Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

13 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I have this horrible, horrible feeling they didn’t expect Grealish to leave and now they’re scrambling around to make good. 

Purslow said in the post-Grealish interview that they didn't expect anyone to match the release clause. The caveat is that the clause was set 12 months ago so he might have been referring to the decision to set it at 100m rather than expecting Grealish to be here until a couple of weeks ago. 

The interesting point is that there is contradiction between Smith and Purslow. One said that Buendia was brought to compensate for Jack's output while the other states that Emi was going to be signed up regardless of Jack leaving. If Dean is correct then maybe it does point to a scramble, which is concerning. 

I think the Idea was to play ol' shin splints in the number 10 role and Bailey and Buendia on the wings.

Gotta say Brighton had a good pick with Enock Mwepo. Solid Midfielder who played for RB Salzburg. I think his old teammate Mohamed Camara would be a great pick up if we went for him. 

13 hours ago, RicRic said:

Martinez

Konsa     Mings  
   Cash                                         Targett

New DM  Mcginn

Buendia   
          Bailey     Ings     Watkins 

Subs:

Steer
Tuanzebe 
Young 
Sanson 
Chukwuemeka 
Traore  
Luiz  
Philogene-Bidace 
Wesley

Bailey and Watkins Slightly further behind Ings 

Ladies & Gentleman this is the side and formation that will best work for us at this moment in time, i think we need a stronger DM In replacement of Luiz, I actually think Luiz is best playing as a CM, Ramsey should be loaned out however he didnt play bad today but hes just not giving us that buzz we need or that extra special something, we are trying to get Europe and we need to achieve that so no room for keeping players we say are this and that if they cannot bring us to that next level Thats football its a harsh world.

Mcginn is a great player but would he be playing for man city every week absolutely not , are we trying to reach that level yes we are so at some point we would have to upgrade on that position im not saying we have to do that now but in due course those changes would be made, same way i have assessed and stated Luiz isn't that beast of a player we need in that area so he should be used in rotation.

I expect Wesley,Ramsey,Nakamba,Conor and maybe Hause to be moved on

I think that is the plan.  But I think the solid DM should be playing alongside either Sansom or Luiz rather than McGinn. Although my worry is that none of those three would start for any of the other teams aiming for a top 6 or top 8 finish.  So although we have lots of players "covering" that position I just don't see any of them being good enough.  Sansom hasn't really had a chance to prove himself yet.  Luiz could be a player in the right set up and with the right support.  McGinn is a great character and would be great coming on with 30 minutes to go.

I don’t understand why you guys think that we are going to sign more players. The club have came out and told you otherwise. in previous windows smith has came out and said we are still looking for players and you choose to believe that. 

18 hours ago, Danishlad said:

We may need two new full backs. On the back of today’s performance.

They are not as good as we think they are.....but we are stuck with them for now.....don't get close enough to opponents and make their presence felt...don't win enough duels.

8 minutes ago, grobs said:

I don’t understand why you guys think that we are going to sign more players. The club have came out and told you otherwise. in previous windows smith has came out and said we are still looking for players and you choose to believe that. 

then we will, have to suffer the consequences, simple as that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, allani said:

I think that is the plan.  But I think the solid DM should be playing alongside either Sansom or Luiz rather than McGinn. Although my worry is that none of those three would start for any of the other teams aiming for a top 6 or top 8 finish.  So although we have lots of players "covering" that position I just don't see any of them being good enough.  Sansom hasn't really had a chance to prove himself yet.  Luiz could be a player in the right set up and with the right support.  McGinn is a great character and would be great coming on with 30 minutes to go.

I would play Axel as the DM unless we get one....he can then help cash out more defensively.

Right Now....Mings and Konsa are the only defensive looking players we have.....its simply crazy.

Edited by TRO
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, grobs said:

It may well be that we aren't looking to add to the squad, but similarly with just a couple of weeks in the window left, we're not going to tell other clubs that we need more players within such a tight deadline. 

If we tell the world we're short of where we need to be, selling clubs have leverage over us and can pull our pants don't on any deal. And not in a good way.

If we tell the world we're happy with our squad, other clubs will think that doing a deal is less important to us, giving us a bit more bargaining power.

It's a very basic thing not to show your hand. Like bursting into a bazaar, gasping for thirst with a big wodge of notes in your hand.... how much do you think a bottle of water will be?

Struggling to keep up with how this new DCM should be. For a year or so he was supposed to be a tall menacing old fashioned anchorman type, then Italy wins the Euro's and suddenly what we need is mobility, intelligence, passing and playmaker qualities. And then we lose 1 game and we should put a CB with only the odd game 5 years ago in that position as our DCM? 

And somehow all of this is still the exact type of player we have been hearing about all along. Don't get me wrong I'd love for us to have a player like that but that's basically a £70m or more player we are talking about here.