Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we mainly sign quality from now on, I reckon you’re looking at another 3 summer transfer windows at the very least for all that to happen.

Back ups don't need to be quality, as long as they're better than Taylor. Midfield is the main problem, Ideally I'd switch them all but maybe McGinn can keep his place for another year. Luiz and whoever the third midfielder is should be replaced at minimum. Sanson, Nakamba, Ramsey as back ups. And a quality RW is a must.

So, two quality midfielders and a quality RW. And then some benchwarmers. Should be doable.

1 minute ago, beachboys1 said:

cant keep looking to championship valueb for money  heard that before ominous

Kinda agree although we managed pretty well this time around with Cash, Watkins & Konsa. Not that they were cheap by any standards.

We have our fair share of disaster buys from the Championship before these guys thou.

All our best players had played most of their football in the championship before impressing with us in the premier league, Konsa, Cash, Watkins, McGInn, Grealish, Mings, I think even Martinez had played more games in the championship than in the premier league as well. We won't just sign players from that division, but if we buy wisely players from the championship can improve us.

A front 4 of Ollie up front with Zaha, Grealish and Traore supporting behind, would do for me next season.

He’ll have 2 years left on his contract in the summer and I think Palace will let him leave.  Not convinced there would be too much interest given Covid.  £65m plus c. £160k a week ????

1 hour ago, beachboys1 said:

cant keep looking to championship valueb for money  heard that before ominous

Err, if you take the championships very top players they are often very good in the premier league.

7 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

A front 4 of Ollie up front with Zaha, Grealish and Traore supporting behind, would do for me next season.

He’ll have 2 years left on his contract in the summer and I think Palace will let him leave.  Not convinced there would be too much interest given Covid.  £65m plus c. £160k a week ????

Zaha might see it as a sideways move....

7 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

So we pay him a third more than Jack and spend 65m on a 28 year old?

No.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Zaha might see it as a sideways move....

He would certainly want a better move but after this season and with continued spending I can’t see the players of bottom half teams thinking it’s a sideways move to be fair.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He would certainly want a better move but after this season and with continued spending I can’t see the players of bottom half teams thinking it’s a sideways move to be fair.

He’d want Arsenal, but would they pay up the £65m ???  I don’t think they would, he needs to kick on again in performance, if he wants to go to a ‘big’ club.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AVTuco said:

We need:

1: a new midfield three

2: two new wingers to replace Traore and AEG. Trez can stay as squad player.

3: back-up LB and CB and GK if Heaton retires

4: back up striker

So, that's 9 new players, one less than I thought. Happy days.

Where would you expect to finish next season out of interest if say a couple of those signings were really really good? I mean we don't need 9 new signings just to stand still in the league surely?

Would still focus more on 2-3 really good ones and then get in a CB who can play full back competently and another FB so think that's the way to do it rather than just get more countless squad fillers in.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

He’d want Arsenal, but would they pay up the £65m ???  I don’t think they would, he needs to kick on again in performance, if he wants to go to a ‘big’ club.

Nah not 65m. A 28 year old with 2 year on his contract. 40 to 50 million most likely. Persuading him to come is another matter.

If Watford don't come up we should move for Sarr. Bring him and Olise in, plus Edouard or Abraham, and all of a sudden we have top 6 attacking options at least, if Grealish stays as well.

We need a pacy attacking LB to come in, as well as a big DM.

The good thing is that I think our owners know that we need to spend big to convince Grealish that he is best off staying.

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Nah not 65m. A 28 year old with 2 year on his contract. 40 to 50 million most likely. Persuading him to come is another matter.

New manager at Palace going to sell their best player? 

No chance IMO

And if you went shopping at Palace it wouldn't be Zaha that I'd want, Eze is a star in making, not that I think they'd sell him or he'd move either 

Edited by villa4europe

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

New manager at Palace going to sell their best player? 

No chance IMO

And if you went shopping at Palace it wouldn't be Zaha that I'd want, Eze is a star in making, not that I think they'd sell him or he'd move either 

Massively overrated for me. Seen them a few times and I just don’t get the hype.  Good, tidy player yes. Star in the making? No chance.