Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

The reason I don’t offer suggestions of 50 million pound players for us to sign is because they simply won’t want to sign for Villa, their wages would be enormous and we don’t have the revenue to match them without being in European competition or higher merchandise income.

They also offer little prospect of getting an increase in value or perhaps keeping their value to sell on.

Then there is the issue of putting your eggs in one basket or a couple of baskets.

I simply think we need one more season of half a dozen players coming in for the 15-30 million bracket before moving up the transfer ladder.

That's not entirely true on wages and I think you should suggest them now. I'm sure if there's a case for pulling in a 100k a week player and they will be a massive benefit to the team then the Gaffers and Villa should be doing it. We can either compete at the cost of some money that the Owners can afford or take up residence as a mid table or lower team and never compete for Europe or the league title all to keep a healthy bank balance. I do not think were in any danger of hurting ourselves if we up our game and sign five if we could 60 mill players.

The 50 million player I think is becoming more of a real deal for us, it will have to since there are so many of them, yet so little clubs that can afford them at the moment. The fact weve improved so much on last season is a reason we may see the 50 mill player or above arrive this Summer and we should. I think it's a good a time as any to get money spent on 50 above mill players one reason is to take advantage of other clubs as they did us in the past and Rob us of our favourite players. As Nick put it we simply need to do it even if it's only to make Jack feel he's not the only main wonder guy around here who can make things happen. Were far less likely to see things happen on field if we buy 10 or 20 million players and for very good reason is that they just don't perform like a 50 or 60 mill man does. The value against there name is there for a reason and usually means they have played much much better and at alot more of a consistent rate than the lower budget players.

I think it wouldn't hurt for you or anyone to start throwing the 50 to 60 mill players around here now, it's certainly the type of player we will need to entertain Europe with. You look at the big five in the premier, look at the players and the names they house and let loose in Europe. If we want to be a middle table team then we will continue on the same course and signings we've been making. However we want a title chase or Europe we will have to start upping the spending on a singular player if they are the right fit, right mould for the club. The signings We've been making the last couple of season with a few exceptions like Martinez, Konsa and Watkins are of a mid table team or below, yes you can still find gems of course and should always look out for them before they become a higher values player. 

I suspect our Owners will want massive improvement next season and the expectations on Smith and Co will be bigger and to do better next season. How can Smith, Lange, Purslow and Co do that if they can't sign a better bracket of player, simply put we won't reach European football if we can't manage to sign two or three 50 mill or above players. We now need flair, quality and all round Jack Grealish style creativity and the next level in kick ass professionalism. Sure Grealish is one of a kind but there is the player we could sign that is l on or around his level or even better that we must sign to get on the same competitive level as the big five in this league. Simply put we have to start risking it abit on spending, as the saying goes "spend big to receive big" If we can manage to bring a couple of those players in and as Nick put it look how Fernando transformed UTD. UTD were a team no where near the top of the league till Fernando dropped by to say hello, if we can manage to spend right and spend big then Nick is right it could transform us into a European performing and league title chasing team.

If Lange can't up his level of signings and talk some of these 50 millers and up into joining then we will of out grown him, much like we have some of our underperforming players. So far Lange has done ace and I expect him to bring in better in the Summer. Surely Smith will now be saying to the gaffers I need better than what we have had for last couple of season and if you want me to have this team ready to compete "if you cant get me much better than this and this player" then I'm afraid you won't have a competitive team next season and we will be placing mid table or worse again. Someone at Villa is going to have that to have that talk with the Owners if they are not realising it already, that to compete even more now and go after trophys, they will surely have to spend on improving the frontline and placing players around Jack who Jack himself knows he doesn't have to babysit or do there work for them.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Good listen from the Villa View, plenty of talk on what they think may happen in the Summer.

i did agree with them on jack having a say. not sure whether that's a good thing or not because the first names from his mouth will be delle ali and barkley!

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i did agree with them on jack having a say. not sure whether that's a good thing or not because the first names from his mouth will be delle ali and barkley!

I think Jack should have a say because I do think if he is given a shout on who comes in it makes him happier if any signings he chose get chosen. Also I think he will say to the Gaffers look I'm happy to be here but our signings have to keep on getting better and I'd like to see more money spent on one player than just 20 mill.

