Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

we need a top class DM.

Obviously this is the first time we have noticed this, a totally new and unbelievable thing to just have noticed, we totally havent needed it for over 12-18 months now.....

crikey.....

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

we need a top class DM.

Obviously this is the first time we have noticed this, a totally new and unbelievable thing to just have noticed, we totally havent needed it for over 12-18 months now.....

crikey.....

Pape Sarr is the man. 

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

Last season our defence was pretty solid and we looked a threat going forward. The big problem IMO was the midfield. 

We haven’t addressed that. 

Agreed, we need to be ruthless with that midfield, like when we went and ousted Heaton to get Martinez. McGinn, Luiz and possibly Sanson (still unknown) are good enough to be in the squad but if we really want to progress only one of them should be starting in a midfield three, and maybe none in a 2. Go big for a holding player and a centre mid. That would transform this team.

10 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

NO! We've reached a level where we need to look bigger than lower end Premier League and top end Championship. If we want to progress up the league it is time for Lange to step up and start finding gems ready for that level. 

Gems that are already playing at a higher level than the Prem/Championship? Or are they only gems if they're from a lower level abroad? 

41 minutes ago, macandally said:

It baffles me how we single out and then belittle individual players when that was so blatantly a poor team performance.  I could not pick a MoM out of that from our side, we were literally second best everywhere.  The premier league is all about small percentages, that will be a wake up call across the squad and I would expect a reaction in training on Monday and in the performance against Newcastle.

Do not lower yourself to slandering players its unbecoming, the squad is young and heading in the right direction, they just were not fit enough today

Fitness is exactly what we lacked today. 

But, why Ramsey for Targett? Exaplin that? 

Why start El Ghazi wide right when we ALL know he's no good there? 

Where was Buendia meant to be playing in that second half? I saw him more than once playing in the same position as the first half. Ramsey was directly behind him. Who was wide left when Young went to left back? 

So many answers needed. Tell you one thing, those doubting McGinn's quality need to shut up. He's been asked to play deeper than his quality befits. For me, as seen when he plays for his country, he should be playing behind the striker. 

Maybe our starting lineup. When all fully fit, should be:

----------------------Martinez----------------------

Cash--------Konsa-------Mings-------Targett

-------------New DM-----Luiz---------------------

Bailey------------McGinn--------------Buendia

----------------------Watkins--------------------------

We need to be totally ruthless here. If we can, we should sell AEG, Conor, Marvelous and Luiz. Hopefully that would raise somewhere between £40m and £50m. Buy 2 centre mids for about £60m. Maybe £15m for Cheick and £45m for another top midfield player from abroad. Also get Alvarez in as a bench option forward. Money in £40m to £50m. Money out £70m to £80m.

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

He played really well last weekend even though it was as a 10/AM / playmaker.

Well one of those wouldn't go amiss.!!!

He's robust in the tackle, great vision and passing. Is he ready for the PL at 19 years old ? . The way he plays suggests he could handle it.

Just now, hippo said:

Well one of those wouldn't go amiss.!!!

He's robust in the tackle, great vision and passing. Is he ready for the PL at 19 years old ? . The way he plays suggests he could handle it.

He dominated the game last week against Lille. I think he's ready. 

• Like 1