Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

30 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Also an other bargain from the French league 

Houssem Aouar - 23 Brilliant and another one with a high high ceiling. Apparently Lyon want just £25m for him  

Would prefer his teammate Lucas Paqueta, but doubt he is available. Check out his goal from earlier today: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Ligue 1 is F***ed financially and Rennes is one of the sufferers, so they're likely to sell at a reasonable price  £40m aint too bad with his potential   

We go on about our owners, well check out Rennes. They definitely sell players as part of their financial strategy but they aren't hard up like that. 

SmartSelect_20210822-083110_Wikipedia.jpg

4 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Would prefer his teammate Lucas Paqueta

Would love Paqueta as our No10 but as someone put on here a while back he’s only just signed a new contract last year so not sure they’d want to sell him. Lyon have some decent players to be fair. Cherki is another one of theirs I’d take too. 

If we’re throwing suggestions around, Christopher Nkunku would be a good shout as he plays AM/LW and has some crazy stats. Wicked set piece taker too. 

For DM I’d like Sarr as there just seems to be something about him. Failing this though I’d like us to go for Tchouameni at Monaco.

29 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I am still concerned about our inability to create chances. I saw a stat on MOTD saying we had 2 shots on target, which I assume are the Ings goal and Mings’ header that hit Lascelles’ arm for the penalty.

Its great that we look dangerous from set pieces, but we lack something in midfield in terms of creativity. We’ve got a lot of box to box midfielders who run and run, but don’t unlock defences. No idea what the answer is. Maybe it’ll change when we have Bailey in the team and Buendia settles in a bit more, but I’m not sure.

Bottom 3 in terms of non-penalty expected goals so far. Especially concerning considering the teams lower than us are only there because they have only played 1 game. And keep in mind we've only faced Watford and Newcastle.

I'm not too concerned yet since we have Watkins, Bailey and Traore coming back. But its a potential cause for concern.

• Like 2

Don't really know much about him but apparently Jonathan Ikoné is available if we want a 'No.10', seems like he can play wide as well so would fit the criteria of versatile attacking midfielder.

56 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Also an other bargain from the French league 

Houssem Aouar - 23 Brilliant and another one with a high high ceiling. Apparently Lyon want just £25m for him  

I would love for us to get this guy too but apparently has a bad attitude which is partly why his fee is so low. Also, his brother supposedly ruined the Arsenal deal because he was demanding £10 million as an agent fee. But that could all just be a bunch of nonsense.

20 minutes ago, burchy said:

Would love Paqueta as our No10 but as someone put on here a while back he’s only just signed a new contract last year so not sure they’d want to sell him. Lyon have some decent players to be fair. Cherki is another one of theirs I’d take too. 

If we’re throwing suggestions around, Christopher Nkunku would be a good shout as he plays AM/LW and has some crazy stats. Wicked set piece taker too. 

For DM I’d like Sarr as there just seems to be something about him. Failing this though I’d like us to go for Tchouameni at Monaco.

Nkunku is a bit undersized but I think he would be the perfect creative replacement for Grealish.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I would love for us to get this guy too but apparently has a bad attitude which is partly why his fee is so low. Also, his brother supposedly ruined the Arsenal deal because he was demanding £10 million as an agent fee. But that could all just be a bunch of nonsense.

I don’t know about that. But he’s clearly good and as a player he would be a great addition to what we got 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Sounds like something Arsenal would come out with to justify missing out on yet another target. Could be true though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

Both Winks and Loftus-Cheek are better than Hourihane, but neither would come to us just to be his replacement in the squad, we don't really need to replace Hourihane we've got plenty of youngsters to do that, if we sign another midfielder it needs to be one that can improve the starting elevel. Ndombele would be our best midfielder.

On paper maybe, but work rate and fitness wise not a chance. We couldn’t afford to have someone come in a demand the wages he would with big questions over his commitment. If he’s not happy and performing on a rumoured 200k a week at spurs I don’t want him anywhere near Villa

2 hours ago, useless said:

Both Winks and Loftus-Cheek are better than Hourihane, but neither would come to us just to be his replacement in the squad, we don't really need to replace Hourihane we've got plenty of youngsters to do that, if we sign another midfielder it needs to be one that can improve the starting elevel. Ndombele would be our best midfielder.

Spurs want 50 million from Ndombele and are speaking to Bayern Munich about him. Zero chance of a loan move

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Ligue 1 is F***ed financially and Rennes is one of the sufferers, so they're likely to sell at a reasonable price  £40m aint too bad with his potential   

Rennes are probably one of the teams in a good financial position

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Because he's barely played a game for us.

Because Smith played Elmo ahead of him 

Because Smith purchased a player for £16m in his position.

There's 3 reasons for starters. In his defence lots of the fans seem to like him.

In that case why did we keep Taylor for so long? He barely played. We kept him as back up as we had no other left backs. Hause and Mings could both have covered there. If Cash is injured will we play a centre back there? Maybe, or move Young across. What if Cash and Targett are both injured? It makes no sense to sell him unless he is replaced. Why bother though? He has one year left on his contract and next year I can see Kesler-Hayden being back up right back in his place. I haven't heard anything about him leaving apart from people on here and I can't see the club letting him go. As I said earlier, if he doesn't play at Barrow it will tell us a lot.