said:

Rhian Brewster would be a very shrewd signing for someone, a good player that will have a good career.

Based on a few weeks of form at the back end of last season with Swansea ? He might be good. You couldn't say with any degree of where how he'll go.

Edited by Johnnyp

Brewster is fast, strong, direct, can score all kinds of goals, is good with both feet, he's still very young. I think it's very short-sighted to judge him based purely on his form with Sheffield United, anyone would struggle to score playing for them, and not sure if they used him in the right way. Next season he will do well in the championship, and either he will come backup with them or a premier league will buy him for big money, that's if one doesn't try and get him this summer on the cheap.

38 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nope, we don’t need back ups, we need quality brought into the first team and pushes first teamers to the bench.  

Our first team needs a lot more quality, no point wasting money unless a back up gives us something different and not just a back up.  

Quality first, alternatives second, backups a distant third.

The word back up fills me with dread. We need to as you say Improve the first team.

• Like 3

On 13/04/2021 at 17:13, OutByEaster? said:

It'll be a soft war of sorts for his signature, a pilau fight if you will.

just "Sago"

Edited by TRO

16 minutes ago, useless said:

Brewster is fast, strong, direct, can score all kinds of goals, is good with both feet, he's still very young. I think it's very short-sighted to judge him based purely on his form with Sheffield United, anyone would struggle to score playing for them, and not sure if they used him in the right way. Next season he will do well in the championship, and either he will come backup with them or a premier league will buy him for big money, that's if one doesn't try and get him this summer on the cheap.

He may well be but they will want to recoup as much as they can for the amount they paid for him. So he would hardly be a ‘shrewd’ signing at the price they paid. 

I suppose you watched him closely like you do Eze so you probably know more about him then I do. But 23m, 0 Assists, 0 goals is a pretty shocking return. I don’t care who you play for.

I think this ideal that you never sign back-ups and only strengthen the first team is a bit of a myth. Pretty much every team strengthens their squad, it's unrealistic to replace a first teamer every time you need a new signing. In the summer we're going to be signing a few squad players, back-up for Watkins and Targett, a defender for to come in in case either of Konsa or Mings get injured, if we replaced all those with better players that would be the best part of £100m and we would hardly have any money left for positions where we do need to strengthen the first team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I think this ideal that you never sign back-ups and only strengthen the first team is a bit of a myth. Pretty much every team strengthens their squad, it's unrealistic to replace a first teamer every time you need a new signing. In the summer we're going to be signing a few squad players, back-up for Watkins and Targett, a defender for to come in in case either of Konsa or Mings get injured, if we replaced all those with better players that would be the best part of £100m and we would hardly have any money left for positions where we do need to strengthen the first team.

We are different in that a number of our first team should only be backup.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Wonder if we'll make a move for Tammy? He will want to be #9, no doubt. Move Ollie to the left and have Jack as #10? 

Its a yes from me.

If we could get someone as good as Ollie to play the other side, I’d say yes. Buendia fits, they’ll be a list of others too. But, they’ll all cost a fortune.

Edited by 7392craig
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Wonder if we'll make a move for Tammy? He will want to be #9, no doubt. Move Ollie to the left and have Jack as #10? 

Its a yes from me.

Jack, Ollie and Tammy as the front 3 has a ring to it, now that would enable us to go 4-3-3.

but we need to get the midfield balanced right to do that.

1 minute ago, 7392craig said:

If we could get someone as good as Ollie to play the other side, I’d say yes. Buendia fits, they’ll be a list of others too. But, they’ll all cost a fortune.

LOVE THIS!

(Capital letters entirely deliberate).

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The word back up fills me with dread. We need to as you say Improve the first team.

It does me too....We have to create competition ,not back up......back up has to come from players who have slipped down the progressive pecking order, but still a bit too useful to let go.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Jack, Ollie and Tammy as the front 3 has a ring to it, now that would enable us to go 4-3-3.

but we need to get the midfield balanced right to do that.

I agree, I just think Jack’s future isn’t on the wing. He is one of only a few players atm who can drive through the centre of the pitch. He’s great out wide, but a bit of a gem at no 10. 

Edited by 7392craig