Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Whatever happens I look forward to a summer of getting completely carried away by YouTube highlight videos after every single tenuous link to a player.

It's the best. 

I was convinced Helenius was the next Zlatan because of this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It's the best. 

The pants down incident killed his confidence and ruined him

seriously though forget your £60 Abraham’s form Chelsea’s bench I would Kevin Keegan style love it if we signed some kid from some god foresaken league in Europe for £1m and he he’s better than haaland...

Edited by villa4europe

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Were we linked with any of our 5 summer signing? I remember us being linked with  Watkins for quite a while but I’m sure the other 4 came out the blue. I reckon the summer could be similar. 

we've always been excellent at keeping our cards close to our chest. wesley was another that was totally out of the blue, as was most of our business that summer

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nothing beats the buzz of a foreign journalist you’ve never heard of with a blue tick linking a player to your club. 

It’s what I imagine Crack feels likes.

Sometimes I wonder what Arlind Sadiku has been up to lately.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

It's the best. 

Yeah but Helenius wore his shorts around his ankles like a champ!

43 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nothing beats the buzz of a foreign journalist you’ve never heard of with a blue tick linking a player to your club. 

It’s what I imagine Crack feels likes.

i remember the good old days (1995) when i was super excited that we signed an exotic Serbian for 3.5m ish (Milosevic), no internet, no mobile phones, no twitter......just newspaper articles about us signing the Serbian enigma with some  caricature pictures of him sprinkled in to the article.......those were the days!

I remember reading the article over and over and got so excited that we had signed some superstar foreign exotic enigma player!, i miss those days lol!

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i remember the good old days (1995) when i was super excited that we signed an exotic Serbian for 3.5m ish (Milosevic), no internet, no mobile phones, no twitter......just newspaper articles about us signing the Serbian enigma with some  caricature pictures of him sprinkled in to the article.......those were the days!

I remember reading the article over and over and got so excited that we had signed some superstar foreign exotic enigma player!, i miss those days lol!

With the bandanna as well. I remember his first preseason game as well at West Brom and Bozzie told him to lift hands above his head and face us, all the Villa fans, and we all cheered like school girls at a boy band concert.  I remember his girlfriend was super hot as well, wasn’t she a top model or something over there.  The good old days of exotic foreign players, now they are ten a penny.

• Haha 2

Just now, YouUnastanFren said:

YouTube promised atomic strikes from both feet and all we got was corners that went straight out of play and racism while he was out on loan.

When was this racism? I don't remember that at all! Though I do try my best to keep that period of time out of my head..

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

It's the best. 

Goodness me. Cold sweat time! I am convinced that we never even used to watch these people play football before parting with our funds!

Kozak is the one the gets me. I’m sure we just happened to notice that he had scored a few goals in Europe and thought that a sound basis for investing. What we failed to notice was the fact that he had the speed of a three legged sloth, the touch of a demented rhinoceros and the structural integrity of a dry leaf!

1 minute ago, ismail-villa said:

When was this racism? I don't remember that at all! Though I do try my best to keep that period of time out of my head..

He got a ban for being racist while he was on loan at Celtic iirc.

Can't remember the details but I think it was the final nail in the coffin of his Villa career.

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

With the bandanna as well. I remember his first preseason game as well at West Brom and Bozzie told him to lift hands above his head and face us, all the Villa fans, and we all cheered like school girls at a boy band concert.  I remember his girlfriend was super hot as well, wasn’t she a top model or something over there.  The good old days of exotic foreign players, now they are ten a penny.

I saw Savo along with the spectacular girl friend in Sainsbury’s once. The Sainsbury’s in Sutton was the darkest supermarket in history but Savo still had his aviators on. I was suitably impressed! No bandana though!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

He got a ban for being racist while he was on loan at Celtic iirc.

Can't remember the details but I think it was the final nail in the coffin of his Villa career.

Oh yeah I remember it vaguely now. 

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

Off topic but I was a VP blazer boy security guard at the time and was lucky enough to do the door to the players' lounge. 

Savo's girlfriend (now his wife) is called Vesna and yes she was a model. One time she rocked up in a crisp white blouse top tied at the waist and smart tight jeans. A simple combination but she looked a million bucks. She was also naturally pretty too.

I used to pop in to the lounge a few times just to gawp at her. Funniest time was Mark Bosnich - who, it appeared took Savo under his wing - was sitting with Savo, Vesna and Bosnich's current squeeze who totally looked like mutton dressed as lamb sat next to Vesna. She knew it as well, judging by the sour look on her face, not saying a word and occasionally giving Vesna filthy but envious glances !

preview_MG131535.jpg

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 3