Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'm not fussed with Ali tbh. I can see the pros and cons. Think he'll hit some form when he leaves Spurs but we need to sign a player or two who can push us to 8th or even 7th next season.

I remember in January 2019 the frothing of keyboards when Giroud was sort of linked to us ("Bad influence in dressing room" etc even though everyone who plays with him say he's a brilliant pro) so that's more the type of signing I'm on about. 18 month- 2 year deal and I'm convinced we'd finish 6th or 7th with someone like Giroud leading the line and likes of Jack and Watkins buzzing around him. Infact with Giroud's age he'd be perfect sort of signing imo as you wouldn't be starting him every week so Ollie would still get loads of starts as CF.

Add a good right winger into the mix and that's an excellent attack to go into next season with.

If this Augero to Chelsea link is credible then one of Tammy or Giroud is certain to become available anyway.

Tammy just won’t be coming to us as he wants the guaranteed start above all else it seems. Then there is the cost. Giroud would be a good short term signing.

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I’d love to see us drop £20m on Harrison for the left wing and play Grealish as our 10. Imagine he will end up at Leeds though, it looked ‘as good as’ a loan to buy last summer even though I don’t think it technically was.

I liked the look of him but I’m not sure he is the required level of quality and I’m never too sure on how good one of their players is due to the system. Definitely good enough for a squad place though.

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

What would people think of signing Ampadu at the end of the season? Sheffield United was a bad move for him but he could still be a useful squad player here.

Pass, he’s ok but unless we are swapping out one of our ok players for him on the cheap I don’t see the point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

The Dutch league isnt a great marker especially for Dutch players these days. They are a poor generation in the national team at the moment they are still calling crap like Babel and Klassen up 

There is a few poor players in the national team, the rest of them are very good.

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

There is a few poor players in the national team, the rest of them are very good.

well in recent games they have called up Krul, Stekelenburg, Veltman, Van Aanholt, Daley Blind, Klaasen, Babel, Tete, Klaasen, Babel, Luuk De Jong,  Berghuis, Fosu-Mensah, Fer, Davy Propper and Quincy Promes. All crap players for a top team and I would not be keen on signing any of the Dutch players at the moment that cant break into this squad

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well in recent games they have called up Krul, Stekelenburg, Veltman, Van Aanholt, Daley Blind, Klaasen, Babel, Tete, Klaasen, Babel, Luuk De Jong,  Berghuis, Fosu-Mensah, Fer, Davy Propper and Quincy Promes. All crap players for a top team and I would not be keen on signing any of the Dutch players at the moment that cant break into this squad

They also have Wijndal, Koopmeiners, Mallen, Gravenbach and all the big name players 

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

They also have Wijndal, Koopmeiners, Mallen, Gravenbach and all the big name players 

Only Wijndal started all the games last week and only Malen of the rest started and he was dumped after the Turkey fiasco

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Only Wijndal started all the games last week and only Malen of the rest started and he was dumped after the Turkey fiasco

That doesn’t stop them being good players, could be the manager, coaching, system, injuries, not suited to play with each other and so on.

The Dutch debates always remind me of that Jordy Claise guy a few were hyping up on here around 2014 period when he had a decent world cup. Came to Southampton, did little and been back in Holland last few years.

I presume El Ghazi had a good season at Ajax to get him the Lille move and Traore was certainly a key player in Ajax's europa run to final in 2017 but he still massively divides opinion after nearly a year here now so they're similar to some of the names above.

Not saying we shouldn't sign these guys but I'd love this summer to sign one player you know has the ability and mentality to help us become top 6 team in next 2-3 years just as the likes of Carew helped us all those years ago.

Youri Tielemans at Leicester keeps on coming to my mind as the equivilant type of signing we need to make from somewhere. Leicester were about 11th or 12th when they got him and he was in and out at Monaco.

Edited by VillaChris

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Koopmeiners sent off after 5 minutes tonight, an absolute disgusting challenge

Is he a bad player then? The lads got tons of great attributes, 15 goals and 5 assists in his league...

42 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The Dutch debates always remind me of that Jordy Claise guy a few were hyping up on here around 2014 period when he had a decent world cup. Came to Southampton, did little and been back in Holland last few years.

I presume El Ghazi had a good season at Ajax to get him the Lille move and Traore was certainly a key player in Ajax's europa run to final in 2017 but he still massively divides opinion after nearly a year here now so they're similar to some of the names above.

Not saying we shouldn't sign these guys but I'd love this summer to sign one player you know has the ability and mentality to help us become top 6 team in next 2-3 years just as the likes of Carew helped us all those years ago.

Youri Tielemans at Leicester keeps on coming to my mind as the equivilant type of signing we need to make from somewhere. Leicester were about 11th or 12th when they got him and he was in and out at Monaco.

Yep I dont like buying from the Dutch league unless they have done it in Europe or for the national team. For every Van Nistelrooy or Bergkamp you have many more Clasie, Afonso Alves, Davy Klaasen, Kezmans or Daley Blind that are huge flops

Even the 3 biggest to leave Netherlands in recent times De Jong, De Ligt and Van der Beek have struggled since leaving Ajax

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Is he a bad player then? The lads got tons of great attributes, 15 goals and 5 assists in his league...

I dont know but it was a horror tackle that could have ended a career

13 hours ago, tinker said:

Matheus Pereira.

Scored approx 7 goals so far this season I think?  Good age and will only be 25 once this season has finished.  You would think Albion will struggle to keep him once down, so he’s an option for sure.

Boost our Brazilian numbers as well 👍

34 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Scored approx 7 goals so far this season I think?  Good age and will only be 25 once this season has finished.  You would think Albion will struggle to keep him once down, so he’s an option for sure.

Boost our Brazilian numbers as well 👍

Would be a good signing for us but I could see him going Leeds. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Depends on the state of Chelsea FFP following last summers spending, wouldn't expect value for money out of them

But would be happy with him or tomori if a deal was there 

Not sure I can condone anymore Chelsea loan madness, we have players from there and they do not seem to work out unless your names Tammy Abraham.

But is the cost of securing a loan with Chelsea really worth it, if rumours are true on what cost Barkley to play here, not sure if it's worth getting stung over and over on Chelsea let downs.

Maybe one of the problems when we loan players and they fail, is we have to look at a club and ask ourselves do they play like us or not. A clubs players are being trained in certain methods and ways to play like them, were playing catch up to try the big boys, if any club I thought we'd be loaning from I thought Liverpool are the most that we mostly play like.

Edited by Dave-R

19 hours ago, paul514 said:

I liked the look of him but I’m not sure he is the required level of quality and I’m never too sure on how good one of their players is due to the system. Definitely good enough for a squad place though.

He’s performed a bit outside that system as well though. Looked the best player in MLS (doesn’t mean much I know). I think he’d do well in our side.

Edit: think he’ll go to Leeds so irrelevant really!

Edited by Adam2003