Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

No chance Southampton sells Ward-Powse, let alone to us.  He's their Grealish, meaning best player, captain, talisman, and their his boyhood club.  He has no intention of leaving and they have no intention of selling him either.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

No chance Southampton sells Ward-Powse, let alone to us.  He's their Grealish, meaning best player, captain, talisman, and their his boyhood club.  He has no intention of leaving and they have no intention of selling him either.  

This is the problem, they normally are a selling club but he is one of their own so to speak so the price would be ridiculous.

The amount of work will depend on our final league position I think. Like Wolves, I'd worry that our squad is much to thin for a Europa League campaign. 

We have practically no cover at all in defence. You could argue that we need 2 fullbacks and CB. A big chunk of money will be taken up for ACM (whether that's Barkley or someone else) and depending on how Wesley comes back from his injury we will need another striker. 

With the costs involved, that's probably going to take another 2/3 windows. 

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Jordan Amavi - LB - Marseille (will be free transfer in summer 2021)

Emiliano Buendia - AM/RW - Norwich

Amavi I liked, however I am sure I read an article somewhere a few weeks back stating that he wouldn't come back to Villa. (Not in a negative stance though)

Buendia I feel would be another player who would be a good addition to our right side. He would cost a few quid to lure from Norwich I feel.

Two good players from your list though that I agree would be good signings.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How much do you reckon saint Maximin would cost? Would love to see him at Villa.

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I echo @Vive_La_Villa on St. Maximin.

If he was at a normal club he would probably be unattainable but Mike Ashley is at the wheel and usually ready for some cash.

Great shout on Saint-Maximin and he would be a great signing.

He wouldn't be cheap but he would be a very good signing.

At first, I would offer Ashley £25m and see what happens...   :P

Mentioned him the other week but think Romain Saiss on a free end of the season would be a really smart pick up.

Wolves best defender when I've seen them this season and he can also fill in at DM. They even had him playing left back the other week for some reason so given we will probably need a CB in summer and some sort of decent backup for Targett it would make sense to me and we divert bigger funds to another area of the pitch.

I have been impressed by Robinson, the LB for Fulham who's stepped up well to premier league like Matty Cash so can see him being a target with Fulham a fair bit off safety now.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Amavi I liked, however I am sure I read an article somewhere a few weeks back stating that he wouldn't come back to Villa. (Not in a negative stance though)

I read that article as well mate.

Beyond the headline, it was Birmingham Live clickbait, he was joking about is Dad saying he would never come back due to the food, or weather. Something along those lines.

• Like 1

At the risk of starting the Brentford thread again (😆) Ivan Toney would be a great foil to Ollie. He’s scored 22 in 27 in the Champ and I would imagine we could get him for a half decent price... or we could wait and see and then he’ll probs be more £££.

No to the likes of JWP and ASM from me, the value will never be there 

More random foreigners that we've never heard of that are well scouted and for various reasons good deals 

Or youngsters from the championship 

Especially if like we've said about sanson we feel like we have the time to bring them in to the team slowly and properly 

Serious question - who was the last first team regular starter that we bought from another PL team? Nzogbia? 

Edited by villa4europe

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No to the likes of JWP and ASM from me, the value will never be there 

More random foreigners that we've never heard of that are well scouted and for various reasons good deals 

Or youngsters from the championship 

Especially if like we've said about sanson we feel like we have the time to bring them in to the team slowly and properly 

Serious question - who was the last first team regular starter that we bought from another PL team? Nzogbia? 

Cant remember if Targett was Premier League or Championship for Fulham when we bought him.

James Ward Prowse is a younger Milner. Great engine! His set pieces are Beckham esque. Have you seen his stats on free kicks it's crazy. Would love him but he just signed a new contract in the summer for 4 years so would cost mega money! Not going to happen. 

Vestergaard has been better for Soton than VVD was for them in his first season, he has crazy potential. 

Edited by Lord Willard

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Cant remember if Targett was Premier League or Championship for Fulham when we bought him.

He was Southampton back up when we bought him 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Pretty sure he was at Southampton at that point. Seem to remember Fulham fans discussing the transfer.

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I read that article as well mate.

he was joking about is Dad saying he would never come back due to the food, or weather. Something along those lines.

Yes! That's the one pal.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes! That's the one pal.

It's perplexing and sad that people want him back anyway. Can we move on from these let's bring back old players that have no interest or in other cases past it. It's Roy of the Rovers misplaced nostalgic nonsense every time