Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But the players our fans crave are likely the same and we don’t discuss their limitations because we’ve barely watched them and rave about the positives.  So many of the players fans have wanted over the years have gone onto to do nothing at a mid to lower level but at the time fans thought they were perfect for us.

But we haven't been on a level to possibly even consider talking about really good players for so long. @DaveAV1 touched on it yesterday I think about having ready made high level players, it's such a fine line for us because our midfield is somewhere around mid table, YET!! I hear some say but we have a chance right now to capitalise on passing a possible Kane less spurs that would be bang average and a shite Arsenal. 

But as I've said it's a fine line, some days I wake up thinking the above and some days I love the idea of nurturing and building a player ourselves rather then spend a fortune. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Luiz and McGinn last season we won games. Do they not count?

Not good enough for where we want to go in my opinion. SJM needs to play further forwards to be at his most effective. As a holder, in a two, he is ineffective.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

But we haven't been on a level to possibly even consider talking about really good players for so long. @DaveAV1 touched on it yesterday I think about having ready made high level players, it's such a fine line for us because our midfield is somewhere around mid table, YET!! I hear some say but we have a chance right now to capitalise on passing a possible Kane less spurs that would be bang average and a shite Arsenal. 

But as I've said it's a fine line, some days I wake up thinking the above and some days I love the idea of nurturing and building a player ourselves rather then spend a fortune. 

Exactly the feelings i have Phil.  I do my back of a fag packet dream transfer window and can transform us into a scary scary team for a net spend of £60 mill and push for top 4  . And then scrub it off and think what if by the end of the season Jacob Carney and Jaden have exploded into life and we are seeing them push us top 8. I really don't know what i would love more . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rolta said:

It works the other way too...a lot of players we're linked to (ASM, JWP) it seems are massively underrated by fans who seem genuinely to have not seen them play.

I agree, fans seem unbalanced on other players in good and bad ways but most of the time assume their view is correct and don’t understand why the club aren’t after them.

14 minutes ago, Rolta said:

It works the other way too...a lot of players we're linked to (ASM, JWP) it seems are massively underrated by fans who seem genuinely to have not seen them play. But then I haven't seen them play much either, so what do I know?

Most fans I've seen rate both pretty highly. The only person on here who I've seen dislike ASM for example is just Kiwi/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Exactly the feelings i have Phil.  I do my back of a fag packet dream transfer window and can transform us into a scary scary team for a net spend of £60 mill and push for top 4  . And then scrub it off and think what if by the end of the season Jacob Carney and Jaden have exploded into life and we are seeing them push us top 8. I really don't know what i would love more . 

We want success after being starved of it for so long, Deano and Lange have to play big boys football manager unlike us, I'm not sure which way I'd prefer either, I just want success.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

We want success after being starved of it for so long, Deano and Lange have to play big boys football manager unlike us, I'm not sure which way I'd prefer either, I just want success.

I thought I was on Blue Moon forum for a second 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Been linked to Abdou Harroui of Sparta Rotterdam. Midfielder and Dutch U21. 6 goals and 3 assists last season. 1 year left on contract. Any Dutch fans know anymore about him? 

Don't know much about him but a quick google says he's a defensive midfielder with 1 year left on his contract. Also seems like he's going to Forest, so may have been someone further down on our list of potentials below Sarr, Doucoure etc.

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Demarai Gray seems a steal for £1.5m for Everton even if he is inconsistent and a bluenose.

If we'd signed Gray and Townsend instead of Bailey Buendia Ings before Watford game people on here would've lost their minds but we lost to Watford and people lost their minds. Talking about Gray as a missed signing because of recent results is known in FPL circles as chasing last week's points

• Like 3

Abdou Harroui doesn't really make sense as a target for me. He turns 24 in January so he's not a young prospect and I can't imagine he's someone who'll improve our current starting 11.

We already have numbers in midfield, what we could do with is a top quality midfielder who's a clear improvement or offers something different to the ones we have. Can't see this guy being that player.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I thought I was on Blue Moon forum for a second 

He’s being realistic. If Citeh came in for Watkins before deadline day do you think he’d want to stay here?

I think we all want to see our youth come through and develop to the highest degree possible, beyond that loyalty to player X or Y is a suckers game. Would’ve thought we’d all learned that this summer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Abdou Harroui doesn't really make sense as a target for me. He turns 24 in January so he's not a young prospect and I can't imagine he's someone who'll improve our current starting 11.

We already have numbers in midfield, what we could do with is a top quality midfielder who's a clear improvement or offers something different to the ones we have. Can't see this guy being that player.

He’s going to Notts Forest mate, not us.