Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

mcginn further forward in the 10 role.

Is he or Ings a No10 though? For me McGinn is competing with Sanson for one of the No8 roles if we play a defensive shaped 433.

If we’re aiming for Europe we need a better No10 than McGinn, if we want to play 4231.

A front four of 

Watkins

Bailey       Kamada       Buendia

is a lot better than

Watkins

Bailey       McGinn       Buendia

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That would be a ridiculous viewpoint. As soon as you stop trying to move forward in the premier league you go backwards. Look at Villa between 2010-2016.

This season is  a great opportunity to really add to the squad with the existing transfer budget plus the Grealish sale.

Absolutely. I also think we have a great opportunity to catch up to the other sides above us with more investment. Arsenal are in turmoil, Spurs are a in danger of imploding, Everton put the brakes on spending.

Will be a real missed opportunity of cracking the top 6 if we don’t invest in the team. My fear is that the club are putting too much faith in the kids being good enough to push us forward. Or maybe the tap has been turned off?

Just now, burchy said:

DM - One of Doucoure, Tchouameni, Anguissa please.

I think the ship has sailed with Sarr, especially with IrnBru been signed from the Baggies as he’s a similar age I believe. 

Another one of the " Best young players on Fifa Career mode " when you are googling to try and cheat lol.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Another one of the " Best young players on Fifa Career mode " when you are googling to try and cheat lol.

I’m going to show my age now but I always preferred pro evolution soccer.

Tchouameni is a player though and only 21/22 too. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, burchy said:

I’m going to show my age now but I always preferred pro evolution soccer.

Tchouameni is a player though and only 21/22 too. 

You think you're the only " West Midlands Village " fan here mate? Piss off! hahahaha!

Unrivalled gameplay mate.

I always sign him and Bailey on career mode, also Correa.

Unrelated, but Liverpool always sign Mbappe, and Tottenham Werner. lol

I always end up selling hairband as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, burchy said:

Is he or Ings a No10 though? For me McGinn is competing with Sanson for one of the No8 roles if we play a defensive shaped 433.

If we’re aiming for Europe we need a better No10 than McGinn, if we want to play 4231.

A front four of 

Watkins

Bailey       Kamada       Buendia

is a lot better than

Watkins

Bailey       McGinn       Buendia

You might be right.

We dont have kamada though. I dont think theres any links to him either, he's only being suggested because one poster, who is a knowledgable scout suggested him - even though i would love to sign him dont think theres anytjing in it

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

For me McGinn is competing with Sanson for one of the No8 roles if we play a defensive shaped 433.

With the personnel we have a defensive 433 is the best way to go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Their midfields are nothing to write home about. Arsenal were starting Xhaka and Lakonga yesterday. Spurs will likely be starting Oliver Skipp tomorrow. Everton have Doucoure and Allan and then...? Leeds have Phillips and a bunch of CBs who double as DM. I think the trio of McGinn/Luiz/Sanson is as good as anything around us. 1 more signing of similar quality and we'll be strong. Don't think we need a new midfield at all. Just someone to replace Nakamba. Hourihane is already on his way and Ramsey is a youth player.

Some rational thinking.

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

With the personnel we have a defensive 433 is the best way to go.

The problem we have is we don't really have midfielders who have defending instincts. Ramsey and Mcginn both loves to run forward. That's their strengths. 

Sanson I've not seen enough of to evaluate. 

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I don't get the point in saying we're not after anyone else. The second we approach a club about a player, they know we're after them.

The only reason that could end up being a lie is to raise the fans spirits higher if we do sign someone.

If its not a lie, I think we're going to about match last season... so 8th/9th if we get lucky with injuries,  which so far we have not, or 11th if we don't. 

11 th , id take that.

So far we have replaced Grealish, Barkley, Engels, Taylor and Elmo with Bailey, Buendia, Young and Tuanzebe.

I struggle to see who Ings replaces, but it’s a great signing in an area where we needed much better competition.

However, we are still one injury away from having to completely change how we setup as we still don’t have enough quality strength in depth on the left side.

We do have JPB though, but I’ve not seen enough of him to know if he is in a position of being able to provide adequate cover at LW if needed.

But that’s a smaller problem compared to midfield.

If it weren’t for lockdown, that midfield would have been playing Championship football last season. Before March 2020 we were getting walked through by so many teams because we just couldn’t keep the ball. It’s a big problem and we will see more performances like the first 45 minutes of yesterday’s match if we fail to do anything about it in the next couple of weeks.

We all have to remember that our main front four last season were:

Traore---------Barkley-----------Grealish

------------------Watkins-----------------------

Yesterday, we started with:

El Ghazi-----------Buendia-----------Young

--------------------------Ings-------------------------

Completely different attack that clearly needs time to gel. 

My biggest problem with our lineup yesterday was seeing El Ghazi wide right. That position is one that El Ghazi has never played well in. He always performs better when wide left. 

Buendia in the middle is going to mean we have 2.5 midgets there and far too lightweight in terms of strength. Yesterday, he was simply brushed aside.

If they are serious about not buying anyone else Buendia and Bailey will have to play out wide. We will probably have to play Ings behind Watkins to add a bit of steel into the centre. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, burchy said:

Two DMs needed ASAP in my eyes, one to push Nakamba to the bench (CDM - Doucoure, Tchouameni, Sarr) and the other to compete for Luiz’s place - a Locatelli/Milinković-Savić/Dahoud type.

If we had our current midfielders become our bench options (depending on form) we’d be a lot better off. 

A midfield three of 

McGinn/Sanson        Milinković-Savić
                      Doucoure

If I’m being greedy I’d like a No10 too so we go with the below in some games

Kamada

Doucoure    Milinković-Savić

A tad bit unrealistic I guess but that is what we need. Can we afford three top, top quality players?

We could afford someone like Locatelli but would he come? Milinković-Savić would cost a fair chunk of the Grealish wad but Doucoure and Kamada might be relative cheap options compared to the likes of JWP. 

That's a new team. Literally a new team. 

1 hour ago, cbr600rr said:

team looks too soft in the middle, needs a footballer, west ham would sell Tomáš Souček , not cheap, they want hause too. 

jwp would add too , nakamba has really not sold it to me , over run to many times ,

No they wouldn’t!!

13 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Worrying.

Is it a comment made to have an impact on a deal waiting to happen?

Or, 

Perhaps the owners are saving a little money for January?

The first of those two...I hope.🤞