Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

31 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Tbf, if enough people tweet something similar, I wonder how far it would go viral 

Have you been offered a job at The Athletic yet?

24 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Depends maybe on JWP? Is he going to kick up a major fuss to get a move through or wait another season?

Just move on. I don't get the fascination with him. How many better players are available from European teams in financial jeopardy? 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Yes I agree and this why I don’t think Ings will play as No. 10 in the way people think about Barclay etc.. We could easily line up: Watkins, Ings, Bailey (front three as Liverpool) with three midfielders behind - say Buendia, McGinn, Nakamba/Luiz - but I would prefer a top DM in place of N/L. End result a very fluid 4-3-3 with no fixed No.10 but we will have to wait to see what Dean decides to do.

As far as I can see you play a false nine when your wide inside forwards are better finishers than your central striker (mane and salah).

We’ve got two strikers who are known for their finishing and goal poaching. Why would we want to take either of them further away from the goal in favour of getting our wide players, who are known for being able to pick up the ball deep, beating a man and/or threading a through ball, closer to the penalty area.

With the personnel we have, playing a false nine is amongst the last things I would consider.

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Gives us the cover we need, saves money for other targets, knows the club and will slot in nicely. I don't see a downside.

Agreed, can't see him getting in ahead of Mings or Konsa but he is here to replace Engels not either of those two. Plus he appears to have an affinity with the club and a good song. So just a series of wins really.

2 minutes ago, VBM said:

Agreed, can't see him getting in ahead of Mings or Konsa but he is here to replace Engels not either of those two. Plus he appears to have an affinity with the club and a good song. So just a series of wins really.

Plus half a season of playing CB alongside Mings so they already know each other’s game.

I'm glad we have a 4th centre back as I think it's risky for any team to go into the season with less than 4. Also glad because of this...

On 05/08/2021 at 20:45, Okonokos said:

My left arm to VillaTalk if we don't sign anyone else this window.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I'm glad we have a 4th centre back as I think it's risky for any team to go into the season with less than 4. Also glad because of this...

On 05/08/2021 at 20:45, Okonokos said:

My left arm to VillaTalk if we don't sign anyone else this window.

Yeah, don't know about anyone else, but I read that as meaning a permanent signing, not a loan, so ...

• Haha 2

Nothing to be annoyed about with this to be fair.

Knows the club, 3/4th choice CB.

Cover for RB ( If Guibert is off ).

Gives us a year to scout and identify long term defensive targets ( Unless he wants to stay and we decide to keep him ).

also gives us a year to see how Kessler and/or another youth CB develops.

Saves us money.

Also, dare I say, he can play the forbidden ancient position to some degree as well.

• Haha 1

Jonathan David has liked another Villa Insta post.

A couple infact.

- One thanking the club for the support at training yesterday,

- One of Ings announcement

- One 6 days ago of Training pics

I'm trying to remember what the original one was, I think it was Kesler loan maybe

Edited by HalfTimePost

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't. I think we'll go mostly with what we've got. People wanting to go with 5 new players basically is as potentially more calamitous than good. We have Sanson back from injury who had great pressing stats and he's been given #8 so expect to see him in midfield this season. McGinn isn't getting dropped. Nakamba AEG Traore have all earned the right to game time regardless what some VT posters think of them

I think they will spend another £50-70m, I just dont think they will miss the chance of adding while they have the cash and there are some distressed sales out there. We do need to keep the momentum going and I think they will TRY and get another very good payer in. It may not come off, but I reckon they will.

What the club wont risk is losing Martinez, Bailey, Buendia, Watkins or Konsa next summer. If the project falters we run that risk.