Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

You think this because you've seen him play. I get the impression the ASM naysayers never have! He's great and very exciting to watch and he makes things happen.

I agree. However we have Leon Bailey who i would put in the cause chaos category. He is great to watch and makes things happen as well.  And surely now we should be concentrating on the central midfield. We have only spent £39 mill on central midfield out of the £320 mill spent since Dean joined. 

We need steel and a bit of composure in there .it is no suprise that Leicester are right up there when it comes to purchasing central midfielders.  

Cheikh Doucoure and Wham Bam Anguissa would be a great start . 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know some don't rate St. Maximin, but every time I've seen him play, he causes absolute chaos.

Some outstanding wing play from his just now to give Newcastle the lead against run of play.

Agreed. I would like him to. 

I think we overthinking this transfer window and trying to be to smart. Buy the best players you can possibly get.

Edit:- just got an assist for Newcastle.

Edited by hippo

Can't we go after someone for the time being like:

Diego Demme??

29 year old German, I'd quite like a German for the role, at the club. Germans they are usually tough and rough in defensive duties. He can play Central and Defensive Midfield and RightBack.

Edited by Dave-R

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'm a big ASM fan too - but in Bailey I think we have something as good - that said why not have another!

I think Bailey is more silky and superior at set pieces too. ASM is dangerous and has some amazing moves but it feels like a bit of a fumble sometimes and he needs help from the wonderful God of physics above. I'd put him somewhere in between Bailey and Adama.  

• Like 1

I'd guess that ASM would be twice the price of Bailey... 

We maybe got Bailey and Buendia for the price of ASM, you'd say looking at today West ham got bowen and benrahma for how much ASM would cost

And for that reason I'd be a no, he's already in the PL and on a silly contract, we'd never get a good deal for him 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We maybe got Bailey and Buendia for the price of ASM, you'd say looking at today West ham got bowen and benrahma for how much ASM would cost

And for that reason I'd be a no, he's already in the PL and on a silly contract, we'd never get a good deal for him 

He doesn't make any sense regardless anyway with the options we have now. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And there lies the problem.

We are quite happy to take punt after punt on maybe players. But when it comes to buying proven prem quality we go AWOL .

Anyway DS said we are done this window. Sadly I believe him.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Leon Bailey a punt? 

There's a problem... 

Ok perhaps not a punt. I do in fact like players who have cut it in the German league as I feel it's similar to our own.

I would have like ASM - but nothing ever materialised. But JWP - did we really think £25m would land him. ? 

Feels like some people (not just on here) think the PL is like the NBA or NHL and that every other league is like the Greek ice hockey league or something :D 

Edited by sne
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Feels like some people think the PL is like the NBA or NHL and that every other league is like the Greek ice hockey league or something :D 

indeed. we all know Allsvenskan is the same level deep down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

You think this because you've seen him play. I get the impression the ASM naysayers never have! He's great and very exciting to watch and he makes things happen.

they just have to turn this game on to see that he is obvious quality

23 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ok perhaps not a punt. I do in fact like players who have cut it in the German league as I feel it's similar to our own.

I would have like ASM - but nothing ever materialised. But JWP - did we really think £25m would land him. ? 

Throw in that if we low balled them for JWP because we think they're desperate for money we have them £25m for ings... 

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

We didn't lose yesterday because we didn't have a brick shithouse DM...  We weren't "overrun in the midfield" and TBH, this is just a lazy excuse now any time we lose.  A new DM wouldn't stop Sarr from making a fool out of an unfit Player of the Season Matt Targett 1v1 over and over again in the first half.  We didn't even change shape in the second half and a fit 36 year old Ashley Young put Sarr in his pocket.  Watford played well.  Sat back, defended and won the ball, then quickly looked to release one of their front three big, strong, fast players to hit us on the counter.  Statistically, that game should have ended 1:1, they only had 1.32 xG and 2 of their three were incredibly lucky for them to go in (Sarr's blocked shot from Mings bouncing perfectly over Emi and into the far corner and Hernandez's 8% shot which went in from long range).

Your stats conveniently overlook the fact that they were 2-0 by half-time and 3-0 at one point and so didn't need to attack any more.  If you genuinely believe that the score yesterday should have been 1-1 then good on you.  Let's just stick with a midfield that for the best part of 2 seasons has not been good enough and make excuses and use strange "facts" to overlook that fact.  A strong leader in the middle of the park yesterday would 100% of changed the course of the match.  They would have made sure that we made better use of the 60% of possession that we had in the first half.  They'd have controlled the ball better to make it easier to manufacture more than 0 shots on target.  They'd have spotted Watford's tactics and helped us counter them more effectively.  Merv and McGinn singularly failed to do that.  They will fail to do that in more matches than not.  We can't keep saying "Oh but we were so unlucky" every time we lose a match.  The better you get the luckier you become.  At the moment our midfield is a massive weak link.  Unfortunately running around a lot doesn't win many games.

• Like 2

Feck me, we now need to replace last seasons player of the year? 

Im out, you lot are are absolute tools.