Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If Saint Maximin stays fit for a period and continues to improve. He will eventually get a very big move. The way he takes players on with both close control and pace is quite unique.  I’d put wager on him moving for big money summer after this one. 

I like him. I was hoping traore would be similar to him buy i think SM has more to his game but as you say he is never fit which is a issue

Koopmeiners reminds me of Ronald Koeman back in his playing days. Great passer and free kick taker, plays DM or CB but has absolutely no pace. If he was to come to Villa we would need to be set up differently so that his lack of pace wasn’t an issue.

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Signing a top quality striker to accept being second choice to Ollie or 'fighting for his place' as you put it  is easier said than done.

This is what Liverpool have struggled with for years. It isn't as easy as it sounds. This isn't football manager.

At the same time this is a squad game not a first XI game anymore.  All the times you whinge about Smith, do you think any of these top managers you keep harping on about replacing him in the future would be happy with one striker confirmed? with Wes unknown future fitness and Davis can’t get a game....of course not, they’d want options.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

At the same time this is a squad game not a first XI game anymore.  All the times you whinge about Smith, do you think any of these top managers you keep harping on about replacing him in the future would be happy with one striker confirmed? with Wes unknown future fitness and Davis can’t get a game....of course not, they’d want options.

We have options.

I am a big believer in Louie Barry as well and think he will be ready next season.

• Like 1

I have hopes for Louie Barry next season also. Carney Chukwuemeka could get blooded next season also.

I'd only spend big on a right winger and a defensive midfielder. Get in a competitive left back, then if anyone leaves other than those with expired contracts replace them.

That would be solid stable business.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, thabucks said:

I’ve just read Leicester have decided against the permanent signing of Cengiz Under - haven’t seen too much of him for them but talented RW at the right age now with a years experience of this league Under his belt ... Obviously surplus at Roma . Dejan Kulusevski from juventus is another shout for RW...  

Juventus paid 40 million for Kulusevski and see him as the future. Him or Chiesa wont be for sale 

13 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure I’m in agreement with spending a load of money on a striker when Watkins is performing so well. 

We’re not in a position where we can spend big money on back up players. In my opinion, we should be spending the larger sums on the positions that we’re weak in. For me, we should be looking at the following...

Martinez
Cash
Konsa
Mings
Targett
McGinn
Grealish
Watkins

There are 3 positions there that need strengthening - MC, AMR, AMC (depending on where you see Grealish playing). If we got those right, we’d have a really strong XI and the players playing now would become the squad players. Players like Traore, Sanson, Davis, Ramsey, Luiz all being options off the bench would be amazing. 

As much as I would love Tammy back, it’s not money well spent. Let’s go out and strengthen the areas of the first team that are weak now and maybe one day we’ll be able to afford to spend 50m on a player to compete with our 30m club record signing! 

I would ultimately want us to grow past McGinn. His best role is as an attacking midfielder getting into the box. I think we should be ending up with a player above McGinns level in that role. RF and CM are the areas we need to strengthen. JJ needs a loan move to play regular football. We need 2 new signings to go with the 4 players we've got in those positions.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Juventus paid 40 million for Kulusevski and see him as the future. Him or Chiesa wont be for sale 

Yeah thought as much after posting. Easy to get carried away with where we are in reality, in terms of attracting players... 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

This shit-site speculation about sacking Dean to replace him with Gerrard better be bollocks. 

I dont think I could ever bring myself to support a team with that scumbag managing us

• Like 1

We need more quality options not just first 11 but on bench because let's remember Sunday was the first time all season we've actually come back from a goal down to win a game in league all season. Indeed we only have 4 points from losing position all season so blunt truth is for vast majority of games whatever we've been putting on from 60th minute in games we've been losing isn't good enough to get us points.

To be top 6 team again in the future it's a quality we're going to have to learn so yes at minimum need an impact striker off bench who can quickly come on with 20 minutes left and pick up pace of game and cause opposition problems.

Davis was great at that on Sunday but wouldn't it be nice to have striker in squad who can do that AND score some goals.

Edited by VillaChris

4 hours ago, mallett said:

Koopmeiners reminds me of Ronald Koeman back in his playing days. Great passer and free kick taker, plays DM or CB but has absolutely no pace. If he was to come to Villa we would need to be set up differently so that his lack of pace wasn’t an issue.

I agree, mobility is an issue with him. He might just be good enough to work round it, I'm a big fan. He's definitely one of those players though I can see a PL side signing for £25m and he's shipped back out for nothing in two years.

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I doubt our owners are that stupid.

They largely sit back and let others do the hands on work it seems.

Purslow loves Gerrard. Hopefully Lange also has a direct line to the owners and could stop something like that happening out of the blue.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They largely sit back and let others do the hands on work it seems.

Purslow loves Gerrard. Hopefully Lange also has a direct line to the owners and could stop something like that happening out of the blue.

I just don't see us doing anything crazy like that.