Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

14 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

but why not? The names I said were just examples. What I’m saying is that these elite teams have very bloated squads and we may get a loan that improves our current midfield options. I wouldn’t rule it out.

Because none of them are better than what we have..anyone that comes in has to be good enough to push a starting 11 player to the bench?

4 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Because none of them are better than what we have..anyone that comes in has to be good enough to push a starting 11 player to the bench?

so you think none of those names or a top midfield loan can take the place if Hourihane in the squad? Even the names I used as examples improve on him. 

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Don’t think you read my original post correctly. They were examples. Again, a top player loan from a top club (home or abroad) should not be discounted. Most of us raved about the Barkley loan last summer. Now that one didn’t work out in the end but a high calibre loan can be useful, especially in our midfield. Hourihane is not going to be a useful option this season, so I would rather take his place with someone that can contribute. 

I did read your post but given you quoted examples of the type of player you were thinking then no.  Obviously you said “type” but then quoted really bad examples.

To improve us we need much better than that otherwise we are just replacing one bench warmer in Conor with another whose loan fee and wages will be really high who will also sit on the bench.

I don’t mind loans just the ones we are likely to get as shown by examples you put out there are not good enough.  Maybe we can loan a top player from abroad because that team are in financial trouble or something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

so you think none of those names or a top midfield loan can take the place if Hourihane in the squad? Even the names I used as examples improve on him. 

Not good enough to push for a 1st team place plus a high loan fee and silly wages, no thanks

Edited by nick76

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I'm replying to the exact examples you provided, no none of them are an upgrade on hourihane. Now if Bissouma or Kante were available for loan the yes I would advocate doing what you suggested.

Also signing players to help the other team sell them is a short team strategy. We need to avoid doing this as far as possible. Loans generally on benefit the loaning side in the longer term. Unless you get an option to buy agreed.

• Like 1

Both Winks and Loftus-Cheek are better than Hourihane, but neither would come to us just to be his replacement in the squad, we don't really need to replace Hourihane we've got plenty of youngsters to do that, if we sign another midfielder it needs to be one that can improve the starting elevel. Ndombele would be our best midfielder.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I think a win was always going to lend to this way of thinking. But I think it's accurate. Get the first 11 on song then target any weak spots with huge cashola at the soonest opportunity.

I know what you’re saying, but I would’ve probably said the same had we lost as I feel once we have everyone fit and ready we have the best squad we’ve had in a long time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Why do people think Guilbert will be sold? If he goes we will have no back up for right back. Yes we have Young, Konsa and Tuanzebe who can play there but surely we want two players for each position?

Because the guy can't even make the bench. Very clear Smith does not rate him at all.

If Cash gets injured, I'm fairly sure the pecking order after him is some order of Tuanzebe, Konsa and Young and even if they're all unvailable then I half expect Smith to recall Kesler instead of giving Guilbert a game.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Because the guy can't even make the bench. Very clear Smith does not rate him at all.

If Cash gets injured, I'm fairly sure the pecking order after him is some order of Tuanzebe, Konsa and Young and even if they're all unvailable then I half expect Smith to recall Kesler instead of giving Guilbert a game.

Fair enough, I guess the barrow game will be the biggest clue!

Yves Bissouma was exceptional against Watford. He looked like the real deal yesterday and has probably added 10/15 million to his asking price in just two games.

I didn't think he was the finished article last season although he had some outstanding qualities, but I was wrong. He's now a CM who can win matches for his team with his dominating performance.

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Yves Bissouma was exceptional against Watford.

He really could be the final piece of the jigsaw. 

He’d be worth every penny. 

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

Yves Bissouma was exceptional against Watford. He looked like the real deal yesterday and has probably added 10/15 million to his asking price in just two games.

I didn't think he was the finished article last season although he had some outstanding qualities, but I was wrong. He's now a CM who can win matches for his team with his dominating performance.

Yes he is possibly beyond us now. Brighton paid £15m for him three years ago and he is probably now worth 4x that! We need to target the new Bissouma and develop him. 

• Like 1

Fabio Carvalho an 18 year old Winger/Attacking Midfielder for Fulham is a player i hope Villa are monitoring.

Born in Lisbon, Portugal but has represented England at U16, U17 & U18 level

He's looking a very promising prospect.

He was a youth player at Benfica from 2010-2013

4 goals in 6 first team games for Fulham

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Yes he is possibly beyond us now. Brighton paid £15m for him three years ago and he is probably now worth 4x that! We need to target the new Bissouma and develop him. 

Agreed. It would be a sideways move and he’d want to leave as soon as a club in europe came for him.

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Fabio Carvalho an 18 year old Winger/Attacking Midfielder for Fulham is a player i hope Villa are monitoring.

Born in Lisbon, Portugal but has represented England at U16, U17 & U18 level

He's looking a very promising prospect.

He was a youth player at Benfica from 2010-2013

4 goals in 6 first team games for Fulham

He’s exceptional, for sure. 

On 21/08/2021 at 11:15, striker said:

As one of my mates has suggested Berge at Sheffield Utd would be a decent purchase for Villa. Rumour is they are looking 20m for him.

like with Brewster, the have over spent on them players, I fear they won't recover those outlays.

9 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

apparently, they are not out there....

I say, they are if you look and determined to get one.

20 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Boubacar Kamara - 21 and a fantastic player already, also touted to have a high high ceiling. Probably available for around £25m-£30m   

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2