Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Yes he is possibly beyond us now. Brighton paid £15m for him three years ago and he is probably now worth 4x that! We need to target the new Bissouma and develop him. 

I agree mate, the only issue being that it took them a couple of seasons to make him consistent and develop him. Time is not something us villa fans like to give, look at luiz everyone was raving about him after lockdown  and worried Man City would want him back then his form dropped and a number of fans had written him off. An even more drastic example is sanson, played a handful of games and got injured now there are a few that are not convinced by him and want him to be replaced, we should give him a chance and see what he can do imo. I think our best bet is to get an experienced dm that can come in and do a job, replacing Nakamba in the squad, whilst letting us further develop luiz and some of the youth players

3 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

In that case why did we keep Taylor for so long? He barely played. We kept him as back up as we had no other left backs. Hause and Mings could both have covered there. If Cash is injured will we play a centre back there? Maybe, or move Young across. What if Cash and Targett are both injured? It makes no sense to sell him unless he is replaced. Why bother though? He has one year left on his contract and next year I can see Kesler-Hayden being back up right back in his place. I haven't heard anything about him leaving apart from people on here and I can't see the club letting him go. As I said earlier, if he doesn't play at Barrow it will tell us a lot.

That all may be true.

The point I was responding to was:-

"what makes people Guilbert will be sold"

I just listed a few reasons why people might think he could be sold.

Whether it makes sense to you really doesn't come in to it.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

That all may be true.

Quite right, fair response!

• Like 1

Be interested to see how Monaco & PSV get on this week in the 2nd legs of the champs league playoffs… Will obviously have an effect on players availability if they do not progress. The real tube DM for both spring to mind. 

Also Dinamo Zagreb have a very talented player to keep an eye on in Luka Ivanusec he’s technically  very good and Versatile. 

38 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

got a feeling a couple of sales might happen and a big signing is on the way.not itk. just optimistic

You had better be Nostradamus because we need some more players!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Genuinely one of the only players I know that I’d spend 50/60m on. 

If no other team comes in for him, we may have the smallest chance of signing him towards the end of the window.

Superb player and perfect for us. 

Be great if it happened, would be an unbelievable signing if we pulled it off. Sadly no links to him in the media but again there were none for Ings too until he signed 

6 hours ago, hippo said:

That all may be true.

Young is cover for LB and RB and is ahead if Guilbert in the pecking order. 

sadly I think Freddy will leave but I would like to keep him, there’s a good player in there 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

probably zero chance he gets a work permit

Yeah I know sadly…  he’ll no doubt end up at Citeh lol. Been told he is a player to keep an eye on in the game and is destined for a big move somewhere. 

Would Thiago Mendes not be an option?

Was on bench for Lyon today and we obviously did business with them last summer. Was really good at Lille and made the Brazil squad a couple of times.

Honestly think a year's loan for experienced player in 28-30 range wouldn't be a bad option as we've obviously missed out on our main target Ward Prowse and now we seem to be looking at projects in 20-25 year old range so would rather get an experienced head in for what is key position and then look again next summer.

Edited by VillaChris