Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

30 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I agree, although I’d prioritise a LB as well. I like Targett a lot, but we’ll need someone more akin to Cash on that side if we want to push on.

i agree we need a LB, but i do wonder if we might go for a youth understudy or a cheap understudy option to allow us to spend the bulk of the money where its really needed currently.

I think thats what i would do personally.

We need:

1: a new midfield three

2: two new wingers to replace Traore and AEG. Trez can stay as squad player.

3: back-up LB and CB and GK if Heaton retires

4: back up striker

So, that's 9 new players, one less than I thought. Happy days.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, sne said:

Gabriel Gudmundsson would be a interesting target to add as competition for Targett.

I don’t know a lot about him but I know he’s highly rated. Only 22 as well I believe?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I don’t know a lot about him but I know he’s highly rated. Only 22 as well I believe?

I don’t know a lot about him either tbh even thou he's Swedish. But he's had a pretty amazing development since he switched position to LB/left wing back at Groningen.

He's really fast and explosive and as a former winger he is good going forward. Still not the finished article defensively of course but think with him only turning 22 in a couple weeks he'd be a really interesting option to compete with Targett. And a cheap one.

Bigger clubs sniffing around thou. Man C, AJAX, RB Leipzig, Napoli...

Edit: Might as well add the obligatory youtube vid.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, sne said:

Apparently IFK Norrköping is negotiating with a PL club about selling Isak Bergmann-Johannesson.

[...]

Edit: According to rumors it's Wolves :(

That name doesn't sound Portuguese...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

We need:

1: a new midfield three

2: two new wingers to replace Traore and AEG. Trez can stay as squad player.

3: back-up LB and CB and GK if Heaton retires

4: back up striker

So, that's 9 new players, one less than I thought. Happy days.

If we mainly sign quality from now on, I reckon you’re looking at another 3 summer transfer windows at the very least for all that to happen.

Smith has said we won't be spending mega money on individual players and are going to have to search for value for money. So I think we will be looking towards the championship again and Ligue 1.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Smith has said we won't be spending mega money on individual players and are going to have to search for value for money. So I think we will be looking towards the championship again and Ligue 1.

He also said we wont be signing many foreign players because of the new Brexit rules

Think anything said by Smith and the club should be taken with a pinch of salt as always. We are not going to publicly state or spill our transfer strategy or divulge how much money we are willing to spend.

• Like 4

He hasn't completely ruled out foreign signings and John Percy said in his article about us offering Konsa a new deal that we're looking to take advantage of the financial situation in Ligue 1.

1 hour ago, sne said:

I don’t know a lot about him either tbh even thou he's Swedish. But he's had a pretty amazing development since he switched position to LB/left wing back at Groningen.

He's really fast and explosive and as a former winger he is good going forward. Still not the finished article defensively of course but think with him only turning 22 in a couple weeks he'd be a really interesting option to compete with Targett. And a cheap one.

Bigger clubs sniffing around thou. Man C, AJAX, RB Leipzig, Napoli...

Edit: Might as well add the obligatory youtube vid.

Looks the dogs’ danglies to be fair. Can’t believe he’s 21, he’s built like a brickie 😂

Edited by 7392craig
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, sne said:

Think anything said by Smith and the club should be taken with a pinch of salt as always. We are not going to publicly state or spill our transfer strategy or divulge how much money we are willing to spend.

Of course but the new Brexit work permit rules arent going to help us sniff bargains from abroad sadly

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Of course but the new Brexit work permit rules arent going to help us sniff bargains from abroad sadly

Depends on what nations they are from but yeah it adds a bit of extra difficulty.

Watched the Southampton game this weekend secretly hoping they tank the rest of the season so we could go for Ings. I would love to see him at villa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Thought that only really applied to under 18s? What’s the difference between signing a 19 year old from South America and a 19 year old from France?