Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

How do you know that's what they meant though? You're just making assumptions because you don't like a word.

I don't . Once is a language barrier. Twice is a conspiracy. I am like the hundreds of others who are frustrated by yesterdays result and am trying to make sense of it on here rather than annoying the missus. 

4 minutes ago, ejvilla said:

I agree with your view that CL is miles off.

The club has said though that Europe is the target for this season. Dean has said it and so have the players. I presume it is the target the board have set this year.

In that context, do you think the team is strong enough?

Absolutely not, midfield is unbalanced and Smith and the new players will need time to gel and the old ones will need time to adjust to a life without Grealish.

Nothing wrong in aiming for Europe, but there are at least 6-7 teams that should finish above us and another 3-4 that are at least as good as us. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I don't . Once is a language barrier. Twice is a conspiracy. I am like the hundreds of others who are frustrated by yesterdays result and am trying to make sense of it on here rather than annoying the missus. 

But your assumption is that them saying “expected…” automatically equates to “we should’ve easily beaten them.” You don’t see an issue with that?

Edited by Aston_Villan4

31 minutes ago, ejvilla said:

Yep:

"We at Aston Villa are probably 18 months behind where we needed to be to keep Jack but Jack will show his worth on the highest stage of all in the Champions League, as he did in the Euros in the summer."

So he doesnt say that at all does he?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

So he doesnt say that at all does he?

It's the logical interpretation.

Jack left to go join the type of club that can win trophies and plays CL.

Dean says we're 18 months from being the type of club he'd want to stay at.

What about this is difficult for you?

Just now, ejvilla said:

It's the logical interpretation.

Jack left to go join the type of club that can win trophies and plays CL.

Dean says we're 18 months from being the type of club he'd want to stay at.

What about this is difficult for you?

Your interpretation! 

There are some who I struggle to see as fans, given their willingness to spin everything negatively in order to stoke fires.

We are one game into a season, come back in a month if the team is still not up to speed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, macandally said:

Your interpretation! 

There are some who I struggle to see as fans, given their willingness to spin everything negatively in order to stoke fires.

We are one game into a season, come back in a month if the team is still not up to speed.

Struggle to see me as fan because of how I've interpreted a clear statement?

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised given the powers of deduction you've evidenced. 

Haven't spun anything negatively. Said team isn't good enough for a CL push, with which you presumably agree. Said it needs a DM for a Europa push, for which some would call me optimistic. So it's currently a mid-table side most likely, which is below the goal the club seems to have set. Yippee! Let's all celebrate! 

I would've said my interpretation was positive... and I'm generally positive about where we are & are going. And stoking fires? Do you think Lange is holding a crisis meeting because I've told the interwebs we need a DM?

I'd say fans who spend time thinking and talking about how they'd like to see their team evolve, sharing opinions, are better than those who just attack anyone who's not spunking claret & blue at all times.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Can't wait to see who the boo boys will blame the next loss on if we actually buy a new DM...

This place was fun over the summer.  Now I'm seeing names on VillaTalk I haven't seen since our last loss in the previous season moaning in every thread.

Aww boohoo

5 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I’m not being facetious but we haven’t replaced Barkley or, rather, the position in which Barkley played. We must be in the market for someone there.

Gizza job, I can do that:D:

Troubled Ross Barkley at crossroads with his career spiralling towards  oblivion