Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, TRO said:

We just can't take them, for granted.

but they have been fabulous so far.

I think they will continue, doubt they have bought a club to come this far then not continue to pump money into there project.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think they will continue, doubt they have bought a club to come this far then not continue to pump money into there project.

Fingers crossed Dave....I suspect you are right, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Domagoj Bradaric just smashed in a long shot for Croatia against the England U21's. He plays for Lille as a LB and is also a full international at 21-years old. Might be worth a look.

Just came on to post the very same ... mentioned before as a player we should target. How about a cheeky bid for him and a Johnathan David ... 

• Like 1

Think we'll lose a couple of fringe players and add a couple of first teamers. Dont watch enough other football to be able to recommend anyone in particular.

I still like Tammy Abraham though, although I would prefer Wesley to hit the ground running first. Deffo need some proper wingers, a two footed one would be nice and much harder to defend against.

Our biggest deal this Summer will be to still have Grealish at the end of it. 

Bryan Gil is my totally unrealistic dream summer signing suggestion ... Currently (only) has a €50mill release clause.  He is a superstar in the making and a completely stupid suggestion... But one can & has to dream - as stranger transfers have happened ... 

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Bryan Gil is my totally unrealistic dream summer signing suggestion ... Currently (only) has a €50mill release clause.  He is a superstar in the making and a completely stupid suggestion... But one can & has to dream - as stranger transfers have happened ... 

I saw his name the other day for Spain. Just had a look and they've loaned him out last two years so not impossible they'd do that for one more season given someone like O'campos has been a great pick up for them in last two seasons (that's the type we need to start looking at as he was a good player in France for Marseille and Monaco).

How does he play, like a Deuofelu type? Just looking and he seems a bit slight for premier league so would need to muscle up a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Sounds like a 90's R&B singer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, thabucks said:

Anything to Carles?

Watching the England v Poland game, I was so impressed with the performance of Declan Rice, in particular.

I would just love us to get a player similar to him, it would transform us and spread confidence throughout the team.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Anything to Carles?

🤞🏻 No ... Even if we could sign him I fear he’d be more a Pablo Fornals than a Juan Mata ... it would be a huge show of intent if we activated his release clause and however much I’d like him to join I cannot see it happening ( poss if Suso was still here ... ) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TRO said:

Watching the England v Poland game, I was so impressed with the performance of Declan Rice, in particular.

I would just love us to get a player similar to him, it would transform us and spread confidence throughout the team.

Wouldn't it be a lovely thing to have another creative midfielder at Villa who can actually be Creative week in week out, would cost it would and we should just pay the price.

If we're to start competing then we need a team that can compete and that means our Owners must pay the price for there ambition and pump money into the club.

I do think we will see a big bit of money handed to Lange, I think it's going to be around 120-140 million depending on where we finish, we need a strong finish to the season now.

Hurry UEFA scrap the FFP before this season is finished. Imagine if it does get scrapped I reckon our Owners would go bonkers for the club.

Edited by Dave-R

11 hours ago, TRO said:

You mean Koopmeiners? Sorry I just had to get that in 😂

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Wouldn't it be a lovely thing to have another creative midfielder at Villa who can actually be Creative week in week out, would cost it would and we should just pay the price.

If we're to start competing then we need a team that can compete and that means our Owners must pay the price for there ambition and pump money into the club.

I do think we will see a big bit of money handed to Lange, I think it's going to be around 120-140 million depending on where we finish, we need a strong finish to the season now.

Hurry UEFA scrap the FFP before this season is finished. Imagine if it does get scrapped I reckon our Owners would go bonkers for the club.

Completely agree, we saw how Fernandes has basically transformed Man Utd from Ole looking like he would get the sack to being second in the league. 

If we could find and acquire a quality creative player to come into the team it would really take us up to the next level. 

Forget the 10m+ or 20m+ pound players, and I know I ramble on about the small squad, if we could get one real quality creative player and spend....let's say it even cost 50-60m on somebody who was genuine quality even if it was over half our budget, it would take us to the next level.  We cant afford to waste our money in the summer, we need genuine quality. 

I do read some of the names people quote like Brooks at Bournemouth and yes nice, tidy players but I really hope it's just something more, just someone that we can start to feel that Jack isnt our only real creative outlet.

I assume Lange will get a big budget, we seem to be building a strong recruitment team, which would seem pointless if we werent going to spend decent money along with looking to bringing in more youth for the future but Lange is here to deliver for now mainly because if we arent successful now, he wont be around for long. 

Let's hope they get it right this summer and we get genuine quality. 

p.s. I talk about 60m on a player because of the quality we need, if we find a gem for 20m then great.  Value doesnt bother me, it was more an indication of the quality we need in a round about way, I just dont want to find another 20m player that is ok/good but more of what we have.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Completely agree, we saw how Fernandes has basically transformed Man Utd from Ole looking like he would get the sack to being second in the league. 

If we could find and acquire a quality creative player to come into the team it would really take us up to the next level. 

Forget the 10m+ or 20m+ pound players, and I know I ramble on about the small squad, if we could get one real quality creative player and spend....let's say it even cost 50-60m on somebody who was genuine quality even if it was over half our budget, it would take us to the next level.  We cant afford to waste our money in the summer, we need genuine quality. 

I do read some of the names people quote like Brooks at Bournemouth and yes nice, tidy players but I really hope it's just something more, just someone that we can start to feel that Jack isnt our only real creative outlet.

I assume Lange will get a big budget, we seem to be building a strong recruitment team, which would seem pointless if we werent going to spend decent money along with looking to bringing in more youth for the future but Lange is here to deliver for now mainly because if we arent successful now, he wont be around for long. 

p.s. I talk about 60m on a player because of the quality we need, if we find a gem for 20m then great.  Value doesnt bother me, it was more an indication of the quality we need in a round about way, I just dont want to find another 20m player that is ok/good but more of what we have.

The reason I don’t offer suggestions of 50 million pound players for us to sign is because they simply won’t want to sign for Villa, their wages would be enormous and we don’t have the revenue to match them without being in European competition or higher merchandise income.

They also offer little prospect of getting an increase in value or perhaps keeping their value to sell on.

Then there is the issue of putting your eggs in one basket or a couple of baskets.

I simply think we need one more season of half a dozen players coming in for the 15-30 million bracket before moving up the transfer ladder.

Edited by paul514

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

I simply think we need one more season of half a dozen players coming in for the 15-30 million bracket before moving up the transfer ladder.

Whether it’s the right thing to do or not I think most signs indicate this is the strategy for this summer. Sign the likes of Cash and Watkins or Jarod Bowen in the 15-30 sort of range and hope they grow in value. Maybe push it to 35-40 million if a more established player like Tammy or Delicatessen Alli became available. Don’t see us spending 50 mill on anyone.

Not an accident we have the youngest squad in the league either. Our players will grow up a bit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

The reason I don’t offer suggestions of 50 million pound players for us to sign is because they simply won’t want to sign for Villa, their wages would be enormous and we don’t have the revenue to match them without being in European competition or higher merchandise income.

They also offer little prospect of getting an increase in value or perhaps keeping their value to sell on.

Then there is the issue of putting your eggs in one basket or a couple of baskets.

I'd like that sort of player but agree, I think it might take time to get them here. We need to cement ourselves as a midtable/top half team. 

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

Fantastic post, enjoyed reading it.

• Thanks 1