Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I just don't see us doing anything crazy like that. 

I think he'll be in the mix if we part ways with Smith in the next 18 months.

Right now, it'd be very strange to sack Smith unless the guy coming in was a serious, obvious, clear step up. Gerrard isn't.

• Like 4

I am just amazed of the idea that someone is more genetically predispositioned to be assaulted by the likes of Ben Mee, I applaud the creativity behind that idea. I dont fully support it (well I actually do not at all) but its creative...

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I would ultimately want us to grow past McGinn. His best role is as an attacking midfielder getting into the box. I think we should be ending up with a player above McGinns level in that role. RF and CM are the areas we need to strengthen. JJ needs a loan move to play regular football. We need 2 new signings to go with the 4 players we've got in those positions.

Personally I think McGinns best role is box to box. As an attacking mid he lacks the quality to unlock the defense, and his hard work and desire to get stuck in are wasted further up. 

I wouldn’t loan JJ or sign any more than a defensive mid, As CC looks the dogs bollock and will be banging on the door. Luiz, McGinn, JJ, and Sanson will all be kept so 6 into 2 spots doesn't work. We need to give youth a chance, as forget saving money, when you have a talent as precocious as Carney Chukwuemeka you have to give him a chance. If he becomes a Billy big bollocks and throws it all away it's a risk we have to take, as he could become a talent we'd never be able to buy without being one of the top 10 clubs in the world like Jack. He must be given a chance as long as his attitude is right. 

Edited by Philosopher

Tammy would be a Martinez type signing I think. Tammy has the same desire to play regular football and we can offer him that. 

I'd take a front 3 of Grealish  Tammy  Watkins all day..

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I agree, mobility is an issue with him. He might just be good enough to work round it, I'm a big fan. He's definitely one of those players though I can see a PL side signing for £25m and he's shipped back out for nothing in two years.

I don’t think it is an issue for him, his mobility is what you expect from a proper DCM

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I don’t think it is an issue for him, his mobility is what you expect from a proper DCM

His mobility seems sufficient. However he wears the no 8 and is touted as a box to box mid. So not sure about this one.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

His mobility seems sufficient. However he wears the no 8 and is touted as a box to box mid. So not sure about this one.

No way is he box to box he doesn’t move from DCM unless he moves to centre back.

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

No way is he box to box he doesn’t move from DCM unless he moves to centre back.

Not from what I've seen on YouTube. But I don’t have any in depth knowledge. So I'll take your word for it.

57 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It's nice for any player to be able to get around the pitch.

Plucking three really good defensive midfielders from this season, Rice, Ndidi and Hjojberg all move much better than him.

You could look at Fabinho and Rodri though, I wouldn't say they're particularly mobile. They get along fine in the two best teams in the country.

Jorginho is someone he could look at as an example as a ball player deeper in midfield. He's got a much more imposing way about him than Jorginho as well.

He's a player I'd be excited if we signed, just not quite 100% convinced. 

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Not from what I've seen on YouTube. But I don’t have any in depth knowledge. So I'll take your word for it.

Well I don’t know what you have seen in terms of his play but he is generally in the two boxes for set pieces due to height and taking free kicks.

in open play he he does long range passes and recycles possession.

37 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's nice for any player to be able to get around the pitch.

Plucking three really good defensive midfielders from this season, Rice, Ndidi and Hjojberg all move much better than him.

You could look at Fabinho and Rodri though, I wouldn't say they're particularly mobile. They get along fine in the two best teams in the country.

Jorginho is someone he could look at as an example as a ball player deeper in midfield. He's got a much more imposing way about him than Jorginho as well.

He's a player I'd be excited if we signed, just not quite 100% convinced. 

But you don’t want him to be moving around like a box to box in a true DCM he’s a destroyer.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

But you don’t want him to be moving around like a box to box in a true DCM he’s a destroyer.

I want him to be all over the shop, wherever he's needed. Interesting you say destroyer as well, he's not that at all for me. More of a passer than a smasher.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Were we linked with any of our 5 summer signing? I remember us being linked with  Watkins for quite a while but I’m sure the other 4 came out the blue. I reckon the summer could be similar. 

Barkley, emi and traore def out of the blue. Cash i think there were whispers for a while