Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Donyell Malen please NSWE

Hits stats are impressive...good age too.

pace is something else wouldn't go amiss.

Edited by TRO

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Hits stats are impressive...good age too.

pace is something else wouldn't go amiss.

Attainable too. I believe this summer we have an amazing chance to build the side we’ve been dreaming of. Everything has gone to plan since the takeover, season-on-season the aims have been met. This next step is the most exciting. Drop £30m on these next level players, to add to what we already have and we can get right back amongst it at the top end of the table. Think we’ll be looking towards breaking into the top 6 next season for sure. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sne said:

Or how a lot of us were exited with Barkley coming here and he turned out to be garbage. 

Alli would be a massive gamble with big fee and wages. Loan with set price to buy would be the way to go with him if we are interested.

As for Lingard I'm doubtful he will keep this level of points scoring next season but he's been a great loan for Wet spam. 

Barkley wasn't too bad in first 6-7 games. Completely fell off the cliff since coming back in January but feels a bit odd just to say never to sign another of that type again just because one has flopped. What about all those boy wonders we signed under Lambert, hasn't stopped us doing the same again last two years and thankfully with a bit of patience many of them have now stepped up.

It's interesting to look back at 2006. We were a poor team with the odd good player like Barry and Mellberg. O'Neill came in and added Petrov, Carson, Carew, Reo-Coker and Young. That's pretty much all we added in his first two seasons yet we went from 16th to 6th in two years so we're at similar point now to where we were in his first season when we finished 11th buty you could see we were on the right path.

A little bit more nous and quality never hurt an emerging team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Attainable too. I believe this summer we have an amazing chance to build the side we’ve been dreaming of. Everything has gone to plan since the takeover, season-on-season the aims have been met. This next step is the most exciting. Drop £30m on these next level players, to add to what we already have and we can get right back amongst it at the top end of the table. Think we’ll be looking towards breaking into the top 6 next season for sure. 

Want to break into top 6 next season we will have to drop more than 30 mill on a player in certain areas.. Want to entertain Europe for longer than a couple of rounds all while keeping a top 6 league place secure we will certainly need a more physical, stamina more energy capped player. When you look at what we would need just to entertain Europe and keep a spot amongst the top in our league then our Owners will indeed have to spend and wages will increase.

We still have a decent portion of our main 25 man roster that is no where near the standard of keeping a regular top 6 place, then were needing that squad to perform amongst Europe's elite. We need an amazing Summer window and our Owners to spend as much as they can each window from now on.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TRO said:

I have not seen him enough to know, but I will bow to your better knowledge on him or the type.

if he is like Declan......Yes please.

In such a case, I would move McGinn and Luiz further forward and not buy a creative midfielder, a winger yes.....but I think Luiz and McGinn would be fine in a more natural role.....I would bring in a CDM like you mention.

I like Rice he is pure DCM he doesn’t even pretend to get forward which is what Koopmeiners is.

Koopmeiners has the added benefit of having a good long passing range, takes free kicks and pens which is where most of his goals come from and he is a big lad too so handy for corners in both boxes.

I should be his agent.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Donyell Malen please NSWE

He has been on my radar for a bit now, I like how he moves in from the wing a bit like Henry did early on in his career.

if we were looking in January we may have got him but the big boys are supposed to be interested now.

6 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Ambitious on the top six but it’s not a bad thing 

I too think there is a lot of talent in our price range and we are attractive enough to obtain them.

my expectation if we obtained half a dozen of these players is we finish top half without a sweat, take the cup competitions seriously and hopefully tag on to the back end of the top 6 with a team developing for a push in 22/23 and reassess at the end of that season hat we are as a club.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Barkley wasn't too bad in first 6-7 games. Completely fell off the cliff since coming back in January but feels a bit odd just to say never to sign another of that type again just because one has flopped. What about all those boy wonders we signed under Lambert, hasn't stopped us doing the same again last two years and thankfully with a bit of patience many of them have now stepped up.

It's interesting to look back at 2006. We were a poor team with the odd good player like Barry and Mellberg. O'Neill came in and added Petrov, Carson, Carew, Reo-Coker and Young. That's pretty much all we added in his first two seasons yet we went from 16th to 6th in two years so we're at similar point now to where we were in his first season when we finished 11th buty you could see we were on the right path.

A little bit more nous and quality never hurt an emerging team.

I wouldn’t be totally opposed to Dele Ali but that is only because I trust the guys behind the scenes at the club. When you have the stink surrounding a player so good and his form dropped off a cliff and he doesn’t get games.... you need to know why and if that will be solved by him moving here.

obviously if it were solved by him coming to us then he’s a shit hot player going on the cheap.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

I wouldn’t be totally opposed to Dele Ali but that is only because I trust the guys behind the scenes at the club. When you have the stink surrounding a player so good and his form dropped off a cliff and he doesn’t get games.... you need to know why and if that will be solved by him moving here.

obviously if it were solved by him coming to us then he’s a shit hot player going on the cheap.

I'd be very careful assessing a player like him - we definitely don't want players who've checked out of the game mentally, especially ones who are used to a hundred grand a week. I'd much rather, as I said the other day, go after players who are on the up. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

He has been on my radar for a bit now, I like how he moves in from the wing a bit like Henry did early on in his career.

if we were looking in January we may have got him but the big boys are supposed to be interested now.

Wears Brentford colors as well, so it's inevitable...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, paul514 said:

Is he actually better than someone like Bergjwin?

He was posting some crazy stats in Holland, 14 goals for PSV in his last season. This season at Spurs....0 goals and 0 assists I believe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, paul514 said:

I'm not fussed with Ali tbh. I can see the pros and cons. Think he'll hit some form when he leaves Spurs but we need to sign a player or two who can push us to 8th or even 7th next season.

I remember in January 2019 the frothing of keyboards when Giroud was sort of linked to us ("Bad influence in dressing room" etc even though everyone who plays with him say he's a brilliant pro) so that's more the type of signing I'm on about. 18 month- 2 year deal and I'm convinced we'd finish 6th or 7th with someone like Giroud leading the line and likes of Jack and Watkins buzzing around him. Infact with Giroud's age he'd be perfect sort of signing imo as you wouldn't be starting him every week so Ollie would still get loads of starts as CF.

Add a good right winger into the mix and that's an excellent attack to go into next season with.

If this Augero to Chelsea link is credible then one of Tammy or Giroud is certain to become available anyway.

I’d love to see us drop £20m on Harrison for the left wing and play Grealish as our 10. Imagine he will end up at Leeds though, it looked ‘as good as’ a loan to buy last summer even though I don’t think it technically was.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

He was posting some crazy stats in Holland, 14 goals for PSV in his last season. This season at Spurs....0 goals and 0 assists I believe.

The Dutch league isnt a great marker especially for Dutch players these days. They are a poor generation in the national team at the moment they are still calling crap like Babel and Klassen up 

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

What would people think of signing Ampadu at the end of the season? Sheffield United was a bad move for him but he could still be a useful squad player here.

Depends on the state of Chelsea FFP following last summers spending, wouldn't expect value for money out of them

But would be happy with him or tomori if a deal was there 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

I'd be very careful assessing a player like him - we definitely don't want players who've checked out of the game mentally, especially ones who are used to a hundred grand a week. I'd much rather, as I said the other day, go after players who are on the up. 

Incredibly important, I would have thought he would be on 150k plus. 

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I wouldn’t compare the two, he is primarily a striker for me anyway. It’s more the qualities he has at his age that is interesting and he is so fast. For me I’m looking at no one except Eduoard for striker at the moment due to availability, price, record and attributes. It’s just the right player for us if we are to sign a striker.