Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

12 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Genuinely one of the only players I know that I’d spend 50/60m on. 

If no other team comes in for him, we may have the smallest chance of signing him towards the end of the window.

Superb player and perfect for us. 

Just watched him on motd. He is so good. He would really help bring control and continuity to our play. It would also stuff Brighton up who I think will have a good season. 
For those people who don’t think we need a central midfield player I urge you to watch Bissouma play. He is the complete midfielder.

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Just watched him on motd. He is so good. He would really help bring control and continuity to our play. It would also stuff Brighton up who I think will have a good season. 
For those people who don’t think we need a central midfield player I urge you to watch Bissouma play. He is the complete midfielder.

He will go to a top team for sure. 

I see little to no chance in us signing him. But, if nobody has come in for him towards the end, I think the club should throw 50/60m at Brighton and see what they say. We’d have to offer him at least 125k a week too. 

• Like 1

I’ve got to be honest, I’ve got to the point where I would rather we don’t sign anymore players this summer if the club can’t get their targets.

I love a new signing as much as the next guy, but if we’re not getting in players that will improve us then I don’t see the point of us inflating the wage bill.

Lets get to January, it’s the midfield that looks the most ‘concerning’ so we can re-assess then. While it’s not the best time to buy players, with FFP you tend to find that a lot of clubs need to sell to buy so there are bargains to be had.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I’ve got to be honest, I’ve got to the point where I would rather we don’t sign anymore players this summer if the club can’t get their targets.

I love a new signing as much as the next guy, but if we’re not getting in players that will improve us then I don’t see the point of us inflating the wage bill.

Lets get to January, it’s the midfield that looks the most ‘concerning’ so we can re-assess then. While it’s not the best time to buy players, with FFP you tend to find that a lot of clubs need to sell to buy so there are bargains to be had.

I think a win was always going to lend to this way of thinking. But I think it's accurate. Get the first 11 on song then target any weak spots with huge cashola at the soonest opportunity.

I think we won’t see any new faces until perhaps the last day of the window. It’s all cat and mouse at present as selling clubs know we have money. However, there are plenty of clubs (home & abroad) right now who are in a mess financially due to Covid etc. The wage bill of some clubs is unsustainable and they will need to offload.

Agents will be pushing moves right until deadline. We may find ourselves loaning a couple of big names, especially if a couple of ours leave.  A “Barkley” type loan if you will.

The elite teams have bloated squads, we just need to be patient. 

9 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Surely the system we have in place is designed to prevent this of ever happening. I really can't see the club buying any player they don't feel will improve us

• Like 1

Even if we don’t sign anybody it would still be good to see some leave. AEG, Connor, Guilbert, Wesley, Davis. None of those guys are going to play a huge part this season and all can be covered from elsewhere if required. It would all help with ffp and give us greater flexibility in the future.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Even if we don’t sign anybody it would still be good to see some leave. AEG, Connor, Guilbert, Wesley, Davis. None of those guys are going to play a huge part this season and all can be covered from elsewhere if required. It would all help with ffp and give us greater flexibility in the future.

Yeah, as Dean said, we can't just stockpile players. 

We need to move some of these out of the club. 

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think Smith likes AEG too much so I doubt he’s going, Davis is injured so unlikely him going.  Connor and Freddie maybe. I don’t think Wes will go because of the investment we put into him so they obviously seen something initially and I guess they’ll want to see if that’s there although how he gets game time I don’t know.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think Smith likes AEG too much so I doubt he’s going, Davis is injured so unlikely him going.  Connor and Freddie maybe. I don’t think Wes will go because of the investment we put into him so they obviously seen something initially and I guess they’ll want to see if that’s there although how he gets game time I don’t know.

Maybe a loan for Wes would work best? Get his wages covered and hopefully see him find some form playing elsewhere.

• Like 1

Would anyone be happy if we perhaps get a Loftus-Cheek, Ampadu, Winks, Ndombele type loan on the final day of the window?

Can see this type of loan happening if we shift a couple ourselves in the next week or so. 

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Would anyone be happy if we perhaps get a Loftus-Cheek, Ampadu, Winks, Ndombele type loan on the final day of the window?

Can see this type of loan happening if we shift a couple ourselves in the next week or so. 

No

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

No

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

No

but why not? The names I said were just examples. What I’m saying is that these elite teams have very bloated squads and we may get a loan that improves our current midfield options. I wouldn’t rule it out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

I know what you mean about loans. I think there would be some decent players available on loan. I wonder whether Fulham would be tempted to loan Anguissa? Some foreign clubs who are having financial difficulty might be open to shifting some players on loan.

Sander Berge on loan for a season could work well for all parties - Gets his wages off their books, he showcases his talents and either proves himself so we buy him or he goes back next summer … 

Just now, ferguson1 said:

but why not? The names I said were just examples. What I’m saying is that these elite teams have very bloated squads and we may get a loan that improves our current midfield options. I wouldn’t rule it out.

Because the names you mentioned aren’t good enough for our team so what’s the point. Plus Spurs aren’t an elite team.  If you’re bringing in a loan it’s to benefit the team, none of those do at all even as back up.

If it’s a loan that improves the team then great but not cast offs.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Because the names you mentioned aren’t good enough for our team so what’s the point. Plus Spurs aren’t an elite team.  If you’re bringing in a loan it’s to benefit the team, none of those do at all even as back up.

If it’s a loan that improves the team then great but not cast offs.

Don’t think you read my original post correctly. They were examples. Again, a top player loan from a top club (home or abroad) should not be discounted. Most of us raved about the Barkley loan last summer. Now that one didn’t work out in the end but a high calibre loan can be useful, especially in our midfield. Hourihane is not going to be a useful option this season, so I would rather take his place with someone that can contribute. 

• Like 1