I think giving Jack and having a player with a  a voice changes things for the club, he's a bargaining chip himself in pushing the ceiling higher.

There would be many players I reckon now that would be happy to play alongside Jack even if they cost 50 mill or above they know what he can do..

I think if Jack sees Barkley not working out I do think he's professional enough to set friendship aside from the club. Tammy may also appear from his mouth lol, maybe if a player like Jack is to have a say and there choices could be brought here that they come in  as loans first. Of course if friendship can be set aside for professionalism then it's a different story.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

At the right price I wouldn’t be totally against Dele Alli ... Not advocating we necessarily sign him but can see merit in it and if available and where we are at it could be a shrewd move.

I don’t buy he is completely lazy as Poch was known to be a taskmaster in training and Alli performed well for him... I’m not going to judge him just by Jose sound bites in an Amazon documentary. Every club he’s been at so fa,  Jose always hangs out one player to dry.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

At the right price I wouldn’t be totally against Dele Alli ... Not advocating we necessarily sign him but can see merit in it and if available and where we are at it could be a shrewd move.

I don’t buy he is completely lazy as Poch was known to be a taskmaster in training and Alli performed well for him... I’m not going to judge him just by Jose sound bites in an Amazon documentary. Every club he’s been at so fa,  Jose always hangs out one player to dry.

Look at how alot were saying no to Lingard, he goes to West ham and all of a sudden were wishing for him, I think same would happen with Alli and he will go to a team and perform.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Look at how alot were saying no to Lingard, he goes to West ham and all of a sudden were wishing for him, I think same would happen with Alli and he will go to a team and perform.

Or how a lot of us were exited with Barkley coming here and he turned out to be garbage. 

Alli would be a massive gamble with big fee and wages. Loan with set price to buy would be the way to go with him if we are interested.

As for Lingard I'm doubtful he will keep this level of points scoring next season but he's been a great loan for Wet spam. 

• Like 2

I'd be happy going for Alli on loan to buy instead of Barkley. Yes there are risks but if we could get him back to anything like his best he'd be amazing. Maybe he just needs a new scene.

32 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Agree and i think most would say alli was a level above lingard also

45 minutes ago, sne said:

Or how a lot of us were exited with Barkley coming here and he turned out to be garbage. 

Alli would be a massive gamble with big fee and wages. Loan with set price to buy would be the way to go with him if we are interested.

As for Lingard I'm doubtful he will keep this level of points scoring next season but he's been a great loan for Wet spam. 

Barkley was also a massive fee was he not?? I guess it's like having a girlfriend and finding the right one sometimes your lucky to hit the gold mine straight away, if not you have to go through a few hundred before you find missus right 🤣🤣

• Like 1

Just now, Dave-R said:

Barkley was also a massive fee was he not?? I guess it's like having a girlfriend and finding the right one sometimes your lucky to hit the gold mine straight away, if not you have to go through a few hundred before you find missus right 🤣🤣

Seen a horror story that we paid £11m to Chelsea to loan him and that that's why Lange is pushing for the permanent deal since we already have so much money invested in him.

Might all be BS.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Seen a horror story that we paid £11m to Chelsea to loan him and that that's why Lange is pushing for the permanent deal since we already have so much money invested in him.

Might all be BS.

Yeah I wouldn't buy a player all because we invest a fair bit into his loan, if Lange pushes that button all while Barkley is playing shite for us I'd want Lange gone and fetch someone more capable in.

It just wouldn't make sense to bring anyone in we gambled that much money on and I can't even justify going any further. As much as I like Barkley he isn't worth any more than what weve paid into for him, Lange would have to have a screw loose to bring him here after an abysmal time.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Might all be BS.

We probably have paid that much in a loan fee, just over 1 million a month isnt that much for the right player

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I wouldn’t want either of them in our squad tbh. No matter the purple patch, let someone else blow their money on them, Lingard will be back to his spectacular levels of average by next season.

16 hours ago, paul514 said:

You mean Koopmeiners? Sorry I just had to get that in 😂

I have not seen him enough to know, but I will bow to your better knowledge on him or the type.

if he is like Declan......Yes please.

In such a case, I would move McGinn and Luiz further forward and not buy a creative midfielder, a winger yes.....but I think Luiz and McGinn would be fine in a more natural role.....I would bring in a CDM like you mention.

• Like 1