Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

56 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Demarai Gray seems a steal for £1.5m for Everton even if he is inconsistent and a bluenose.

I wanted him at Villa when he left Leicester, Villa lad as well. I guess though we have Bidence coming through.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I wanted him at Villa when he left Leicester, Villa lad as well. I guess though we have Bidence coming through.

Villa lad? I'm sure I've seen him do an interview previously where he said the one club he would never want to play for is Villa due to being a nose.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Villa lad? I'm sure I've seen him do an interview previously where he said the one club he would never want to play for is Villa due to being a nose.

No definitely a Villa lad, as is Redmond.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

But we haven't been on a level to possibly even consider talking about really good players for so long. @DaveAV1 touched on it yesterday I think about having ready made high level players, it's such a fine line for us because our midfield is somewhere around mid table, YET!! I hear some say but we have a chance right now to capitalise on passing a possible Kane less spurs that would be bang average and a shite Arsenal. 

But as I've said it's a fine line, some days I wake up thinking the above and some days I love the idea of nurturing and building a player ourselves rather then spend a fortune. 

I suppose it’s about getting the right balance @Phil Silvers between now and the future. Live for today but keep one eye on the future sort of thing. 

The thing that the right sort of quality player, with a bit more experience,  brings is not just what he brings to matches but what he gives to the younger players. Playing with better players around you has all the obvious advantages but it’s the things that we perhaps don’t see that can be a huge bonus for the future.

The club is steadily growing, players are individually improving both as players and as team mates. “Be a good team mate”, is one is Dean’s favourite phrases. I think the club take this type of philosophy seriously. We’re putting together a group of people, from NSWE, senior members of staff, coaches, recruitment, analytics guys, commercial staff, groundsmen, maintenance guys and of course don’t forget Doris, who are all pulling in the same direction. Whatever their individual role may be, large or small, they’re all singing off the same hymn sheet. 

I think this is a very exciting time for the club. Of course people in such a large group will have various individual needs and ambitions, but they have to be achieved under the broad spectrum of what the club is trying to achieve. If that’s not possible then there’s always a club somewhere, possibly in the north west, that might be more suited to the individual in question. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

But the players our fans crave are likely the same and we don’t discuss their limitations because we’ve barely watched them and rave about the positives.  So many of the players fans have wanted over the years have gone onto to do nothing at a mid to lower level but at the time fans thought they were perfect for us.

Agreed. Watching a player on a 2 mins highlight reel /MOTD is quite different from 90 mins week in week out. I feel Pereira is a perfect example. Had a good game against us and suddenly fans are clamoring for him, like he is the solution to our wide problems. His stats don't add up and in reality is more like el ghazi rather than Bailey quality. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I suppose it’s about getting the right balance @Phil Silvers between now and the future. Live for today but keep one eye on the future sort of thing. 

The thing that the right sort of quality player, with a bit more experience,  brings is not just what he brings to matches but what he gives to the younger players. Playing with better players around you has all the obvious advantages but it’s the things that we perhaps don’t see that can be a huge bonus for the future.

The club is steadily growing, players are individually improving both as players and as team mates. “Be a good team mate”, is one is Dean’s favourite phrases. I think the club take this type of philosophy seriously. We’re putting together a group of people, from NSWE, senior members of staff, coaches, recruitment, analytics guys, commercial staff, groundsmen, maintenance guys and of course don’t forget Doris, who are all pulling in the same direction. Whatever their individual role may be, large or small, they’re all singing off the same hymn sheet. 

I think this is a very exciting time for the club. Of course people in such a large group will have various individual needs and ambitions, but they have to be achieved under the broad spectrum of what the club is trying to achieve. If that’s not possible then there’s always a club somewhere, possibly in the north west, that might be more suited to the individual in question. 

You have a habit of saying what I'm thinking a lot better than I do. Bang on pal.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Agreed. Watching a player on a 2 mins highlight reel /MOTD is quite different from 90 mins week in week out. I feel Pereira is a perfect example. Had a good game against us and suddenly fans are clamoring for him, like he is the solution to our wide problems. His stats don't add up and in reality is more like el ghazi rather than Bailey quality. 

This, plus as it turns out Pereira is a complete prick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Is it? I thought they were all fleeing to places  like Cornwall and Shropshire?

Prem footballers don't even know where that is mate. 

PS: Shropshire is a shithole (I'm from Cornwall :D)

16 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Spot on.

I also think people sometimes ignore the benefit that a younger player might get by going out on loan to a less pressured environment and getting regular minutes.  Billy Gilmour will go out to Norwich and play 30 games + this season and come back to Chelski a much better player (as Mount did before him), where he will either be capable of participating or will be sold for decent money.  Harvey Elliott had a great experience at Blackburn and is now back and keeping Thiago on the bench. 

The big clubs don't stop their buying to allow the kids to come through, they continue to bring in quality and then challenge their youngsters to be better than that quality or, worst case, sell them on for decent fees.  I hope that we are about to start acting like a big club!  There are pathways as Elliott and Curtis are showing at Liverpool and Foden is showing at Citeh but there should not be guarantees and the development plan/pathway should always be tailored to suit the individual.  I think the development of our youth alongside continued strong recruitment and development of our coach/manager will define how successful NSWE will be and there is no room for romanticism in there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

A shithole which has had a 20% price increase in the last year apparently. 

Shropshire is a very underestimated county in my opinion. I used to love a trip to Ironbridge. 

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Shropshire is a very underestimated county in my opinion. I used to love a trip to Ironbridge. 

Shropshire is a nice area, just avoid Telford, even the dogs walk around in pairs around here 🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Was in a village near Market Drayton a few weeks ago for a funeral and it’s glorious countryside all the way out to the Welsh border. 

Not very transfer related… 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Was in a village near Market Drayton a few weeks ago for a funeral and it’s glorious countryside all the way out to the Welsh border. 

Not very transfer related… 

Brum Mail - “Villa in Market for Drayton.”

• Haha 3