Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

There's nothing in this but "here's a player I'd like to see with us", but Valencia's Yunus Musah is comfortable out wide or in central midfield, tidy on the ball, and full of running.  A prospect at just 18, he's already worked his way into the U.S. midfield alongside Tyler Adams and Weston McKennie. I imagine Valencia has big plans for him, but he's not getting a lot of minutes with them at the moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Loft is-cheek is a fine player but the injuries are a worry as are the wages. He would be cheap to purchase

He has a massive attitude problem as well, no thanks

Apparently IFK Norrköping is negotiating with a PL club about selling Isak Bergmann-Johannesson. They are asking between £4.5m-£6m which is a lot for such a young guy but still pretty much nothing to a PL side.

Really hope it's us but have a feeling it might be Leicester or perhaps West Ham who they've done business with before.

Kid is going to be a great player if he doesn't pick up injuries.

Edit: According to rumors it's Wolves :(

Edited by sne

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently IFK Norrköping is negotiating with a PL club about selling Isak Bergmann-Johannesson. They are asking between £4.5m-£6m which is a lot for such a young guy but still pretty much nothing to a PL side.

Really hope it's us but have a feeling it might be Leicester or perhaps West Ham who they've done business with before.

Kid is going to be a great player if he doesn't pick up injuries.

Joey Gudjonsson aka the sledgehammer's kid? Ha! Born locally - it'd be like coming home for him. Like a salmon.

• Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

Joey Gudjonsson aka the sledgehammer's kid? Ha! Born locally - it'd be like coming home for him. Like a salmon.

Yup, that's the one. 

Only just turned 18 but he plays with the maturity of someone 10 years older.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Yup, that's the one. 

Only just turned 18 but he plays with the maturity of someone 10 years older.

It'll be interesting to see how his career pans out. I'm sure Lange and his scouting team will be running the rule over him. 

Our 3 biggest requirements for me, are:

• Right Winger/Inside forward.
  • Attacking midfielder (no.10), or a Left Winger if Jack is moved to no.10.
  • Defensive Midfield General (no.6)

After that i would say we need:

• Striker

After that:

• Left Back
  • Right Back
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

It'll be interesting to see how his career pans out. I'm sure Lange and his scouting team will be running the rule over him. 

It's Wolves apparently. I'll be so disappointed if he ends up there.

Massive talent who also has connection to the club and since he was born in England he gets around the Brexit stuff.

We have Lange and our analyst who surely knows about this guy. would be a huge missed opportunity for the price touted.

Just make it happen Villa.

As well as positions, I think we also need to consider the quality of additions that we bring in. If we want to progress then surely we need players that are ready to come in and improve the first 11 from day one.

I think west ham is a good example, Benrahma looks a useful addition for the future but Lingard was the player that has really boosted their push towards top 6.

I think we need to balance our arrivals. I'd like to see someone like Ings.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Our 3 biggest requirements for me, are:

• Right Winger/Inside forward.
  • Attacking midfielder (no.10), or a Left Winger if Jack is moved to no.10.
  • Defensive Midfield General (no.6)

After that i would say we need:

• Striker

After that:

• Left Back
  • Right Back

I agree, although I’d prioritise a LB as well. I like Targett a lot, but we’ll need someone more akin to Cash on that side if we want to push on.

2 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I agree, although I’d prioritise a LB as well. I like Targett a lot, but we’ll need someone more akin to Cash on that side if we want to push on.

If we can unearth a cheaper version of João cancelo that's the dream ticket right there.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

If we can unearth a cheaper version of João cancelo that's the dream ticket right there.

Hey, I’m all for that. I’m confident of our scouting team pulling out a gem eventually, but that would make me very happy.

8 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Gabriel Gudmundsson would be a interesting target to add as competition for Targett.