Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

56 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I’m not being facetious but we haven’t replaced Barkley or, rather, the position in which Barkley played. We must be in the market for someone there.

We absolutely need to get someone for that position.

14 hours ago, RicRic said:

Martinez

Konsa     Mings  
   Cash                                         Targett

New DM  Mcginn

Buendia   
          Bailey     Ings     Watkins 

Subs:

Steer
Tuanzebe 
Young 
Sanson 
Chukwuemeka 
Traore  
Luiz  
Philogene-Bidace 
Wesley

Bailey and Watkins Slightly further behind Ings 

Ladies & Gentleman this is the side and formation that will best work for us at this moment in time, i think we need a stronger DM In replacement of Luiz, I actually think Luiz is best playing as a CM, Ramsey should be loaned out however he didnt play bad today but hes just not giving us that buzz we need or that extra special something, we are trying to get Europe and we need to achieve that so no room for keeping players we say are this and that if they cannot bring us to that next level Thats football its a harsh world.

Mcginn is a great player but would he be playing for man city every week absolutely not , are we trying to reach that level yes we are so at some point we would have to upgrade on that position im not saying we have to do that now but in due course those changes would be made, same way i have assessed and stated Luiz isn't that beast of a player we need in that area so he should be used in rotation.

I expect Wesley,Ramsey,Nakamba,Conor and maybe Hause to be moved on

I don’t think this formation is going to work for us with who we have available now, and maybe even with a new DM. We got overrun playing with two in the middle yesterday, I don’t think McGinn should be playing that role, I think we should be playing him further forward but with our new signings there’s no room for him further up the pitch. We have 5 attacking players now who could start with every week but the issue is if we play 4 of them our midfield suffers again. There’s also the issue of not having the players in midfield to link play from our defenders to our forwards. Most of our play in the first half was our back four playing it to each other it was terrible to watch. Until Mings has to hit a long ball due to having no other option. Cash and Targett both had shocking games yesterday for different reasons, and to start with Ollie and Bailey on the wings could just be the same as yesterday teams able to expose us out wide. Ollie will work hard in any position but if we’re relying on him and Leon to cover defensively and attack surely both their attacking outputs will suffer. Ings is a brilliant signing and it’s always good to have options but I think we need consistency now more than anything for the team to gel and having to accommodate Ings and Ollie hinders us more than it benefits. 

I think it has to be a 4-3-3 for now and and I never thought I’d say it but I would even consider Axel in the middle. Watching the game back our midfield is constantly wide open and Marv is so often too far up the pitch or him and McGinn were miles apart. I would rather have stability on the pitch than watch teams cut through us like butter every time they attack. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

We absolutely need to get someone for that position.

I was kind of hoping Buendia would fill this, but he looks a bit lost at present. ( Only 1 game obs )

I know people hate this notion about size etc, but the bloke is tiny, not easy for him in there, unless he has help to allow him to play his game.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, allani said:

But it isn't one loss is it.  It has been a pattern of play over pretty much two entire seasons and now one more match.  I think that is the frustration that many people are feeling.  We've potentially solved one problem (an over reliance on one player) with a more dynamic front line (I think everyone is willing to give them a few matches to start clicking) but the other problem has been that we've been too weak through the centre.  Sometimes it works but too many teams have been able to take control of the middle of the park and we struggle to regain that foothold once we have lost it.  We've got too many midfielders that are too similar and no-one who can come in and really try and wrestle back that control.  Of course we haven't had our first XI out yet and we all know that AEG doesn't help relieve pressure on the midfield 3.  Young didn't do much better.  But it seems a big risk for me if we wait for Ings, Bailey and Ollie to start before seeing whether that means that DL and JM suddenly become a partnership capable of leading us into European contention.

seeing  marv and aeg doesnt help in starting line up

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

No they wouldn’t!!

they would , they are a selling club, offer the right ££ you have the player, its dead simple.

no different from villa selling jack , offer the ££ , they are off . 

1 hour ago, allani said:

I think that is the plan.  But I think the solid DM should be playing alongside either Sansom or Luiz rather than McGinn. Although my worry is that none of those three would start for any of the other teams aiming for a top 6 or top 8 finish.  So although we have lots of players "covering" that position I just don't see any of them being good enough.  Sansom hasn't really had a chance to prove himself yet.  Luiz could be a player in the right set up and with the right support.  McGinn is a great character and would be great coming on with 30 minutes to go.

I agree with you there and i feel like I would have been attacked if i even suggested maybe replacing mcginn , but mcginn works harder than Luiz so maybe it could be Sanson if he can show his full potential, its not easy to decide and has actually given me a headache figuring it all out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

Don't understand why some of you are using Purslow's statement as evidence we won't be signing anyone else when we have literally signed a player since that video was posted.

Smith literally says it twice in the last few days.

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I’m not being facetious but we haven’t replaced Barkley or, rather, the position in which Barkley played. We must be in the market for someone there.

Tricky one this because i think Buendia would be now in this role but it depends because that same role might be further up towards to the front line now, I cant think of anyone else to play in that position.

50 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I don’t think this formation is going to work for us with who we have available now, and maybe even with a new DM. We got overrun playing with two in the middle yesterday, I don’t think McGinn should be playing that role, I think we should be playing him further forward but with our new signings there’s no room for him further up the pitch. We have 5 attacking players now who could start with every week but the issue is if we play 4 of them our midfield suffers again. There’s also the issue of not having the players in midfield to link play from our defenders to our forwards. Most of our play in the first half was our back four playing it to each other it was terrible to watch. Until Mings has to hit a long ball due to having no other option. Cash and Targett both had shocking games yesterday for different reasons, and to start with Ollie and Bailey on the wings could just be the same as yesterday teams able to expose us out wide. Ollie will work hard in any position but if we’re relying on him and Leon to cover defensively and attack surely both their attacking outputs will suffer. Ings is a brilliant signing and it’s always good to have options but I think we need consistency now more than anything for the team to gel and having to accommodate Ings and Ollie hinders us more than it benefits. 

I think it has to be a 4-3-3 for now and and I never thought I’d say it but I would even consider Axel in the middle. Watching the game back our midfield is constantly wide open and Marv is so often too far up the pitch or him and McGinn were miles apart. I would rather have stability on the pitch than watch teams cut through us like butter every time they attack. 

I dont see Marv part of any established plans moving forward, its hard to edit but Mcginn wouldn’t be that far up either he'd be more dead central on the pitch, so with the 433 that means one of the new boys or watkins would essentially not be starting ?

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We would probably rather not sign anyone else, than be fleeced, or just sign dross for the sake of it.

I don't mind us paying over the odds for a player or two atm if it means the difference between mid table and getting into Europe. 

• Like 1

I think Smith is true in saying we won’t be signing anyone else, as it stands. We will only make signings when we have shifted players out the door. He did touch on quite a few leaving out on loan, which I imagine to be Guilbert, Hourihane and Wesley. 

If Deano is asked whether we are still in the market, or interested in X player, the answer is 100% always a no comment type answer. He needs to worry about pooor passing and individual errors right now and leave Lange to do his job. A top midfielder should be a priority but only if the right player is getable.

Slightly off topic......

A random group of 500 past and present premier league players were polled to find out who they scored their first goal against, a staggering 78% said Aston Villa. (this survey may or may not be genuine).

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know some don't rate St. Maximin, but every time I've seen him play, he causes absolute chaos.

Some outstanding wing play from his just now to give Newcastle the lead against run of play.

You think this because you've seen him play. I get the impression the ASM naysayers never have! He's great and very exciting to watch and he makes things happen.

• Like 2